CACI International Background Investigator I Interview Questions | Glassdoor

CACI International Background Investigator I Interview Questions

2.6

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at CACI International (New York, NY).

Interview

I completed an online application. A couple of days later I received an email to complete an online assessment. The online assessment consisted of a timed test that included reading comprehension, math, and logic reasoning skills. About a week later I was contacted by an area Manager to set up an interview. I attended the interview which only lasted for about 10-15 minutes. The interviewer asks questions that is given to him by CACI. He asked about 7 questions in total. After the interview he told me I would be contacted in 5-7 days if am chosen to move forward. Now I am waiting for the results.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for CACI and why do you want to be an investigator?   Answer Question
  • What is something about yourself that is not contained in your resume?   Answer Question
  • Has there been a time when you a discrepancy on your time card   Answer Question
  • How is your home life supportive of being an investigator and working from home.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for CACI International

Background Investigator I Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at CACI International.

Interview

Met at career fair and a recruiter reached out and sent me an application. Honestly, they wasted my time. The company had me apply and go through all of the applications and process. I called to ask the status and they stated that since I did not live within 5-10 mile radius, I was disqualified. Someone should have checked that up-front before they even sent me the application. Also, I had to call to get that answer, they didn't even tell me. Extremely unprofessional if you ask me.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want this position?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CACI International (Washington, DC).

Interview

I applied online, was contacted by a recruiter, took an online assessment, and then had an in-person interview. I received an offer about a week and a half after the interview. The whole process took about 1 month. The in-person interview was similar to that of a regular interview. Because this is for an investigations position, I tried to make the interview seem conversational style - so we'd both be comfortable; tossing in a little humor, finding a common ground, and having a nice conversation after the interview. So to everyone applying to CACI, my advice is to just relax... And remember, you got this! ;) (oh, and don't forget to come up with 3-5 questions to ask at the end... If you're going to be an investigator, you have to know how to ask questions. Hope this helps! Good luck!)

Interview Questions

• What makes your interviewing skills different from the next person?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when there was a discrepancy in your time log at work.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CACI International (Orlando, FL).

Interview

After completing and passing their assessment, I had a casual styled interview with an Area Manager. Typical questions regarding my work history and had a very comfortable feel compared to past interviews I have had. It was an overall enjoyable experience.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CACI International (Washington, DC) in April 2016.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter a few weeks after I applied for the position. I was then sent an online assessment. It was pretty tough. A lot of math and logic questions with a short countdown on each problem. I was contacted a few days later and told I passed and set up a phone interview. The interview was remarkably short (10 mins) and I was sent an offer by email the next day.

Interview Questions

• How would you gain an interviewee's trust in an interview?   Answer Question
    • What distractions would prevent you from doing this job?   Answer Question

Background Investigator I Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at CACI International in March 2016.

Interview

Applied online, completed phone interview, offered position, started top secret security clearance and still waiting. Tell me about a time that you worked as a team player? Why do you want to be a Background Investigator.

Anonymous Employee in Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at CACI International (Fairfax, VA) in February 2016.

Interview

I applied through a CACI recruiter. The recruiter sent me a package to fill out and upload the the CACI careers section. After submitting all necessary paperwork I was directed to take an aptitude test in math and verbal. After I had passed the aptitude test the recruiter told me that someone will be in contact with me in a week or so. After 3 weeks I was contacted for an interview but since the interviewer was out of town in California, my in-person interview was made into a phone interview. I was interviewed for roughly an hour, with the standard interview questions. Following my interview I received an offer letter from the FSO.

Interview Questions

• why do you want to work as a background investigator?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Silver Spring, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at CACI International (Silver Spring, MD) in January 2016.

Interview

I received a call from a "talent acquisition company" early one morning. It was after I put in an application through their website for a background investigator position. I thought the guy was actually scamming me really. He just called to ask a little about me and whether or not I was still interested in the position (I had only applied like two days earlier so...yeah!). The next week, I got a call from CACI to schedule a phone interview. I thought that this was going to be the first part of the long, drawn out hiring process. But it wasn't! After my phone interview, which lasted maybe an hour, the woman who interviewed me said that she would pass all of my answers along to a hiring manager. Not long after that I received a conditional offer of employment (conditional, of course, because I had yet to go through any background investigation, drug test, etc). It was all-in-all a quick process.

Interview Questions

• They ask a lot of general interview questions and some specific to the job. I didn't get quizzed on the history of the company or that type of irrelevant stuff. The interviewer was very nice and made me feel comfortable. Some of the most specific questions revolved around why I believed that national security was important (or something like that, it's been nearly a year since the interview). All in all, coming into this interview, have your answers to normal interview questions memorized (why do you want this job, why is it a good fit, what are your biggest strengths/weaknesses, what are your hobbies) and you should be able to do fine.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Salary and benefits were non-negotiable.

Background Investigator I Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at CACI International in July 2014.

Interview

Interview process consist of 3 parts: 1.) Answering the essay questions 2.)Phone Interview 3.) Briefing 4.) Face to Face Interview. Each of which you had to make it to the next stage of the process.

Interview Questions

• Unexpected case review at the end of the briefing.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Hourly wage nonnegotiable

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CACI International (Washington, DC) in August 2012.

Interview

1. applied to several investigator positions-
    2. received email from recruiter explaining position- pre-selection questionnaire and writing sample- general questions
    3. Next-day- had virtual information session explaining position- it just happened to be scheduled for that day- there were 35-40 other people on the phone call
    4. another writing sample- not bad has to be submitted nextday
    5. writing samples will be reviewed and if selected for interview you will be contacted in 2 weeks max.
    6. may be a phone interview or face to face depending on how close you are to the field office
    7. if you pass the interview there will be the regular- drug test, financial check, driving record check, background investigation (30-60days),
    8. once you are cleared to work you will start training.

Interview Questions

• WHAT ARE YOUR STRENGTHS AND WEAKNESS'S?- i hate that question
      Other than that there are several situational questions- what would you do if?..
      general stuff
      Answer Question

Negotiation

There is no negotiating unless you are already a credentialed background investigator.