CAT Financial Accounting Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1 Interview Review

5.0

Accounting Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at CAT Financial (Nashville, TN) in June 2014.

Interview

Interview was scheduled from 7:45 to 2:30. First I was asked to present my resume to a panel of managers. Then I had 3 one-hour interviews with the Hiring Manager, the Controller, and another financial manager. Lunch was in between those interviews. Finally. A 30 minute mtg with HR to review benefits and sign a consent for background check.

The interviews were all behavioral-type questions, so it was difficult to fully explain my skills and what I have to offer. They were more concerned with "how did you handle a problem where you didn't have the time to do a good job" versus "can you manage a team of 6?" or "can you consolidate multiple international financial statements?" etc.

Each of the 3 interviewers asked basically the same questions.

In my opinion, behavioral interviews will not identify who is the best candidate for all jobs. (Accounting candidates are often introverted and uncomfortable with these types of questions!)

Everyone was super nice and friendly. This is a great company, so I was disappointed to not get an offer. I was not expecting much up front, but after you see the building and offices and all the amenities & great people, you see what a great place this would be to work.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you worked on a team and there was a problem and how did you handle it.   Answer Question
  • Describe a time when you didn't have adequate time or resources in order to complete a task.   Answer Question