CAE Interview Questions | Glassdoor

CAE Interview Questions

Updated Feb 11, 2017

2.6

Software Engineer Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at CAE.

Interview

Initially contacted by a recruiter for a phone interview. Had phone interview with two engineers. General interview with a few tech questions. Told them I wanted Software Engineer intern and not QA. Given in person interview. Drove an hour just to find out SE intern position was filled.

Interview Questions

• Wasn't really any difficult question. Was asked what I'd do if my program did not compile.   Answer Question

IT Coop Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at CAE (Tampa, FL).

Interview

HR sat me down, we watched a video reviewing CAE and what they do. Then I was interviewed by 3 people. First finance manager, then technical database manager, and finally the hiring manager.

Interview Questions

• Review this code sample, what does it do?   1 Answer

Group Lead Scheduler Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at CAE (Dallas, TX) in May 2012.

Interview

Contact from HR. Interviewed with four different people from different facets of the business that the position would interact with.

Interview Questions

• How would you get past a situation where the group that you're leading is very experienced and not inclined to change their ways?   Answer Question

Software Systems Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CAE (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in February 2017.

Interview

I Received a call, and I given an appointment at the office in montreal. A normal interview took place with a board including hiring officers as well as engineers who were in charge of asking the technical questions. They asked both questions that pertain to your personality as well as technical questions

Interview Questions

• General questions, questions regarding any significantly bad grade on transcript and technical questions   Answer Question

Avionics Specialist Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at CAE (Montreal, QC (Canada)).

Interview

Nice people, nice building in Montreal. I applied online, it took maybe two weeks for a external recruiter to call me (basicly re-iterating my resume). It took another two weeks for CAE to book an interview.

Recruitment Role Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at CAE (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)) in August 2016.

Interview

Was greeted by the HR Generalist and brought to the Interview Room, there I meet with 2 of the team. Asked questions on my roles within the last few companies I worked with and why i wanted to join CAE. Not asked any competency based questions on my experience and the process was very disjointed.

Waited over 4 weeks for an update on the interview outcome and am still waiting for an update at time of writing this...no email or phone call to advise of an update. Very poor process and not impressed.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for CAE?   1 Answer

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at CAE (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in April 2016.

Interview

An interview was arranged to meet an Engineering Group Leader, A Software Lead and a Manager in the Avionics department. They were recruiting many contractors through agencies, which was my case. There were positions varying from deployment specialists to Software Engineers, and test engineers.

Interview Questions

• They asked questions regarding C++. A question regarding pointers, syntax errors, debugging and solving math outputs. There were some questions about UML and some behavioral and situational questions too. Mainly focused on customer satisfaction and responses.
      Finally a few questions on ARINC 429, AFDX, CanBus, RS422, etc.
      As an anglophone and visible minority there was even a test on French level.
      1 Answer

Avionics Systems Integrator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at CAE.

Interview

First the Human Resources person asks about 4-5 questions regarding soft skills. Pretty easy questions to answer , then 2 managers enter the room and ask about 8 - 10 technical questions, finally, they do a c++ test. The C++ Test was kind of difficult.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if there is a conflict of interest between you and your manager   Answer Question

Legal Counsel Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at CAE (Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)) in March 2015.

Interview

I applied through a local recruitment website and was contacted about a week later.

My interview with the Head of Legal was straightforward and helpful. She made it very clear about expectation of the role and things I would need to consider in the role especially about the travelling that would be involved.

After a hiatus, I was asked to return for a second interview with the head of human resources but did not take it further after considering the travelling factor.

Internship Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at CAE.

Interview

Applied through campus career website. Very straight forward application, you submit a cv, cover letter, and transcript. Interview was half behavioural and half technical. But I would say they don't care much about your personality, as long as you have minimum logic and work ethic. So your chances of getting hired are proportional to your knowledge in programming. Specifically C or Fortran.