CBRE Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 12, 2017

2.7

Real Estate Services Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at CBRE (Portland, OR) in June 2016.

Interview

They were really flexible in working with me through a long distance application process, as I was in Austin, applying for a position in Portland. I had 2 phone interviews and a Skype interview for a position in Portland. They were super competent and laid back, as well as very understanding about the challenges of applying for a job from 2,000 miles away. After I passed phone interviews and video interview, they sent me an offer letter, and I had to take a drug test (but I was able to do it in Austin), and also went through a background screening. After that, I got my confirmation letter, and verified my start date with my manager. The whole process was a really great experience.

Interview Questions

• They requested I describe my current job tasks. I was also asked how I handle stress.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I attempted to negotiate, but they were not flexible on pay at all.

Data Entry Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at CBRE in June 2016.

Interview

Had 1 phone interview, then had to complete some assessments/tests, then had an in-person interview. I was told that I would hear back the following week, regardless of the decision made. It's been 4 weeks and I have followed up since then and still never heard anything back. The recruiter was very nice and so was the hiring manager, but they never followed up after the interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that you made a mistake at work and how you corrected it   Answer Question

Client Services Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at CBRE (Minneapolis, MN) in May 2016.

Interview

I was called by a CBRE recruiter for a Client Services Coordinator opening. I attended the first interview with a lot of skepticism. The written description didn't sound even remotely in my wheelhouse, but after a talk with two interviewers who held the same position previously, it seemed like a mutual perfect fit.

I received several emails from the senior interviewer reiterating her interest in me and letting me know how the interview process was going. She sent me a link to a knowledge test--two of which were "common knowledge" tests (though both were far more strenuous than any entry level test I've ever taken) in addition to a Word test and an Excel test. I was invited to a second interview about a week after completing the test and two weeks after the initial interview.

The second interview was with four new interviewees in addition to the senior-level employee from the previous interview. While I definitely didn't knock the interview out of the park, it wasn't the worst, either. After two weeks went by without contact, I wrote the interviewer back and asked where they were at in the process. After 3 days of non-response, I ended up sending an email to the recruiter enquiring about the process. The interviewer got back to me within an hour of emailing the recruiter and informed me they were still interviewing candidates.

It's been a good two months since the second interview, and a month and a half since my last contact. I know large corporations can take a long time to hire a candidate, but 3+ months? I'm left wondering if they somehow forgot to send me a rejection letter or if they really do take that long to hire a candidate...

Either way, though, as professional of an image as they portray, I'm pretty disappointed that this is how their interview process goes.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at CBRE (New York, NY) in May 2016.

Interview

I am a temp to perm and my interview was more of a conversation than a typical interview. I just really wanted to work at CBRE and that was clear. The Office Manager was just very sweet and easy to talk to and we just had an enjoyable conversation of why I would be right for the role and I even got to know a little bit about her and her history at CBRE which helped me see my potential future at CBRE as well.

IT Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CBRE (Dallas, TX) in May 2016.

Interview

Both interviews were phone interviews but I was informed the last one was the final interview for all candidates. phone calls were about 10-14 days apart. The first was from n IT director, and the next was from the manager of the team the successful candidate was going to work under. Both were supposed to last 30 minutes but went past the scheduled time. Technical questions were very few, the bulk were behavioral. Make sure you research company, job requirements and projects they are involved in.

Interview Questions

• tell me one time you wee told to do something outside your normal responsibilities (at work) and how you handled it   Answer Question
    • Do you have any troubleshooting experience   1 Answer

Office Coordinator Assistant/Receptionist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at CBRE (Atlanta, GA) in May 2016.

Interview

I was called about a month after I applied for this position online. I went into an interview, with the manager and her boss. They mostly just told me about the job and wanted to make sure I could do everything the job required. They only asked me about my current job and what I did there. They also asked me what I wanted to do when I grew up and what kind of management style I liked. I guess they liked me well enough and asked me to come into do a second interview. During the second interview, it was also two people. The manager and then someone else higher up. Again it was just telling me about the job in more detail and asking me if I have experience in this area. It didn't seem very formal and they told me they would contact me either way. When I didn't hear from them after a week, I contacted them and they had choose someone else for the position.

Interview Questions

• What do you want to be when you "grow up"?   1 Answer

Production Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beverly Hills, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CBRE (Beverly Hills, CA) in May 2016.

Interview

The application has taken about two weeks to process. Interviewed at their Beverly Hills office. The interview basically just want to know more about your previous working experience and understanding towards the position of production analyst. The interview has lasted for about 30 minutes. No offer was given but quite a positive experience.

Graphic Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CBRE (Philadelphia, PA) in May 2016.

Interview

I submitted my PDF portfolio to a CBRE posting I had seen on their website for a Graphic Designer position. They promptly replied requesting me to come in for an interview. The interview lasted 30 minutes where I discussed my portfolio and explained how it related to the position. I met with the Director of Marketing who was very nice and professional.

Interview Questions

• The questions mainly focused on my experience and design capabilities.   Answer Question

First Vice President Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at CBRE (Austin, TX) in May 2016.

Interview

I met with the managing director in person who ask what my goals are and how he can assist in achieve these goals. We came up with a plan and I do expect to meet and exceed the goals. I now work in a corporate environment and do look forward to the scheduling freedom.

Interview Questions

• If I were satisfied in my current position.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Back and forth. They made an offer and it was lightly negotiated. I have complete confidence in the person I was negotiating with...

Building Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CBRE (Houston, TX).

Interview

Panel Interview which took about 2 hours. Was told about company, Job & Responsibilities, Compensation & PTO in which you accrue a certain amount of hours per 40 work week you work. Of Course it was a bit nerve racking at first but the panel showed great interest in the interview and asked situational questions but I believe that was because of my work history.

Interview Questions

• Job history, Skills, and Why I would be a great addition to the team.   Answer Question