CAL State LA Interview Questions in Los Angeles, CA | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 5, 2017

2.7

ECE GA Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at CAL State LA (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

The process was with my adviser, so the interview was very casual since we were acquainted. Workload was also flexible and accommodating, but limited to only 20 hrs a week

Graduate Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at CAL State LA (Los Angeles, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

Announcement was done in introduction ceremony. Then applied to staff support center along with 3 copies of recommendation. Called for an interview by respective professors. After completing interview. They submitted their review to panel and sent an appointment letter

Interview Questions

• Have you checked assignments and graded exam papers previously?   1 Answer

Network Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at CAL State LA (Los Angeles, CA) in June 2016.

Interview

it was an interview for an entry level network engg position. the requiremnts for the interview is damn to high for an entry level they except you to have a ccna and ccnp. at beginning it was about rip , ospf and acl and after that it was in to switches 9k , 7k.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CAL State LA (Los Angeles, CA) in May 2016.

Interview

They had a list of questions and took turn to ask. They didn't take any notes. They were 20 mins late. Overall interview was short and did not ask extra questions.

Administrative Support Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in East Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at CAL State LA (East Los Angeles, CA) in December 2015.

Interview

Three people process including the people I would work for.
    A 30 minute test on abilities
    I was shown where I would work. Open area no privacy, no cubicles.
    They asked a lot about if I knew how to keep secrets.

Interview Questions

• Did I lock my computer screen   1 Answer

Assistant Professor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at CAL State LA (Los Angeles, CA) in November 2015.

Interview

2-day visit, 30min one-one-one meetings all day, lunch with students, attended a student poster session. Meet with lab managers. Had the chance to interacts with a wide variety of faculty and students. Then dinner with faculty. Gave a talk, meet the Dean. All in a all a great experience. Good place for learning and science. Everybody was professional, explained the tenure process, promotions, teaching and research load.

Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CAL State LA (Los Angeles, CA) in May 2013.

Interview

Interviewer was very laid back but still formal. He asked how I would apply my academic background to the position. He mostly talked about the position and its challenges: supervising staff and temporary office.

Student Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CAL State LA (Los Angeles, CA) in February 2013.

Interview

talk about what you will be doing and if you can do it. I checked in and took a seat to wait. the assistant took me to bosses office and assistant sat down with me. she looked briefly at my resume and asked me a few questions.

Student Services Professional III Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at CAL State LA (Los Angeles, CA) in December 2012.

Interview

Upside: They accommodated a Skype interview. Downside: The entire process, from the time I applied online, until I received an offer, was about six months; appallingly, it took almost three months for them to offer me the job after the interview. It was so long, I assumed I was out of the running. I took the job, but the long, complicated hiring process foreshadowed the wonky, labyrinthine bureaucracy that is Cal State LA.

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with faculty?   1 Answer

Student Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CAL State LA (Los Angeles, CA) in May 2012.

Interview

Simple, I applied with an application. I got a call a few days later for an interview. A week later my interviewer/ new supervisor called to say I got the job!

Interview Questions

• What are some of your strengths and weaknesses? Can you handle mundane task?   Answer Question