CBRE Assistant Real Estate Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 22, 2017

2.8

8 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Assistant Real Estate Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CBRE.

Interview

I was contacted to chat with the Real Estate Manager over the phone and then invited to come in for an interview at the end of our phone call. I met with the Manager and GM for the in person interview, they were nice, relaxed and good at communicating what they were looking for.

Interview Questions

• They asked how I handle communicating with different people at different levels from tenants to contractors to CEO's.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for CBRE

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at CBRE (Houston, TX) in October 2016.

Interview

I found this position through LinkedIn. LinkedIn redirected me to the company website, where I submitted my resume, cover letter, and on-line application form. After 4 weeks, I was contacted by a representative from CBRE (the hiring department, not HR) to schedule an interview. I was interviewed by Supervisors within the department, and was later invited for a second interview by another Supervisor in the department. The hiring decision was made about 2 weeks after the interviews. Altogether, the process took 2 months, with a start date at 3 months.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about one situation where you completely failed, and how did you respond.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CBRE (Chicago, IL).

Interview

I was contacted directly by the Real Estate Manager for the building I was interviewing for. We set an interview for that Friday and met at the building I'd be working with. She was very kind and was interested in what I had to say. I heard back about 10 days post interview.

Assistant Real Estate Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at CBRE in December 2014.

Interview

Interview process seemed simple at first, but I got a surprise when I showed up to the Interview. The manager didn't bother to interview me and sent in 2 young girls with no experience. They were snotty and asked stupid questions. They didn't even ask me about my prior experience as a former CBRE employee. I was more qualified than they were as far as education and experience but they treated me as if I was an idiot. I was not impressed with this branch of CBRE using "children" to conduct the interviews. I also got a bad vibe from the rest of the people in that office when I walked in. I wouldn't accept a job offer there if they paid me a million dollars. This was a property mgmt. office branch in Denver, CO. I left the interview in shock at the way I was treated. I hope CBRE one day realizes that they are missing out on hiring people with education, experience and great potential because they have caddy bimbos conducting interviews.

Interview Questions

• Do you like a quiet office or a noisy one??? Really, this was the most stupid question!   Answer Question

Only work here if you can't find anything else.

Assistant Real Estate Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CBRE.

Interview

Interview process was fairly detailed. First meeting was with the director, for the region. Second interview was with immediate supervising manager. Both interviews were well conducted, and I felt well received. Atmosphere in the office was very professional and the receiving staff was courteous. Each interview was about 35 minutes long. The questions in both interviews were very standard. I had to explain difficult situations and how I resolved them, my knowledge of computer systems and my proficiency with certain programs. After the job was offered, I was put through a rigorous background check, including criminal, financial, consumer.

Interview Questions

• A standard question in both interview was "describe a difficult situation, where you had limited time to resolve it, and how you resolved it; including the satisfaction of everyone involved." This is a very tailored question, so it is something that is worth your time to figure out, prior to the interview.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at CBRE (Houston, TX) in May 2014.

Interview

Phone interview from recruiter, in person interview with supervisor, second interview with team members, formal offer about 3 weeks later. Drug test, background check, etc. The interviews were pretty informal, more of an introduction and standard career questions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Northridge, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at CBRE (Northridge, CA) in May 2013.

Interview

I am only temp. There wasn't an interview process

Interview Questions

• They didn't ask me any questions. I was recommended for this position from another temp position that I was doing at another building for CBRE.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at CBRE (Philadelphia, PA) in June 2012.

Interview

One interview with hiring manager who would end up being my direct report. Great facilities, they told me exactly what I was in for. Interview questions were more of a fit than technical type of questioning. Not too bad, however they told me they interviewed 20+ for the position. I would recomend this company to anyone looking to have a great name on their resume, however it is not somewhere I saw myself making an entire career.