CAE Interview Questions | Glassdoor

CAE Interview Questions

Updated Oct 11, 2017

2.7

Project Manager Interview

Interview

This was an internal transfer, with the group leader of the position, one of his current employees and a human resources employee in attendance. The discussion involved review of my past experience, reasoning for my applying for the new position and stating my case to prove that I had the required knowedge and experience.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a difficult work situation you found yourself in and what you did to overcome it.   Answer Question

Electrical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at CAE (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in May 2016.

Interview

The process took 2 days. interviewed the hiring manager at the cafeteria. He asked me about previous job and why I quit. Explained the job responsiblilities. He asked a senior member of his team to go over my resume and interview me. they were imperessed by my knowledge and experience.

Interview Questions

• Asked about my resume. Got to know what is on your resume!!   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at CAE in February 2012.

Interview

Basic questions - conflict resolution. Easy interview.

Flight Instructor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at CAE (Tampa, FL) in February 2012.

Interview

Done on Skype very professional

Interview Questions

Negotiation

NONE

Systems Software Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at CAE (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in May 2012.

Interview

Very easy. Some brain storming questions. Simple C++ test
    Some QA to get to know you...etc
    They make you wait in the lobby for like 20 minutes then walk you into the HR section and tell you to wait for interviewer (i thought thats what i was doing)
    Then you wait another 20 minutes, finally they come interview you

Interview Questions

• Gave me 30 minutes to complete a C++ test   1 Answer

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at CAE (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in November 2012.

Interview

The hiring process was nothing special - in fact it was very low key. i was able to meet multiple prospective co-workers, guided on a physical visit at the main HQ plant, provided a few demonstrations of the technology and provided a comprehensive packet on all company benefits.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer

Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at CAE in February 2010.

Interview

HR girl called to book the interview with the HR manager and the Manager of the departement. Initially it was schedule 2 weeks a head, then she called back saying that it was urgent and the interview need it to be schedule sooner. The interview went well, at the end HR mgr advice me that I might be over qualitfy for the position. He gave me the next steps for the following weeks, 2 weeks after I called back and he told me that they were deciding within the following week. They told me that they were going to call back regardless of the outcome... they never did.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at CAE in February 2010.

Interview

I applied online but never got a reply and heard that one of my colleagues got a job. A few months went by when I learnt that that colleage did not continue with the job (he accepted the offer but only worked for one week then left) I rang the company and got the interview arranged in the next week.
    The interview was with a panle of three people and the HR girl: the Simulation Software Manager, a Software Manager and a system architect. The interview was not hard as they were desperate to find people with an Austelain Defense Secret clearance - which I have - after my colleage left the company after only there for one week.
    Basic questions were why I want to work there, what do I know about CAE, what I have been doing, why do I leave my current employer.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about CAE and why do you want to work for CAE ?   Answer Question
    • What have you been doing and why are you thinking of leaving your current employer ?   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. The HR girl rang me up and said with this position we can only offer that much of money and if you agree then we'll proceed with the interview. It was difficult to find work at the time so I agreed with what on offer.

3D Artist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at CAE (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in May 2010.

Interview

Was pinged by company to switch to them as they were forming a new team. We had 2 informal meetings with project lead whom I knew and the 2 project "owners". HR took over beyond that and we had one meeting followed by back and forth offers and counter offers. People are friendly but HR felt cold and wanting to play hardball. Offices in Montreal (mothership) are dreadful compared to the ones in St-Laurent.

Interview Questions

• Why you over that new graduate willing to work for 25K/y?   1 Answer

Would've been a pay cut to where I was at. Counter-offered, which was accepted after a 3 month probation period.

Analyst Programmer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at CAE (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in September 2012.

Interview

I had a previous chat with the HR person over the phone, after which I got an interview with them. They explained to me the job I would work on and what was required. Overall it wasn't really though and was mostly relaxed talk about the company and what they needed me to do.