CBRE Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 22, 2017

2.7

Project Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at CBRE (San Francisco, CA) in June 2013.

Interview

The initial interview is over the phone, then after it is determined that a candidacy for the job may be applicable, a panel interview takes place. It could take up to 4 interviews before a final decision is reached.

Interview Questions

• How do you apply macros to budget creations?   Answer Question
    • When dealing with conflict, what approach did you take to resolve it?   Answer Question

Marketing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newport Beach, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CBRE (Newport Beach, CA) in January 2011.

Interview

Interview process was very long and detailed. First I had to speak with the human resources coordinator on the phone to go over the initial details of the job and tell about my past experience. Once I made it through that round, I had to do 2 hours of written psychological testing. After those results were analyzed, I had to take an in person Microsoft Office test and timed typing test. After THAT I interviewed with the team I would be working with. Those were all completed on separate days. CBRE is a big company and they did a great job with the screening process. The people were friendly and communicative all along the way.

Graduate Commercial Property Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CBRE (London, England (UK)) in November 2014.

Interview

1. Online app
    2. Telephone Interview
    3. Face to face interview

The office is in a very nice location

Nice HR director

Intense interview, felt like it would never end!

Told to bring an item that best describes you, I brought a rubber band ball and used it to talk about resilience, connections, character etc

Know the industry, relevant CBRE events and your politics

Interview Questions

• How is everything at _______ university?   1 Answer

Assistant Real Estate Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at CBRE in December 2014.

Interview

Interview process seemed simple at first, but I got a surprise when I showed up to the Interview. The manager didn't bother to interview me and sent in 2 young girls with no experience. They were snotty and asked stupid questions. They didn't even ask me about my prior experience as a former CBRE employee. I was more qualified than they were as far as education and experience but they treated me as if I was an idiot. I was not impressed with this branch of CBRE using "children" to conduct the interviews. I also got a bad vibe from the rest of the people in that office when I walked in. I wouldn't accept a job offer there if they paid me a million dollars. This was a property mgmt. office branch in Denver, CO. I left the interview in shock at the way I was treated. I hope CBRE one day realizes that they are missing out on hiring people with education, experience and great potential because they have caddy bimbos conducting interviews.

Interview Questions

• Do you like a quiet office or a noisy one??? Really, this was the most stupid question!   Answer Question

Only work here if you can't find anything else.

Real Estate Services Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at CBRE (Pittsburgh, PA) in September 2012.

Interview

They advertised the position on Craigslist and I was called and prescreened a week after I submitted my resume and then was called in for a face-to-face interview.
    I was Interviewed at 11 Stanwix Street Pittsburgh CBRE offices.
     The interview started out well but took a turn for the worse.
    My interviewer actually told me he thought I would not be "happy" or "fulfilled" with the position because of my personal interests or because the position will not “challenge me”. Seriously how condescending is that? He did not say I was unqualified or not right for the position just that my personal life might be put in jeopardy. It had to be the most emotionally draining interview of my life. He digs for information by telling personal stories about himself then says your to vibrant for an office position. Sorry I am not a worker drone. I would have been fine with a "we feel you are not the right candidate for this position" but to say that they are worried about me is ridiculous and unprofessional.

My advice to my interviewer is to stop treating candidates like mindless children and keep the interview professional. I regret not challenging him in person when he began coddling me like a infant. He actually walked me to the elevator! I should have given him some tips on how to interview a grown up woman then!

Interview Questions

• No questions besides where do you see yourself in the future. He stated that he would like to asked questions instead so he can a assess your personality.   1 Answer

Associate Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at CBRE (Phoenix, AZ) in June 2008.

Interview

It was much too lengthy and cumbersome for a simple associate accountant position, you'd think they're interviewing for an executive position. They tell you what the pay is going to be up front, take it or leave it. I shouldve left it.

Interview Questions

• The recruiter always asks: tell me what the difference is between cash and accrual accounting, but the interviewer has no knowledge of acounting so it's pointless getting into detail.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation ability in this down market. They tell you what youre going to make and you have to accept it if you want a job in this economy.

Senior Accounting Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tukwila, WA

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at CBRE (Tukwila, WA) in November 2009.

Interview

Summary:
    1. Required to submit an essay on 5 accounting standards and IFRS. The employer never reviewed it.
    2. Participated in 3 interviews over the course of 2 weeks.
    3. Was not hired, and no explanation provided.
    4. I am fully qualified for the job and this was a huge and complete waste of my time. Stay away.
    5. My observation is that they do not really understand the role from an accounting perspective and they have very poor leadership skills in general. Very evasive in the interview related to my tough questions of their leadership style and the goals and objectives that would be required of the position in the next 6 months.

Interview Questions

• There were no difficult questions and a surprising lack of questions related to my skills relevant to the job.   1 Answer

Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CBRE (Dallas, TX) in March 2017.

Interview

The interview has two sections: Accounting Test and the interview. Accounting Test of an hour and Interview for another hour. Accounting test was average. Focused on GAAP and adjusting entries.

Graduate Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at CBRE (London, England (UK)) in December 2016.

Interview

Online app, telephone, first round, assessment centre

A lot of hurdles to get through, however not unmanageable/different to other companies.

Good way to know the company as well.

Important to make every application for every firm DIFFERENT.

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CBRE (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in May 2016.

Interview

Multi level interview with HR manager first and then subsequently with two separate project managers. I was provided enough information about the requirements of the position and provided with clear and straighforward questions regarding my approach as an HR professional. Very welcoming, professional and engaging people. Interviews took place in multiple locations

Interview Questions

• Mostly situational, how would you handle certain employee issues/approaches to HR plan development   Answer Question