CAE Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 18, 2017

2.0

2 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Budapest (Hungary)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at CAE (Budapest (Hungary)).

Interview

The interview was set up via recruiter. The interviewer was 20 minute late and did not seem to care at all. There was only one interviewer Who could not or did not want to answer any of my questions, and seemed to be annoyed having to do the interview. He pushed a piece of paper on the table and without any instruction he went for a smoke. After that I just thanked him for the opportunity and left, maybe just bad luck but I think i dodged a bullet. The overall impression was very bad in that short period of time, the few people I talked to seemed full of themselves, and showed zero care which made me just want to leave ASAP. The test itself was relatively easy, although it contained mostly C++ and functional programming questions, while I applied for .net c# and javascript position.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for CAE

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at CAE in February 2010.

Interview

I applied online but never got a reply and heard that one of my colleagues got a job. A few months went by when I learnt that that colleage did not continue with the job (he accepted the offer but only worked for one week then left) I rang the company and got the interview arranged in the next week.
    The interview was with a panle of three people and the HR girl: the Simulation Software Manager, a Software Manager and a system architect. The interview was not hard as they were desperate to find people with an Austelain Defense Secret clearance - which I have - after my colleage left the company after only there for one week.
    Basic questions were why I want to work there, what do I know about CAE, what I have been doing, why do I leave my current employer.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about CAE and why do you want to work for CAE ?   Answer Question
    • What have you been doing and why are you thinking of leaving your current employer ?   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. The HR girl rang me up and said with this position we can only offer that much of money and if you agree then we'll proceed with the interview. It was difficult to find work at the time so I agreed with what on offer.