CAA South Central Ontario Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 7, 2017

2.8

Insurance Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Berkeley, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at CAA South Central Ontario (Berkeley, CA) in September 2015.

Interview

Focus more on technical questions. And make sure to understand basic statistical terms and be able to apply that in real life cases. The real life case is based on what you answered in the last question. Also, try to think generally and thoroughly when answering questions. Consider as many variables as you can.

Customer Services Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Thornhill, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CAA South Central Ontario (Thornhill, ON (Canada)).

Interview

Applied online, did a brief phone interview with the HR lady a week or two later who invited me for the in person interview which lasted around half an hour and consisted of the HR rep and the sales supervisor. If the interview goes well, they will extend a conditional offer of employment based on the successful completion of a credit, criminal and reference check. CAA hires a third party called Backcheck to perform these checks. Also CAA recently added a new component to their hiring process where they not only look at your credit report but your overall score as well so if its not good they will revoke their conditional offer of employment.

Interview Questions

• Walk us through your resume
      Tell us about your previous work experience- then specifies with sales and sales goals
      Did you have any rewards for meeting sales goals? Were you paid commission?
      Have you worked in a commission environment?
      What did you like and dislike about your sales job or previous job?
      What does customer service mean to you?
      How would you communicate with someone who speaks broken English?
      What is more important- good customer service or meeting sales goals? (Hint: Sales goals)
      What plans do you have after you graduate?
      How do you manage work and school?
      Tell me about a time you dealt with an angry customer?
      If I hire you, what are your goals in the first month?
      What skills do you bring to the table?
      Why CAA?
      Why did you apply for this position? What do you like about it?
      Where do you see yourself in five years?
      If a tree falls in a forest and no ones there to hear it, will it make a sound? (joking)
      Do you have any questions for us?
      Answer Question

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Thornhill, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CAA South Central Ontario (Thornhill, ON (Canada)) in August 2016.

Interview

I had a Phone interview and then within two weeks I had a a face to face interview with HR and the Director.
    They do let you know fairly quick if you do get selected for the next round typically within few days My final interview was with the peers and direct reports.

Interview Questions

• Mostly star based scenario questions and questions regarding your past experience.
      The questions are pretty straight forward
      1 Answer

Call Centre Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond Hill, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at CAA South Central Ontario (Richmond Hill, ON (Canada)) in July 2016.

Interview

Very disjointed. 2 people interviewed and they seemed disorganized and not in sync. There was little engagement. Seemed totally unprofessional and it changed my opinion of the organization. I sensed they are unable to make decisions without executive input. Sounds like a very autocratic place to work. They seem to want change but they talk at length about how well things are the way they are. That was very confusing. Not sure the management there (director was involved in the interview) wants the change.

Interview Questions

• Walk us through your resume   1 Answer

Member Care Counsellor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hamilton, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at CAA South Central Ontario (Hamilton, ON (Canada)).

Interview

I applied online, there was a telephone interview , an in person interview with the supervisors, testing and that's it. I think I was called within a week of testing and my start date was 3 weeks later. It was pretty easy, but now I think the interviews are a bit more difficult

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation

Actuarial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at CAA South Central Ontario (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in February 2016.

Interview

Typical screening process. 1 phone screen interview and 2 on-site interviews in their corporate office. The interview process was very basic - go over the resume, share work experience and basic behaviour questions. The HR lady that organized the interview process was very friendly.

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at CAA South Central Ontario.

Interview

two phone interviews, two on-site, no hard questions. Phone screen on resume and second phone interview with common behavior questions. First onsite with hiring manager with some very basic resume questions and scenario questions. Second onsite with director for some basic tech questions.

Branch Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at CAA South Central Ontario (London, ON (Canada)) in September 2015.

Interview

Telephone Interview. HR screening would ask a question and then not want to give me an opportunity to respond. Got feedback from recruiter that I interrupted her when she was talking. Was the most frustrating experience I have had in a telephone interview.

Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Thornhill, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CAA South Central Ontario (Thornhill, ON (Canada)) in June 2015.

Interview

They nicely gave me one week to get rid of time delay because I just came back from a travel. They have 4 runs interview: telephone, test, panel interview, and final 1-1 with director.

Interview Questions

• Q: Take this marker, go to the white board, tell me something about Spring framework.   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at CAA South Central Ontario (London, ON (Canada)) in May 2015.

Interview

Resume submitted to HR with a paper application rating how good you are at each area. Wait about a month and then you'll get a call with a quick chat from one of the HR Consultants. He'll ask you several short questions and then call you back asking whether or not you'd like to accept the position... at which point you say yes!