CAST Management Consultants Interview Questions | Glassdoor

CAST Management Consultants Interview Questions

2.8

Interviews for Top Jobs at CAST Management Consultants

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at CAST Management Consultants.

Interview

You have to submit your resume through your university. If accepted, you'll be invited for on-campus interviews. If you pass the on-campus interview, they'll invite you to a final round in the office.

Interview Questions

• Be prepared for a case interview during your on-campus interviews as well as when you're called back for the final round. They also ask behavioral questions. They care quite a bit about fit and if your values don't align with the firms, it will be tough to proceed.   Answer Question

Associate Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at CAST Management Consultants in September 2016.

Interview

Sent in my resume and cover letter via our campus portal and was invited for an on-campus interview within a few days. The interview was led by one person, who was pretty friendly and relatively informal. He conducted both the behavioral and the mini-case study part of the interview.

The behavioral part was just going through your resume, asking a bit more about specific positions and experiences. The case study was split into two parts: one that was more mathematical and one that was more strategic. Part one tested how quick and correct your math and intuition were on the fly and the second part focused on a hypothetical situation for a made up company and the possible strategies they were looking at.They really just wanted to know your thought process in all of it.

I thought it had gone well considering the positive feedback during the interview but was contacted a week later ( few days later than what they had said) that I had not made it to the second round.

Summer Interview

Application

Interview

1st round interview consisted of basic background check and information regarding the resume that I've submitted. I was able to apply for the position through the campus recruiting portal. The interview was scheduled via email and was a 15-20 minute phone conversation. Nothing specially difficult, no case study questions were mentioned during the 1st round of the interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a course you've taken that you really enjoyed.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CAST Management Consultants (Los Angeles, CA) in November 2015.

Interview

Very interesting and diverse interview process. I had 5 different kinds of interviews.

(1) Behavioral/situational Interview - you are given different situations, and you have to tell them what you're gonna do per situation.
    (2) Presentation Interview - you basically present a report or project that you have done in class. You are then asked some questions about it.
    (3) Group Case Interview - you and the other interviewees from the same school are given a certain case problem. You are assigned a role in a company, and you need to brainstorm to solve the case.
    (4) Writing - you are given a data to analyze, and then you need to write a report or summary about it.
    (5) Individual Case - you are given a case problem, then you are given a certain amount of time to solve that case.

Interview Questions

• You are assigned to an existing project and team. You don't have as much background about the project. What do you do to obtain the information you need?   1 Answer

Associate Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at CAST Management Consultants.

Interview

I had applied through a college. I heard back within a few days for a 1 on 1 interview. Interviewer was very friendly. Interview included a case and some behavioural questions. Prepare for typical questions like why consulting, why cast, walk me thru your resume, etc

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at CAST Management Consultants (Los Angeles, CA) in November 2014.

Interview

I first learned about the firm when they came to an on campus recruiting night and I applied through my university career website. Started with a resume screen and about a week later I had an on-campus interview. First interview was pretty basic, 45 minutes with a manger. About 10 minutes talking about why I was interested in consulting and why my background (in organizational psychology) would be useful at a consulting firm. It was mostly conversational, just sharing info about my time in school and the path that led me to apply for consulting. The next 30 minutes were taken up with a case. The interviewer walked me through different components of the case, starting general and asking how I would go about gathering information to make recommendations, and getting more specific as more information was introduced, and eventually asking me to do some calculations based on market-share forecasts. The case was tricky for me because I don't have too much business acumen/experience doing case interviews, but I think they're more interested in the thought processes that go into formulating a response, rather than explicit accuracy or getting the correct answer. I was able to explain clearly what I would do and the case was conversational throughout.

I didn't hear anything for 3 weeks so I assumed they passed me over, but then I got a call that I was being invited to a final round interview in a couple weeks. I was also invited to a social hour to get a chance to know the other recruits and some other employees. The social hour was great and it was really nice getting a chance to talk to everyone more informally.

Finally was the "Super Day" final round interview. It consisted of 5 interview parts: a writing sample, group case, quantitative case, situational interview, and behavioral interview/resume walk-through. There was also a presentation by the partners to talk about why CAST is great, and they took us all out to lunch. Overall I felt that I did well, but I couldn't exactly tell what specific competencies or traits they were looking for. Despite it being a long and tiring day, it was generally enjoyable and a good experience getting to chat with other employees more and get to know the other recruits. Everyone at CAST really seems to enjoy working there, and it sounded like great environment in which to start a career. Unfortunately, a week after the final round I was notified that they were not going to give me an offer. I think perhaps I just didn't manage to stand out enough against other, more outgoing, recruits. They look for specific individuals that are "thick skinned" and assertive, and they really hope that everyone they hire with stay with CAST for the foreseeable future. They recruit a wide variety of degrees/backgrounds so the employees aren't all just business/finance/accounting backgrounds, but come from other areas of study like English, engineering, neuroscience, and psychology. They're focused on discovering how you think and how you will perform in consulting, as a team and in front of clients, and they know they can teach more specific consulting skills on the job.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you and a partner were presenting recommendations/results to a client, and you realize the partner has made an error in the calculations?   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at CAST Management Consultants in October 2014.

Interview

I applied through my university. I was then contracted for a first round interview on campus. The interviewer was nice, she was a third year analyst right out of school. She asked me to walk her through my resume, and a few short case questions after.

Interview Questions

• A ski company is having difficulty because rentals are often being returned late. What factors do you think contribute to this, and how would you solve this problem. How many rentals does this company rent out a year?   Answer Question

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at CAST Management Consultants (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

Two interviews and a super-day in the office in LA. First two interviews were phone screens by junior level associates. Mainly consisted of "tell me about a time when...." type questions. The final round was a super day consisting of three interviews. Two behavioral interviews with EVP/Partners and a third with a junior level employee. The interview with the junior level employee consisted of looking at a printed version of a pitch deck, making recommendations/corrections, and walking through those edits with the junior level employee. No traditional case questions.

Interview Questions

• Take a look at this deck and make any edits or corrections you'd like to. I'll be back in a half hour.   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CAST Management Consultants.

Interview

Resume drop, Cover letter for campus recruiting. on campus interview (1/2 case;1/2 behavioral)

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at CAST Management Consultants (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

two round interviews