CBRE Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

CBRE Associate Interview Questions

Updated Oct 7, 2016

2.5

Associate Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at CBRE.

Interview

Intense. Multiple phone interviews, 5+ in person interviews and much needed persistence on my end. Need to show true dedication to not only CBRE but the Real Estate Industry as a whole through leveraging other interviews/offers in the industry. Interviewers have very busy schedule so need to be able to accommodate them throughout the process. Lengthy but thorough process that really drills down to who you are as a business man and how you will fit in with the company. Willingness to sacrifice for the great good of the company/yourself long term is key

Interview Questions

• Explain all details of resume. Where do you see yourself in the industry? why?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for CBRE

Anonymous Employee in Newport Beach, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CBRE (Newport Beach, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

Not technical at all--all about personality, fit, and long terms goals. They want to know that you plan on staying and will contribute to the culture as a team player. A lot of producers do stay at the firm for a long time (decades in many cases).

Interview Questions

• How did you get into commercial real estate?
      Why do you want to move to CBRE?
      Answer Question

Associate Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at CBRE in November 2014.

Interview

I worked with a talent acquisition agency. My first round by phone with an agency recruiter. We talked through my interest in the position and how it relates to my background. The second interview was in person at their offices. This interview delved deeper into my background and mainly focuses on my transferable skills. The third interview was over the phone with a CBRE recruiter. We discussed my background, interests and questions I had. I have been invited to a fourth round interview in person at the their offices.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in CBRE?   1 Answer

Associate Interview

Interview

Interview questions regarding personality/interest in the company.

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CBRE (Los Angeles, CA) in May 2012.

Interview

I talked to a person over the phone. They asked me basic questions about myself and what my ambitions were and where I was headed towards. It was a long call about an hour. Then I had two tests that I was subjected to.

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CBRE (San Francisco, CA) in February 2011.

Interview

I got through the first interview on campus grounds with a CBRE broker and another person from HR. If you got through, they will inform you about the second round of interview which is at the office site you'll be working at. Great working culture for those who loves aspects of sales/ marketing in real estate, or are entrepreneurial in nature. Always have the attitude of constant learning and challenging the status quo. CBRE employees take pride in what they do, and genuinely love doing what they do.

Interview Questions

• Can't remember them. But they're easy behavioral questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Have a good idea of what value you can offer to the company during the interview process. CBRE may not pay as much as competing companies, but once you're in, the company takes good care of you, work culture is great and there are opportunities to try out different departments.

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Delhi (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at CBRE (New Delhi (India)) in December 2015.

Interview

The process was in our college .It started with pre placement talk. First round was Group discussion on the topic ”privatization of healthcare sector”. They preferred people who speak less but have valid points. This was an elimination round. Second round was personal interview in which general HR questions were asked.

Interview Questions

• Basic HR questions introduce yourself,social work(since I worked with an NGO),internship,strength and weakness.I wasn't shortlisted for second round of PI   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at CBRE.

Interview

In all, 3 rounds of interview were conducted. First round was more of a shortlisting one. Second was slightly to know you well. After 2 rounds, offer was made by the HR. The compensation was just 10% increment on the existing salary. Even after negotiations, when the HR didnt move ahead, I thought to go ahead with CBRE as there are a lot of positive reviews about the company and its culture. After agreeing with the lesser compensation, gave the 3rd round with Regional head.

Was selected in all 3 rounds. Post this, got to know that a formal offer would be made. However, after waiting for 2 weeks (and rejecting other calls in the meanwhile), I was informed by the HR that the position has been filled in and they would not make me offer. It was a serious case of cheating!!

Guys, if you are really interested in this co., you are definitely not getting a good compensation and there are hardly anybody from a good/top tier B school. But if you ve made up your decision to join, plz beware of fraudulent HR practices. The consulting division may be fine but HR dept is pathetic! Unprofessional attitude is not expected from a co. which claims to be a Fortune 500 co.

Interview Questions

• Profile based questions, NPV calculations and other easy questions   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kolkata (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at CBRE (Kolkata (India)) in November 2015.

Interview

3 rounds of interview. 1. Departmental head 2. Branch head 3. national head. 1st is most difficult.The complexity decreases as you go for higher rounds. Interview duration is 15mins about each

Interview Questions

• HR questions mainly, some technical   1 Answer

Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at CBRE.

Interview

GD with out of the world topic like amir vs. salman, apple vs. samsung followed by final round where they asked questions like do you have a boyfriend? you want to marry him?