CBC (Canadian Broadcasting Corporation) Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 16, 2017

3.3

Technology Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at CBC (Canadian Broadcasting Corporation) (New York, NY) in December 2009.

Interview

The interview process was fairly straight forward. I was called by a recruiter, my resume was sent and then I was told I was approved for a meeting. I met with a senior developer, who quized me on some technology and finance questions, which went relatively well. I met with two people in total, left and received an offer 2 weeks later.

Interview Questions

• What are the various types of risks associated with fixed income securities?   1 Answer

Unit Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CBC (Canadian Broadcasting Corporation) (Toronto, ON (Canada)).

Interview

I was surprised to have an interview with FOUR people, only two of whom I'd actually be working closely (the others were HR and someone in management). I was really really nervous and thought I had blown it, but the people I'd be working with were encouraging. The others were pretty straight-faced and by the book. A lot of questions like 'describe a time when..' I was very surprised when I got an offer!

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at CBC (Canadian Broadcasting Corporation).

Interview

I was contacted via email about a week after I applied. First, I had a phone pre-screen with Talent Acquisition. It was approximately 30 minutes in length. I was next invited to interview with the Direct Supervisor of the role. This was approximately a 1 hour, in-person meeting. A week later, I had a second interview with the Director and Executive Director of the department. These were two separate meetings, approximately 45 minutes in length. Everyone was incredibly friendly and welcoming at every step of the process. I was asked to provide references and complete a background check which was completed approximately 1 day later. I was presented with an offer a little over a month after I applied. EXCELLENT CANDIDATE EXPERIENCE!

Interview Questions

• Scenario: If you were faced with an underperforming manager with a disengaged team and constant grievances from the union, how would you handle it?   Answer Question

Senior Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CBC (Canadian Broadcasting Corporation) (Toronto, ON (Canada)).

Interview

Phone interview was 30 minutes long. The HR recruiter was very jokey so it was a bit hard to figure out how to take him. Met with the hiring manager and HR. My interview was 1 hour and 45 minutes. They each had a set of questions to ask me. The interview was relatively easy. The feel of the interview was quite relaxed. If internal candidates apply preferance is given to them due to the union. If they like you they will ask for references.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at CBC (Canadian Broadcasting Corporation) (Toronto, ON (Canada)).

Interview

Panel interview, with previous manager, HR, Supervising Mgr and a support department manager. I was the incumbent for the job, but had to go through interview process anyway. Was stressful even though I knew what the work of the job entailed.

Regional Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at CBC (Canadian Broadcasting Corporation) (Vancouver, BC (Canada)).

Interview

Submitted an online application upon employee referral, then a 45-min. phone screening, followed by an in-person boarding process with three other stakeholders including potential manager. It was a good, informative experience.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer

Production Cooordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at CBC (Canadian Broadcasting Corporation) (Toronto, ON (Canada)).

Interview

Alot of structure and formulaic; looking for the ideal candidate according to a detailed job description. There seemed to be alot of no risk thinking on the side of the employer. They want to cover ALL bases and then some. The job description written by HR was not what the job was in reality.

Interview Questions

• 1.What are your weaknesses?
      2.Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Remuneration was non-negotiable

Strategic Reporting Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CBC (Canadian Broadcasting Corporation) (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in April 2015.

Interview

The HR representative contacted me asking for preferred day/time for a phone interview. We agreed and she called me on time. She explained that I was selected with 5 others and this would be a first interview. Her questions covered technical background, previous positions, and general experience I have. The next part covered how I may help the company in this position. At the end she asked if I have questions about the position. She concluded by explaining that now they will select 3 candidates for in person interview. If I'm not contacted I will know that I was not selected. Fair enough.

Interview Questions

• The questions where simple and covered mostly technical previous experience.   Answer Question

Human Resources Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CBC (Canadian Broadcasting Corporation) (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in October 2014.

Interview

I was highly recommended by a former candidate to the higher manager. I completed a phone interview with a manager in Montreal and then an in-person interview with the Sr. Manager in Toronto along with 2 other recruiters.

Reporter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at CBC (Canadian Broadcasting Corporation) (Montreal, QC (Canada)).

Interview

apply online, then do the interview if you are called.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

there is no real negotiation except the start date

CBC (Canadian Broadcasting Corporation) Response

Mar 4, 2014 – Sr. Manager, Recruitment

Hi there, thank you for your review ! Although 4 weeks + is not bad, we prefer when the process goes a little bit faster.