CAE Interview Questions | Glassdoor

CAE Interview Questions

Updated May 18, 2017

2.7

Systems Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at CAE in May 2017.

Interview

I had the setup done via a recruiting company. I got the job interview on site. The company was located in St Laurent. The company is big and has an entrance for a different department. Unfortunately, I did not find the interviewers friendly.

Interview Questions

• logic gate diagram with and, or gates provided. with two different microcontroller programming language. I had to match right program with the diagram.   1 Answer
    • programming question that includes a pointers. you have to know the output of the program.   1 Answer
    • theory question: "what is inheritance"?   Answer Question

Software Integration Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at CAE (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in March 2016.

Interview

Applied through career fair at school. Got an interview a month later. 30 min technical test covering various topics followed by an hour of behavioural and technical questions regarding the test taken. I was interviewed by three people that took turns at asking questions, two technical and one HR. Interview was both in English and French.

Interview Questions

• How do you design a simulator?   1 Answer

Avionics Systems Integrator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at CAE.

Interview

First the Human Resources person asks about 4-5 questions regarding soft skills. Pretty easy questions to answer , then 2 managers enter the room and ask about 8 - 10 technical questions, finally, they do a c++ test. The C++ Test was kind of difficult.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if there is a conflict of interest between you and your manager   Answer Question

Simulator Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at CAE (Bengaluru (India)) in October 2011.

Interview

There will be 2 people interviewing. Hiring Manager and HR. Good Process and In depth Interview.
    Technical Interview decides weather you are hired or not.
    You can negotiate salary but they will not agree. Hiring Manager has a say in the salary offered.
    Overall the interview is driven by the previous answers. They do not have any specific requirement on experience on Simulator . But they clearly pose a lot of questions on how can you learn and how quickly you can learn

Interview Questions

• Tell Me about Your self
      Tell me about your experience with maintenance
      Answer Question

Negotiation

Not considered.

Systems Software Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at CAE (Montreal, QC (Canada)).

Interview

3 Rounds. 1 at Uni, 2 Technical [C/C++ Questions], experience if any, 3rd HR, brain twisting management questions..

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at CAE in August 2010.

Interview

I had a phone interview with HR depertment person in CAE with coop postion for engineering (simulator)

What do you enjoy most about working here?

"Why are you the best person for this job?"

"Have you ever had to discipline a problem employee? If so, how did you handle it?"

"What is the toughest problem you've had to face, and how did you overcome it?"
    What do you feel has been your greatest work-related accomplishment?"

Systems Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at CAE (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in March 2017.

Interview

I had a very nice interview with two engineers.First, they asked me about my past working experiences and my education. Then they described the working environment at CAE. After this, they asked me several typical job interview questions and gave me three small exercises to solve. The exercises were not very hard and my interviewers were helpful. I guess they just wanted to see how I react when facing a problem.

Integration Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CAE (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in April 2017.

Interview

The interview was 1 on 1. There are 3 main steps in the interview,
    First, they ask you about yourself, then situational questions and then technical.
    The interview takes about 1h, prepare for some hard questions. There isn't necessary a good answer, but this shows the way you deal with the challenges. Overall it's pretty straight forward.

Aircraft Systems Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CAE (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in April 2017.

Interview

The interview was with two engineers, they start off by reading the CV ask a couple of questions about the experience and skills. they will ask technical questions and situational questions.
    they want to see your thinking process in difficult situations.

Interview Questions

• they asked a situation question about a boss who asked you to do something that you thought was wrong. How would you deal with it ?

another question was with pointers and a c++ code.
      Answer Question

Software Systems Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CAE (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in February 2017.

Interview

I Received a call, and I given an appointment at the office in montreal. A normal interview took place with a board including hiring officers as well as engineers who were in charge of asking the technical questions. They asked both questions that pertain to your personality as well as technical questions

Interview Questions

• General questions, questions regarding any significantly bad grade on transcript and technical questions   Answer Question