CAE Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 6, 2017

2.7

20 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Flight Simulator Technician Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at CAE.

Interview

Interviewed with HR and said they'd pass me on to the hiring manager to do the next interview. I called next week to follow up and she said he still wanted to look at more resumes. I checked two weeks later and the position was closed. I thought with my military avionics electrical experience and BS degree at an accredited state university that I'd be qualified for a second interview.

Interview Questions

• Can you work in tight spaces?   1 Answer

Systems Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at CAE in May 2017.

Interview

I had the setup done via a recruiting company. I got the job interview on site. The company was located in St Laurent. The company is big and has an entrance for a different department. Unfortunately, I did not find the interviewers friendly.

Interview Questions

• logic gate diagram with and, or gates provided. with two different microcontroller programming language. I had to match right program with the diagram.   1 Answer
    • programming question that includes a pointers. you have to know the output of the program.   1 Answer
    • theory question: "what is inheritance"?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at CAE.

Interview

Initially contacted by a recruiter for a phone interview. Had phone interview with two engineers. General interview with a few tech questions. Told them I wanted Software Engineer intern and not QA. Given in person interview. Drove an hour just to find out SE intern position was filled.

Interview Questions

• Wasn't really any difficult question. Was asked what I'd do if my program did not compile.   Answer Question

IT Coop Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at CAE (Tampa, FL).

Interview

HR sat me down, we watched a video reviewing CAE and what they do. Then I was interviewed by 3 people. First finance manager, then technical database manager, and finally the hiring manager.

Interview Questions

• Review this code sample, what does it do?   1 Answer

Group Lead Scheduler Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at CAE (Dallas, TX) in May 2012.

Interview

Contact from HR. Interviewed with four different people from different facets of the business that the position would interact with.

Interview Questions

• How would you get past a situation where the group that you're leading is very experienced and not inclined to change their ways?   Answer Question

Aircraft Systems Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CAE (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in April 2017.

Interview

The interview was with two engineers, they start off by reading the CV ask a couple of questions about the experience and skills. they will ask technical questions and situational questions.
    they want to see your thinking process in difficult situations.

Interview Questions

• they asked a situation question about a boss who asked you to do something that you thought was wrong. How would you deal with it ?

another question was with pointers and a c++ code.   Answer Question

Software Systems Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CAE (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in February 2017.

Interview

I Received a call, and I given an appointment at the office in montreal. A normal interview took place with a board including hiring officers as well as engineers who were in charge of asking the technical questions. They asked both questions that pertain to your personality as well as technical questions

Interview Questions

• General questions, questions regarding any significantly bad grade on transcript and technical questions   Answer Question

Integration Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at CAE (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in November 2016.

Interview

I was called in for an interview after giving them my CV at an on-campus recruiting event. The interview, involving an engineering manager and a human resources person, was 30 % traditional interview questions, 20% hypotheticals (planning, etc.) and 50 % technical questions : C programming, boolean logic, electricity. Consider studying a bit if your major is not software/electrical.

Interview Questions

• Hypothetical : On a busy night shift, you load a working program onto a simulator and find that it doesn't run as it should. What do you do?   1 Answer

Avionics Specialist Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at CAE (Montreal, QC (Canada)).

Interview

Nice people, nice building in Montreal. I applied online, it took maybe two weeks for a external recruiter to call me (basicly re-iterating my resume). It took another two weeks for CAE to book an interview.

Recruitment Role Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at CAE (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)) in August 2016.

Interview

Was greeted by the HR Generalist and brought to the Interview Room, there I meet with 2 of the team. Asked questions on my roles within the last few companies I worked with and why i wanted to join CAE. Not asked any competency based questions on my experience and the process was very disjointed.

Waited over 4 weeks for an update on the interview outcome and am still waiting for an update at time of writing this...no email or phone call to advise of an update. Very poor process and not impressed.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for CAE?   1 Answer