CBRE Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 27, 2017

2.7

Assistant Facilities Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Melbourne, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CBRE (Melbourne, FL).

Interview

Had one interview with the hiring manager and two other managers. I was quite nervous but was told to relax and just answer the questions. Was asked to come back the next day to do a meet and greet with some other people. Recapped some of the same questions during the initial interview.

Interview Questions

• How would I describe my leadership style?   1 Answer

Business Solutions & Transitions Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at CBRE (Atlanta, GA) in January 2017.

Interview

First interview went well with lots of questions and with good feed back. Interviewers stated I was what they were looking for. 3 months later, not new and not filled (6 positions).

Interview Questions

• Do you understand all of the value prepositions that we offer?   1 Answer

Valuation Associate Interview

Interview

I received a call from the mai and we arranged a meeting on campus. It was just the managing director that I would potentially be working for. During the interview it became clear I would not be hired because I was uncertain of what I want to do. It was a mistake on my part. But otherwise great company and great experience. Everyone was extremely helpful and friendly. The interview was low key.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your ready estate experience? Have you done any valuation work? Job shadowed?   1 Answer
    • Do you understand the position?   Answer Question

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CBRE (San Francisco, CA) in December 2016.

Interview

Completed a phone interview with a recruiter. Then, a couple weeks later, completed a phone interview with the hiring manager, who expressed interest in having me come in the following week for an in-person interview. It's been 3 weeks and have not heard back or had any response to my follow-up email.

Interview Questions

• Heavily focused on how you handle stress, unpredictability, and how you prioritize tasks.   Answer Question

Client Services Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Southfield, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at CBRE (Southfield, MI) in December 2016.

Interview

This was a disorganized mess right from step one. Initially, I was contacted by a recruiter, which had much difficulty checking and following up emails, as well holding to appointments that were made for a phone interview. After the phone interview it was approx. a week later that I was contacted for an interview. I was considering a major move in order to take the position, so it was understood that I would be driving a great distance in order to meet them face-to-face. After taking time off of my current job, renting a vehicle and driving a great distance to meet them, the interview seemed to go swimmingly. "By the end of the interview I felt that I was without a doubt going to be offered the position, and was told that I would hear something very quickly (by early the following week). I sent my Thank you and waited. The following week they requested another phone interview, which was a mess trying to situate. The individual was once again terrible at following-up emails and holding to the appointment that was made. After speaking with this individual I was then asked to send along additional materials for her to review. I did as asked and never heard a word (once again email follow-up issues). I then sent a thank you to all of the folks that I had spoken with and conveyed my interest in the position. More than a week had passed so I reached out to the head honcho and asked when I could anticipate hearing something about the position to no avail. Once again I was ignored, there came one additional follow-up after that letting them know that I was still interested and I was beginning to feel like a psycho stalker at this point. And here I am over a month later and no one has bothered to thank you for my time, effort, money or interest or make any sort of an offer and at this point I would not accept an offer either. Who wants to work for a company that doesn't even have the courtesy to respond to an email after you bent over backwards for them.

Real Estate Services Administrator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at CBRE.

Interview

Informal, met with three different people over two weeks. Each interview was less than half an hour long. No specific skills questions, more questions about being interested in the position. Offer decision was delayed due to position contract issues.

Competitive offer elsewhere.

Senior Occupancy Planner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CBRE (San Diego, CA) in December 2016.

Interview

The interviewers were very accommodating and flexible about my schedule. Although I was abroad they gave me time/dates to chose for the interview. I was selected for the first interview so they asked for the next level interview the week after. I was interviewed by two people: the Occupancy Planning director & the Americas Planning Lead. At the end of the interview which I though went well, they asked if I could be present at the job site in two weeks, but did not give any feedback on my status 2 weeks after or reply to my thank you email.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself   Answer Question
    • Put these words in order of importance for you: being a teamplayer, salary, the work you do, work/life balance & title   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time where you convinced a client about your plans.   Answer Question
    • What frustrates you at work?   Answer Question
    • What were the characteristics of your favorite boss?   Answer Question
    • What are your salary expectations   1 Answer

Change Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at CBRE.

Interview

Too many layers that did not know what skills to look for. Role was completely new to the team and client. Lengthy cultural fit interview with a very large panel.

Interview Questions

• There was no difficult question, only no questions specific to the needs to hire my position   Answer Question

Client Service Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CBRE (New York, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

First interview was a phone interview. About a week later I was invited for an in person interview where I met with the Regional Client Services Manager along with the 4 brokers I would be working for. Overall the interview was pleasant - no difficult questions and everyone was friendly. I was feeling positive but then there was absolute no feedback after I spent 90minutes interviewing. Pretty disappointed with the lack of feedback.

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CBRE.

Interview

The first round was a phone call with someone from HR. Second round was a brief, phone interview with the hiring manager. Third round was on-site with the hiring manager. Overall it seemed to go well - the hiring manager was very personable, and the interview ended with the manager saying they would be in touch within the next week or so. Well, now it is six weeks later, and I've had no contact - even though I sent a follow-up "thank you" email after two weeks, expressing continued interest in the position - a perfect opportunity to say "thanks, but no thanks." I recognize that everyone is busy, but it's really quite terrible they chose not to send a one or two line email after that many rounds of interviewing.

Interview Questions

• Questions were very straight-forward, mostly technical about analytics software.   Answer Question