CBRE Financial Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

CBRE Financial Analyst Interview Questions

2.9

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newport Beach, CA

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at CBRE (Newport Beach, CA).

Interview

Phone interview with HR; phone interview with regional director; in-person interview with manager; in-person group interview with potential peers and finally a skills assessment test. Ideally they want you to take the skills assessment test at the same time you come in for the in-person interviews.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for CBRE

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at CBRE.

Interview

I was invited for an interview after applying online. It lasted about 30 minutes and consisted of questions regarding my resume. No behavioral or technical questions. I really enjoyed learning more about CBRE during the interview. However, one of the managers generally did not seem interested in the interview from the second he walked in the room.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at CBRE (Chicago, IL) in March 2016.

Interview

Spoke with HR on the phone first. Then spoke with hiring manager on the phone. Brought in for a face-to-face interview with team. Was asked to do a few basic Excel formulas (vlookups & Pivot tables). Overall, a very basic interview.

Interview Questions

• What specific roles did you play in the budgeting process?   Answer Question
    • Why are you interested in commercial real estate?   Answer Question
    • Explain how your past experiences with client service have made you the best candidate.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newport Beach, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at CBRE (Newport Beach, CA).

Interview

Resume and cover letter were passed along through a contact. Within a week there was a phone screening call. Two people from the analyst team talked to me for about 20 minutes to get an idea how well I'd for the position. At the end of the call they scheduled an in person interview.
    About a week later the team supervisor interviewed me. She asked quite a few questions and then invited her team of 6 in to interview me and give me an idea for what the job was like. After that discussion I took a two hour skills assessment. I didn't think it was difficult but I was later informed that I got one of the highest scores they've had on years.
    Following that test I was invited back for a second interview, speaking with everybody I had spoken to before plus a one on one interview with a former member of the team who had since been promoted.
    I later heard from a contact within the company that the team and supervisor liked me but they needed somebody pretty immediately and I was still about two months from getting my degree.

Interview Questions

CBRE Response

Apr 5, 2016 – Senior Corporate Recruiter

Thank you for your feedback. Please stay in touch with your interviewers for future opportunities. We sincerely appreciate your continued interest in CBRE!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CBRE (Chicago, IL) in October 2015.

Interview

Applied online. No response at all from company. Will update after follow up. I believe my salary floor may have been too high.

Interview Questions

• The application did not ask any questions. It took everything from the resume you upload. I'm not sure if they look at the resume itself. No space on the online app to describe collegiate volunteer experiences - clubs, organizations, etc.   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at CBRE.

Interview

The recruiter contacted me via email as a follow up for an application I placed directly online. After about a 15 minute interview she said that she would pass my resume on to the hiring manager. Then she disappeared. Never responded to my email follow ups. Evenutally I was able to get in contact with her after about a three week to month time period to find out that they gave someone an offer already. When I initially read the reviews for CBRE, I was hoping that the interview reviews were wrong..but they are 100% right. The recruiters never follow up with you and while you are constantly sitting and waiting while monitoring your emails and voice mails..for nothing.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at CBRE (Houston, TX) in June 2015.

Interview

HR called me that she felt my resume is good and when I was avaliable to be interviewed. And we made it next day. Two people interviewed me, the questions were not hard, and they were very nice to me. They asked me current salary and bonus as well.

Interview Questions

• what would you help your employee when you get higher level   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at CBRE (San Diego, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

The entire process was extremely respectful. I was not treated like a faceless candidate at any point during the interview process. Questions mostly focused on my previous experiences in my past role, and how they could be an asset to the new role. I was able to ask whatever questions I wanted, and the interviewers were perfectly transparent on the expected learning curve, hours worked, flexibility, etc.. Be warned: you will be asked to prove your knowledge of Excel.

Interview Questions

• I wasn't asked any of the boilerplate HR questions (e.g. what's your greatest weakness, why should we hire you first, etc.). All four interviews (phone screen, phone interview, in-person interview #1, in-person interview #2) focused on my future goals and my experience in my previous role. It seems that CBRE is built on organic growth, so personality, clarity of communication, and brainpower are all paramount, as opposed to your reaction to stress questions and "What can you offer to us that someone else cannot?", etc.. The entire process was enjoyable, and it became clear that the position was a near-perfect fit as the interview process progressed.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I negotiated the base salary successfully.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at CBRE (Chicago, IL) in May 2014.

Interview

I was initially called by the HR manager and then she told me about the position and asked me whether I am available next week for an 1:1 interview. I went and spoke with her and she told me about the position and asked me about my details and told whether I am available to learn to new softwares and techniques and I answered yes. She told me that she would call me for an team interview and I never heard from her again. I sent an follow-up mail and there was no reply from her. Its very unprofessional.

Financial Analyst Interview

Interview

The interview was easy. Research the company as they ask what you like about the company.