CAE Systems Software Specialist Interview Questions | Glassdoor

CAE Systems Software Specialist Interview Questions

2.6

5 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Software Systems Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CAE (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in February 2017.

Interview

I Received a call, and I given an appointment at the office in montreal. A normal interview took place with a board including hiring officers as well as engineers who were in charge of asking the technical questions. They asked both questions that pertain to your personality as well as technical questions

Interview Questions

• General questions, questions regarding any significantly bad grade on transcript and technical questions   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for CAE

Systems Software Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at CAE.

Interview

Got a call from the HR person and asked me some basic questions about current employment,availabilites and expectations. After that, we set up a date for an interview with a hiring manager. The interview was fully bilingual 50% French, 50% English.
    2 managers interviewed me. They asked me the usual questions (tell me about yourself, describe what you did in your previous internships, what makes you the best candidate, etc...) and then some situatutional questions: eg. What would you do if you couldn't complete a project on time and the client was coming the morning after?
    After that, they gave me some problems on paper to solve. Nothing too difficult if you are qualified. Logic diagrams, control system diagrams, finding the mistakes in a code.

Interview Questions

• Nothing really difficult. They put some pressure on you to see how you react while doing the technical problems.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at CAE (Montreal, QC (Canada)).

Interview

I met first with the HR person and, after that, the Group Leader who finally hired me. I submitted my CV through my university's career centre since I just got my bachelor degree in Computer Engineering. I got the usual HR questions, nothing very difficult here. At the technical interview, nothing very difficult, since, at that time, CAE was using the same technology I was using at university.

Interview Questions

• Questioning my worst grade in my transcript.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at CAE (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in May 2012.

Interview

Very easy. Some brain storming questions. Simple C++ test
    Some QA to get to know you...etc
    They make you wait in the lobby for like 20 minutes then walk you into the HR section and tell you to wait for interviewer (i thought thats what i was doing)
    Then you wait another 20 minutes, finally they come interview you

Interview Questions

• Gave me 30 minutes to complete a C++ test   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at CAE (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in July 2010.

Interview

First round over the phone, second round face to face with HR and Group Leader for technical interview.

Interview Questions

• What is your expected compensation?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Able to negotiate some terms (vacations, base salary), however only have 1 day to accept the offer ( take it or leave it)