CBC Companies Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 30, 2016

2.2

Mortgage Processor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Penn Pitt, PA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at CBC Companies (Penn Pitt, PA) in August 2016.

Interview

The interview process was desperate. It's obvious they have a high turnover and are just trying to get everyone through the door and through the training. They call whatever temp agency they use the same day and say the decision is between you and one other person and say if you come down on your initial asking of wage, you'll probably get it. I was desperate at the time and came down a couple cents. I was dumb, there was no other person. They just try and get you to accept the offer as low as possible. It's a joke.

Interview Questions

• How have you dealt with an upset customer   1 Answer

IT Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at CBC Companies (Columbus, OH) in August 2015.

Interview

one phone interview with the hiring manager, followed up with one in person Interview with hiring manager and one teammate. Decision after interview was quick. Had to provide information to perform a background check and credit check at the interview.

Interview Questions

• General Experience Questions   1 Answer

Processor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CBC Companies (Pittsburgh, PA).

Interview

I was asked generic interview questions with no surprises. It was one on one with a hiring manager. I got a tour around the office and constantly asked if I had any questions.

Interview Questions

• When was one time where you made a mistake? How did you fix it?   1 Answer

QA Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CBC Companies (Columbus, OH).

Interview

I discussed my education and personal background with the department manager. He listed off and briefly described the applications and services his department employees tested and supported. I returned for a group interview, apparently to help the manager see how I would interact with some of his employees. It didn't seem to matter to the manager, or the company, what my skillset was.

Interview Questions

• I was mainly asked about my personal and education background.   Answer Question

Sales Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at CBC Companies.

Interview

Easy interview,quick and easy they were looking to fill the position and i accepted and i started with in the next week, have been with the company for over 2 years now but

Negotiation

No negotiation

Mortgages Processor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at CBC Companies.

Interview

Was not asked any questions of substance. Asked to explain my resume, asked about working in an office. I knew I had the job before I even finished. You are given a tour of the whole building (shouldn't you do this when you get hired? Just a suggestion) I got a call with my acceptance on my drive home. It seemed like they were trying WAY too hard and we're desperate for people. I should have really taken note of that before I accepted.

Negotiation

There was none, however I was caught off guard with the call of acceptance as I was driving home. I think they do this to get you to accept fast.

Consumer Assistance Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at CBC Companies (Pittsburgh, PA) in December 2012.

Interview

15 minute interview with hiring manager and rec'd an offer an hour later. Questions were simple and straightforward. Did not meet any other members of the dept or team at the time of the interview. Not much else to report. It was not an involved process. They did not really expect much prior knowledge so there was very little to discuss with the manager.

Interview Questions

• Stock questions about customer service and critical thinking. Nothing difficult.   Answer Question

N/A Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at CBC Companies (Jacksonville, FL).

Interview

Got a phone call and scheduled an interview. The interview was a JOKE and consisted of a few normal interview questions like previous experience and the rest was personal chit chat. I knew when I left I would get a call and I did the next day. The only reason I accepted was I knew my company was going out of business.

Negotiation

They don't pay for crap so don't expect to get more money out of them. If you do, there is either different management or you got lucky. I know people that have worked here for several years and still aren't happy about pay.

Mortgage Processor Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at CBC Companies in June 2012.

Interview

Interviewer mostly talked about herself and did not ask questions. She told me all about her background and how she moved up in the company. It did not make a good impression on me as the interviewer was also a department head and seemed more interested in herself than finding a good fit for the position being offered. It was not a difficult interview at all but it left a bad taste in my mouth.

Interview Questions

• Did not really ask any questions. Interviewer described the job and said I was overqualified but that she was offering the position to me regardless.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation was possible -- one offer was presented with a take-it-or-leave-it attitude.

Customer Support Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Erie, PA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at CBC Companies (Erie, PA) in February 2012.

Interview

All work is hired through a temp agency. Interview is simple. It was clear the measuring stick for employment involved simple computer skills (like, being able to open up email, which, as it turned out, a couple of their current employees couldn't even do), and depending on the position, whether or not you liked being on a telephone daily. The description of the open positions did not make it clear, however, the differences in workload/expectations and future salaries. Ask questions if you actually want to work there.

Interview Questions

• Do you prefer email or phone contact.   1 Answer

Negotiation

None.