CBRE Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 20, 2017

2.7

178 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at CBRE.

Interview

It was an extensive Interview Process with 3 phone interviews and 3 in-person interviews. I was led to believe I had the position and would be contacted in the next day or two to finalize, but no call came. I followed up and was told they were sorry and that everyone was busy, but they would be back to me by the end of the week with next steps and again, no contact from the company. I followed up one more time with the HR contact, she thought they had hired me and was going to get back to me, but she never did. It was very disheartening as I had spent about 15hrs in interviews and no one had the courtesy to tell me they were not hiring me. Throughout the interview process, everything was positive, but their lack of finalizing anything and just letting me hang out there, really soured me on the company. Very unprofessional.

Analyst - Loan Services Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CBRE (Houston, TX).

Interview

The hiring process initially started with a phone call from someone within the department. After the phone screen, I was given an in person interview that went well. I enjoyed my time with the interviewers and presented them with well thought out questions and answers. I was told that I would be contacted by the next following week regarding the next steps in the process (meeting the hiring manager's boss). I followed up after the interview within the next 2 days with personalized and not over the top thank you letters to each of the 3 interviewers. I received no responses to those letters. After about 2 weeks, I received a Work Opportunity Tax Credit questionnaire. Although I am of minority group, I know that I am not a candidate that would make the company eligible to receive the credit. It gives me the feeling that I was only being pursued for this reason... I could be wrong. After 2 and a half weeks of not hearing back from the company regarding my status, I emailed the hiring manager following up on the status of the position and of my application. It has been another 2 weeks and I have yet to receive any communication. Considering the size and reputation of CBRE along with my strong interests into working there, I expected some sense of professionalism be granted to me. It was quite disheartening to see that no one cared enough to respond to my emails, inquiries and concerns. This really gives me a negative outlook on the hiring manager and his department. If I make it far enough into the process to meet people face to face, it would be nice to hear a simple "We regret to inform you that have not been selected..." After looking for a job for over a year, this was definitely not a helpful experience. I wish the best to the company and any future applicants.

HR Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at CBRE.

Interview

I was called for an screening after being referred internally however, they called so far down the line from when I applied that after a full screening the recruiter states the position was already filled. Then says that she will keep me on file and to please e-mail her regularly. She said she would e-mail me and I could reply to that e-mail and stay in touch. I called, and called and called and she never even returned my calls for an e-mail address. Very unprofessional.

Analyst Interview

Interview

Mostly personality and skill fit questions to get a feel for how you would handle the position and work load that comes with it. There were less technical questions. Was interviewed by 2 people.

Marketing Communications Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CBRE.

Interview

After two phone interviews, I was brought in to meet with a panel. The interview was professional but casual and I felt very comfortable speaking with CBRE employees. The conversation lasted about 45 minutes and a few weeks later, I received an email with a link to take a test based on programs I'd primarily be using in the position.

Interview Questions

• How much experience do you have with Adobe InDesign, as this will be 90% of your work?   Answer Question

Strategy Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CBRE (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

Really liked the company culture. During the interview, the interviewer was super nice and friendly and we had really great conversations. However, when I tried reaching out again, I never heard back.

Project Manager Interview

Interview

I had a couple of telephone interviews at this company. Both of the people said they would get back with me to set up an in person interview. I sent thank you letters and followed up and they into only didn't get back to me, they ignored me when I reached out to them.

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at CBRE (Richmond, VA) in March 2017.

Interview

Briefly discussed background and then went over the details of the program. Definitely would recommend taking real estate classes before interviewing. Interviewed by two people who both went over my resume and discussed relative experience.

Interview Questions

• Why commercial real estate?   1 Answer

Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CBRE (Dallas, TX) in March 2017.

Interview

The interview has two sections: Accounting Test and the interview. Accounting Test of an hour and Interview for another hour. Accounting test was average. Focused on GAAP and adjusting entries.

Assistant Real Estate Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CBRE.

Interview

I was contacted to chat with the Real Estate Manager over the phone and then invited to come in for an interview at the end of our phone call. I met with the Manager and GM for the in person interview, they were nice, relaxed and good at communicating what they were looking for.

Interview Questions

• They asked how I handle communicating with different people at different levels from tenants to contractors to CEO's.   Answer Question