CBRE Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 1, 2017

2.5

12 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Analyst Interview

Interview

Mostly personality and skill fit questions to get a feel for how you would handle the position and work load that comes with it. There were less technical questions. Was interviewed by 2 people.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for CBRE

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at CBRE.

Interview

Had a great screening conversation with the hiring manager. The conversation was great, and I could tell that he enjoyed me asking a lot of questions. Followed up by email immediately following the interview, and went three weeks without hearing from him. After sending another follow up email he let me know they went with someone else. Wish the communication had been better.

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CBRE in May 2015.

Interview

I applied online. 2 weeks later, I received an email from HR. phone interview with HR. Just ask about my background and went through my resume. More like a background check.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself. The reason you quit your last job.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at CBRE (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

I saw an opening on Glassdoor and sent an application early in the week. I was contacted a few days later for a brief phone screen. The recruiter, who was the actual director needing the Analyst, contacted me. He was surprised that someone from an engineering background would apply for a position that normally saw applications from finance or econ degrees but really just wanted smart for the position. There was only one interview, which was a straightforward meeting with the director in the CBRE office in downtown LA. All questions were about prior experience a la what you have on your resume, previous projects that stood out (if applicable), special college degrees; simply be yourself and explain your background. The environment is much "smarter" than you would expect and what similar corporations should be taking after. There is liberal use of glass doors/walls and open spaces, a mix between a tech campus and traditional corporate building, and on the whole very inviting. I was not extended an offer, I think mostly because competition was tight and there just happened to be this one opening when the previous employee was promoted. Even so, the director called immediately to inform me of the news and thanked me for taking the time to come out to their office. Overall positive and a far cry from the black hole non-responses of other places.

Interview Questions

• We developed a software we are trying to implement that will provide more detailed data for each house or commercial property but it currently works in a different manner than our existing system. What kind of strategy would you use to implement it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at CBRE (Boston, MA) in May 2014.

Interview

They were nice and curious, walking through my resume and any questions I had. I met with two partners and with some of the team members. HR walked me through the final steps when I came in to accept the position. Meghan was very pleasant. When I accepted, I was told the salary. There was no negotiation to be done. It was a good salary and the bonuses were phenomenal, as well.

Analyst Interview

Interview

Very professional interview. Was impressed with the career opportunities available at such a large and diverse company. Interview was relaxed and offered great information about the job and the company. Questions were targeted and relevant. Ample opportunity given for me to ask questions. I was given a tour and introduced to other members of the team.

Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CBRE (Memphis, TN) in April 2011.

Interview

Phone interview first, then an in person interview with MS Office proficiency testing. The phone interview was with an HR representative. Based on the phone interview, HR forwarded my resume to the local office and set up an in-person interview. In-person interview was with 2 managers. One manager asked questions while another entered my responses into a computer database. The interviewer was friendly, but went through the list of questions without much comment.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you went above and beyond the job requirements.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at CBRE (New York, NY) in December 2010.

Interview

Had phone interview that was fairly standard, mostly behavioral questions (ie: how I handled an ethical dilemma, teamwork situations, etc.)

In person interview came by invitation a month later, the interviewer was distracted the entire time, had clearly only looked at my resume for 30 seconds, and just asked me why I wanted to work there. It was pretty unprofessional and bizarre

Analyst Interview

Interview

Referred by a current employee and interviewed by department head and another manager
    Ask about current market, your passion about the industry and some history-based questions
    I wasn't prepared well so the process didn't go well to me.
    Overall basic questions

Analyst Interview

Application

The process took 5 days. I interviewed at CBRE in February 2010.

Interview

Fit based interview.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Great!