CBRE Interview Questions | Glassdoor

CBRE Interview Questions

Updated Dec 11, 2017

2.7

Concierge Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at CBRE.

Interview

Fairly brief (20 minutes) in person. Formal. 3 people, then followed by a 2 person second interview. It took 2 months from the time I applied to my first interview and then another month until my second interview.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you made a mistake and how you handled it?   1 Answer

Client Service Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CBRE (Houston, TX).

Interview

I applied to the position online, and was contacted approximately two months later. The day of the interview, the interviewer arrived approximately 20 minutes late and took a personal call during our meeting. Overall, the interview went great, and the interviewer asked if I could meet with the brokers the following week. The interviewer said that they would let me know the day and time by the end of the week. The week flew by, and I still hadn't heard from the interviewer, so I waited a couple of days and then decided to contact them. I reached out by email, and mentioned that I was looking forward to meeting the brokers. The interviewer acted like they did not remember me, and said that they were still conducting interviews, and if I were a candidate they would contact me for a second interview. By this time, I was frustrated. I decided not to give up though, and wait another week. I received a voicemail from the individual, and was excited to see what they would say. The voicemail that the interviewer left was addressed to someone else, and asked if they could give the interviewer a call at their convenience. I thought that it may have just been a mistake so I called anyways, and left a voicemail. It has been over two months since I returned the missed call, and needless to say, I did not receive the courtesy of a returned call or a chance for a second interview.

Interview Questions

• Background information
      Questions regarding photoshop software   Answer Question

Receptionist Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at CBRE (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Came in through a temp agency. Became permanent 6 months later. Got called in to do an interview. It lasted about 30 minutes. I received an offer the same day. Background check took me about 1 month.

Interview Questions

• Do you mind cleaning the pantries.   2 Answers

Office Services Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at CBRE (San Francisco, CA) in September 2017.

Interview

The interview was handled as a very pleasant conversation. It may be feel comfortable to share who I'm, what I do, what I'm best at and what I'm still working on for improvement. Conversation-like interviews brings out authenticity in all involved.

Interview Questions

• They first and foremost wanted to know I was and what was my professional background.   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at CBRE.

Interview

It was an extensive Interview Process with 3 phone interviews and 3 in-person interviews. I was led to believe I had the position and would be contacted in the next day or two to finalize, but no call came. I followed up and was told they were sorry and that everyone was busy, but they would be back to me by the end of the week with next steps and again, no contact from the company. I followed up one more time with the HR contact, she thought they had hired me and was going to get back to me, but she never did. It was very disheartening as I had spent about 15hrs in interviews and no one had the courtesy to tell me they were not hiring me. Throughout the interview process, everything was positive, but their lack of finalizing anything and just letting me hang out there, really soured me on the company. Very unprofessional.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Overland Park, KS

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CBRE (Overland Park, KS) in August 2017.

Interview

The recruiter was great and helped me along the process. The managers seem really busy here so it was hard to get an allotted time - took a week or so but thats normal I would imagine.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a situation where you had to work with limited information but make a decision on the spot? How can you make the right decisions with limited information?   Answer Question

Real Estate Services Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CBRE (Houston, TX) in July 2017.

Interview

Submitted online app. Received call from recruiter shortly thereafter (maybe a week or so). The recruiter asked about my job history, why I'm interested in CBRE, and discussed the details of the job. She said she would forward my info the the hiring manager & if I hadn't heard anything in a week to reach out to her. The next week I emailed the recruiter. A few hours later, the hiring manager called and emailed to set up an in person interview. I interviewed on a Tuesday. The interview was very informational. I received a tour of the building. It lasted an hour. At the end, they said that they would be making a decision that Friday. On Thursday, the hiring manager called to discuss salary expectations. Friday, I received a verbal offer. I had to wait on a Monday for the written offer because the HR person we were working with was out of the office. The offer was contingent on a background check and drug test. I passed both. I start in two weeks.

Analyst - Loan Services Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CBRE (Houston, TX).

Interview

The hiring process initially started with a phone call from someone within the department. After the phone screen, I was given an in person interview that went well. I enjoyed my time with the interviewers and presented them with well thought out questions and answers. I was told that I would be contacted by the next following week regarding the next steps in the process (meeting the hiring manager's boss). I followed up after the interview within the next 2 days with personalized and not over the top thank you letters to each of the 3 interviewers. I received no responses to those letters. After about 2 weeks, I received a Work Opportunity Tax Credit questionnaire. Although I am of minority group, I know that I am not a candidate that would make the company eligible to receive the credit. It gives me the feeling that I was only being pursued for this reason... I could be wrong. After 2 and a half weeks of not hearing back from the company regarding my status, I emailed the hiring manager following up on the status of the position and of my application. It has been another 2 weeks and I have yet to receive any communication. Considering the size and reputation of CBRE along with my strong interests into working there, I expected some sense of professionalism be granted to me. It was quite disheartening to see that no one cared enough to respond to my emails, inquiries and concerns. This really gives me a negative outlook on the hiring manager and his department. If I make it far enough into the process to meet people face to face, it would be nice to hear a simple "We regret to inform you that have not been selected..." After looking for a job for over a year, this was definitely not a helpful experience. I wish the best to the company and any future applicants.

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CBRE (Indianapolis, IN) in July 2017.

Interview

Terrible communication /organization skills by my interviewer. I have been to their offices 4 times for interviews. For the first round I showed up at the office 3 times before I finally met with the interviewer on the third trip. I was invited for second round interview. I go to the downtown office and the interviewer is not there again (4th Trip total- 3rd time not showing up). The office apologizes and says how unprofessional it is and they don't know what happened. They chalk it up to miscommunication and take my phone number. I have yet to receive an email or a call from the guy and it has been two weeks. We had previously emailed back and forth before interviews.

Graphic Designer (PT) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Conshohocken, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CBRE (Conshohocken, PA) in July 2017.

Interview

The interview process started with a phone screening from corporate headquarters followed by an at-home design test (3-4 hours of work) followed by a face-to-face at the local office. The interview itself was very easy, she just went over the job responsibilities and asked for my relevant experience. Probably only took 20 mins.

Interview Questions

• What is your relevant experience as it pertains to this role?   Answer Question