CARFAX Data Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.0

2 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, MO

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at CARFAX (Columbia, MO) in June 2016.

Interview

i was interviewed for data analyst and also for software developer.First selected via Hacker Rank and then phone screening, where i received a response that technical panel was impressed.Later they called for in-person interview for two days.The process was smooth, not much technical, some situational questions like 5 term goals.There are 3 to 4 rounds on each day, Pair Programming was part of it,all red and green tests were passed.i felt positive about the interview and thought would be selected.

But i received the response from the recruiter that they are looking for more experience in scripting.
It was like waste of my two days.They could have checked properly and called for the interview.

Interview Questions

• 5 term goal
    what is agile development
    inner join,outer join   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for CARFAX

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Centreville, VA

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at CARFAX (Centreville, VA) in January 2011.

Interview

Initial interview is done over the phone with someone from HR. It's normally pretty short and semi informal. I would worry more about winning them over with charm vs. technical skills. The next meeting is normally a panel interview with every manager within your potential department. Do not be surprised that you're the only professionally dressed person. My interviewers were wearing cargo shorts and tanktops. This interview lasted about 45 mins. We talked about skills and how would you handle this situation type questions. Brush up on the applied job description. They based a ton of their questions on the skills mentioned:
    Knowledge and use of excel, access, SPSS, pivots, etc...
    Preference of work environment; group or individual. (you should answer with group. We have a ton of meetings. At least 10 per week)

The 2nd interview was conducted with 4 other analyst. They had more technical questions and really dug into my knowledge of analysis tools. No one really came with a list of questions. They seem to bounce questions off my interview answers.

Within days, I was given an offer letter. This entire hiring process seem to take less than a full week. Here is some advice:
    Let your personality shine. Carfax is a small company where everyone knows everyone's name. If you lack the skills they are willing to train you. But they would ne'er hire someone who didnt fit into the circle.
    Be enthusiastic and happy. They are looking for people who will love to come to work. Not people who are only coming to work for a paycheck.
    Be prepared to answer the "why do you want to work here" question. I would suggest complimenting the company on it's success. They are extremely proud to be rated top 100 company to work for 3 years in a row.

Negotiation

I was only able to negotiate about $3k more than original offer. I believe most jobs are capped and even if they loved you, they can only give you a certain amount.