CATSA Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at CATSA

2.7

Interviews for Top Jobs at CATSA

Advisor Interview

Interview

Interviewed with Manager and HR Analyst.
    Both were very welcoming and made me feel comfortable right way.
    Next day they asked for references
    Then 2 weeks later for security clearance papers
    HR analyst gave updates on the process, which was great
    Job offered 4 weeks after the interview

Student Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ottawa, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at CATSA (Ottawa, ON (Canada)).

Interview

It felt like it was a friends' get together. We actually had fun, no kidding. They wanted to see what the applicant were capable of and wanted to give a peel into what goes on in the office.

Interview Questions

• About the time you've taken up leadership roles or called the shots. It's always a plus to know about the company; they ask. They ask you the kind of tasks you like to do.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ottawa, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at CATSA (Ottawa, ON (Canada)) in April 2017.

Interview

Standard questions. Not sure how you are evaluated though, that is, what correct answers the interviewers were looking for. Not sure the interviewers were really competent or as smart they thought they looked. Interview process felt a bit fishy, as if they had already made up their mind before the interview started. Wouldn't be surprised if the job had being reserved for someone else already.

Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ottawa, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at CATSA (Ottawa, ON (Canada)) in May 2015.

Interview

Interview was with a member of HR, the manager of the group, and a member of the team.
    Questions were relevant to the position until near the end. Questions became like a bunch of "curve balls" not related to the position at all. I answered all of the questions and corrected them on a few where the answer they thought was correct was in fact not. I suspect the decision to hire came from the HR rep and not the others in attendance.

Interview Questions

• What do you do if you are asked to work with something you have very little knowledge of?   1 Answer

Screening Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CATSA (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in February 2015.

Interview

Easy - The initial interview was tough but after that it was easier. After the initial interview, it takes a while for them to call you back but eventually theyu will becuase they require a lot of man power to run the airport.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ottawa, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at CATSA (Ottawa, ON (Canada)) in September 2011.

Interview

You will be intereviewed by 3 people, hiring manager, another person the manager feels knows/understands the position and an HR person. The interview will last approx 1 hour, there is little chit chat, very serious, professional. You will offered a notepad and pencil, make sure you take notes when the questions are asked (sometimes they are 2 or 3 part). Don't be shy to ask for clarification or to have the question repeated. You can skip a question and go back to it, don't be shy to do that either. If the position is bilingual, you will be asked a question in French and need to answer in French.

Interview Questions

• Behavioural style, be prepared with examples of when you overcame a challenge, had conflicting priorities, dealt with a difficult person etc... Also learn about CATSA--what the acronym stands for, when it was founded, why, agency chain of command within government (all on website).

Also make sure you are prepared to speak to the position and your knowledge of what is required.

If you are applying internally, copy the hiring manager when you submit to HR--HR often incorrectly screens people out. If you are external and you know someone at CATSA ask that they send the hiring manager your application. HR does not do a good job a screening and recruting candidates.   1 Answer

Negotiation

An HR person negotiated with me over the phone, gave me time to consider the offer. Essentially each level has a salary band that is approx. 20K if you are offered over the midway point it has to go to VP approval. I opted to hit midway so I didn't cause a stink. I was hired as a term though I was offered a permanent position (without a competition--rare) within a few months. If you are being hired permanent right off the bat, go for what you think is fair wages.