CAT Financial Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 11, 2016

3.7

Accounting Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at CAT Financial (Nashville, TN) in June 2014.

Interview

Interview was scheduled from 7:45 to 2:30. First I was asked to present my resume to a panel of managers. Then I had 3 one-hour interviews with the Hiring Manager, the Controller, and another financial manager. Lunch was in between those interviews. Finally. A 30 minute mtg with HR to review benefits and sign a consent for background check.

The interviews were all behavioral-type questions, so it was difficult to fully explain my skills and what I have to offer. They were more concerned with "how did you handle a problem where you didn't have the time to do a good job" versus "can you manage a team of 6?" or "can you consolidate multiple international financial statements?" etc.

Each of the 3 interviewers asked basically the same questions.

In my opinion, behavioral interviews will not identify who is the best candidate for all jobs. (Accounting candidates are often introverted and uncomfortable with these types of questions!)

Everyone was super nice and friendly. This is a great company, so I was disappointed to not get an offer. I was not expecting much up front, but after you see the building and offices and all the amenities & great people, you see what a great place this would be to work.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you worked on a team and there was a problem and how did you handle it.   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when you didn't have adequate time or resources in order to complete a task.   Answer Question

IT Analyst Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at CAT Financial.

Interview

Came to recruit at my school's career fair, and they offered me an interview after about a minute of talking to me when they saw my major and GPA (my GPA is nothing special). They seemed to be interviewing most everyone from the MIS major.

Interview Questions

• What was a situation in which you worked in a group and someone within it disagreed with one of your propositions and how did you handle it?   1 Answer

Insurance Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at CAT Financial (Nashville, TN) in January 2014.

Interview

I applied for the Insurance Internship through my university recruitment website, and received the chance for a video interview shortly after. The interview was pretty straightforward where I was asked numerous behavioral questions to see how I acted in certain situations, mainly group-oriented. Overall, the interviewers were really easy to talk to and the interview lasted about 45 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time when you didn't have all the resources you needed, but you had to make a decision anyways.   Answer Question

Finance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at CAT Financial (Memphis, TN) in January 2014.

Interview

Contacted by a recruiter from CAT and had a 30 minute phone call. Just reviewed the typical resume items and asked about what I was looking for in a career. Had to then submit an application on the website to continue. Face to face was with three individuals and went over the basic questions. Nothing to difficult but big on experiences.

IT Leadership Interview

Interview

I had my initial interview on campus. I was then told I would perform a second round phone interview. I completed two phone interviews and then received an invite to "Super Saturday". Overall, it was a learning experience. The super saturday program is primarily for the finance candidates and that is very evident from the beginning. I did not enjoy the separation between the IT and Finance depts. It made the situation a little uncomfortable because the IT candidates seemed to be outsiders.

Interview Questions

• They told us several times that there would be no technical questions, only situational and behavioral ones. However, during my first of 3 interview at their headquarters, I was asked to describe the SDLC and its steps.   Answer Question

Mid-Level Professional Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CAT Financial.

Interview

Received an interview invitation after applying online. No phone interview - just straight to a four hour interview on site. Met with HR and three managers from the department. Each asked behavior based questions - several were repeats. Each session began with a "tell me about your background" generic question and ended with a "capstone" question that they often gave you a little time to think about while they reviewed their notes from your interview. It was difficult to give different answers to the repeated questions - so I recommend that you create several answers to various scenario questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to make a decision between two options that a vendor brought to you. How did you make the decision and what did you say to the vendor.   Answer Question

Financial Analyst/Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at CAT Financial (Nashville, TN) in October 2011.

Interview

Met a representative at my college career fair. HR followed-up with me a couple days later to schedule an interview. I met with a senior sales manager who had spent 10+ years with the company. The interview consisted of a basic description of the company and the rotational program, and some background/behavioral questions (explain your resume, when have you convinced a peer to see your point of view, etc.). The job description specifically noted preference for multi-lingual applicants who had experience with and interest in foreign countries, however the manger described that the five-year position would take place entirely at the HQ in Nashville. My interest in relocating visibly seemed to put him off. Overall, the position seemed like a great way to learn the basics of lending and collection, but doesn't allow the individual to choose much direction. I received a very kind letter from the HR rep a couple days later saying that I would not be moving forward in the process and encouraging me to keep in touch should I decide to pursue another position with the company.

Risk Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CAT Financial (Nashville, TN) in August 2008.

Interview

Be prepared to answer the same questions several times with different interviewers. Most of the questions are designed to let the candidate describe a situation where he/she used certain skills the interviewers think are relevant. Overall everyone was kind. Be prepared to brag - the format of the interview is setup to facilitate this process and if you are not prepared it can be overwhelming. Would also recommend having several of your own questions. They are welcomed by the interviewers and do a great job of temporarily deflecting attention during the 3+ hours which can be a nice break.