CBRE Associate Accountant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

CBRE Associate Accountant Interview Questions

3.3

9 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at CBRE (Dallas, TX) in July 2016.

Interview

Before being interviewed, you are required to take an accounting test. If you pass the test, you then interview with the hiring manager. The first round of interviews consisted of the accounting test, the hiring manager, and 3 current accountants/managers. They then bring you back for a second round where they discuss the position further and you meet with 4 more accountants/managers. There was a total of 6 separate interviews split between 8 staff accountants/managers.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever dealt with difficult person and how did you handle the situation?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for CBRE

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CBRE (Phoenix, AZ) in April 2016.

Interview

The interview experience was very positive. The interviewers were very friendly and they made you very comfortable during the whole process. They mainly asked behavioral questions, such as tell me a situation when..., I think these questions were very common interview questions for a entry level accountant position. They also asked some general accounting questions which were also very easy. I didn't get the offer, I guess they prefer people with more experience.

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with deadline?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Bloomington, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at CBRE (Bloomington, MN) in July 2015.

Interview

During the phone interview, the recruiter talked me into upgrading me to Associate Accountant instead of the job I applied for - Accounting Coordinator. I accepted her idea since it was more money and she thought I was over qualified for the Accounting Coord. position.
    Nearly a month later, the same recruiter set me up with an onsite interview in mid-July with two Accounting Managers who later I found that they were not going to be my supervisors.

Interview Questions

• Describe the difference between cash basis and accrual basis accounting.   2 Answers

Negotiation

There was no negotiation.

Anonymous Employee in Scottsdale, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at CBRE (Scottsdale, AZ) in May 2015.

Interview

They use the STAR interview method, so make sure your responses are structured correctly.Try to be concise as well.

I found the interview to be pretty casual. I was interviewed by two of the managers and they made me feel very comfortable during the interview.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a time where you and a fellow employee had a disagreement.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Bloomington, MN

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at CBRE (Bloomington, MN) in February 2015.

Interview

Attend the job fair and went to office interview. The process was straightforward and get to meet with a manager and an assistant controller. After a couple of weeks, heard from the HR recruiter about the offer and waited 2 weeks to get the formal offer letter with background check information.

Interview Questions

• Behavior question: how do you work on deadline?   1 Answer

Accounting Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at CBRE (San Diego, CA) in July 2011.

Interview

I got called in for an interview with a manager. I was asked about my experience in accounting, when in reality the job deals more with paperwork for leases. It also involves calls from the brokers for updates. There's also a math skills test and an actual hands-on file on a lease for verification. I was the third highest candidate, so I got called immediately for a second interview with my prospective trainer. The first highest candidate was ruled out. I got an email a week later stating that I was not chosen. I sent the manager a thank you letter.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at CBRE (Phoenix, AZ) in March 2011.

Interview

I met CBRE at a college fair. They asked for my resume and then called me about a week later. I did not do any follow up with them after I gave them my resume, they contacted me first.

I talked with a manager and she asked me a few typical questions that had nothing to do with accounting. She set up my interview.

I had one interview with them in which I was interviewed by two accounting managers. They were very nice and personable people. They asked me a long list of questions and we had a great discussion about them.

I then had three tests I had to take, accounting, spelling, and excel. They were very easy. After this I waited about 3 weeks before they made me an offer. I still have not accepted or declined. They are only giving me 48 hours to make my decision.

Interview Questions

• Do you know how to do an Excel test.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at CBRE (Irving, TX) in May 2010.

Interview

Interviewed on the phone got a call a few days late for on site interview. Came in at 12 left at 4pm very long interview, Met with 2 assistant controllers back to back then met 2 Senior accountants that worked under the assistant controller. Then after that I took a series of test 4 were accounting one was spelling and one was an analytical test and also a Excel test. I did very well on the accounting test and analytical test but average on the excel test and horrible on the spelling test. after that whole process spoke with the assistant controller then left. A few days later got offer and accepted.

Interview Questions

• What are your organization skills?   Answer Question
    • They will ask you journal entry and accounting statement questions.   1 Answer

Negotiation

tried to but they stuck to the original offer.

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at CBRE (Phoenix, AZ) in June 2008.

Interview

It was much too lengthy and cumbersome for a simple associate accountant position, you'd think they're interviewing for an executive position. They tell you what the pay is going to be up front, take it or leave it. I shouldve left it.

Interview Questions

• The recruiter always asks: tell me what the difference is between cash and accrual accounting, but the interviewer has no knowledge of acounting so it's pointless getting into detail.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation ability in this down market. They tell you what youre going to make and you have to accept it if you want a job in this economy.