CBRE Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 21, 2017

2.7

Associate Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at CBRE (Phoenix, AZ) in April 2016.

Interview

Was not very difficult or rigorous. Interviewer just looked over my resume and asked questions about past experiences. It was pretty brief. I am just about to graduate college and it seemed that they were looking for someone with a bit more experience.

Real Estate Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CBRE (New York, NY) in April 2016.

Interview

the phone interview was fairly laxed. A HR rep called me at a convenient time and was very delightful. We went through the company and specific role and then my specific skills set and experience.

Interview Questions

• Where do you want to be in 5 years   1 Answer

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at CBRE (Dallas, TX) in April 2016.

Interview

I had 6 interviews over the period of two months. I had two interviews with HR, one with the first Hiring Manager, one with a team member, another with a different Hiring Manager, and the VP of Operations for the department.

I believe that there were too many interviews with the same questions. Ultimately, the offer came down to myself and someone in-house. I was not offered the job as they went with the person already working at CB. Statistically, most of the time an in-house employee is a finalist for a job, the company will go with the current employee. Had I known this was the situation in my case, I may not have focused so much energy with this company.

Overall, this was a very professional experience with CB. Everyone one of the interviewers were professional and courteous. Although I was not offered the job, I was told that myself and the person who was offered the job were both qualified and they liked the both of us. The deciding factor was that the other person was already working at CB. I was given constructive criticism on my interview skills, basically told to condense my answers some. I appreciated the feedback and I will continue to look to this company for other opportunities. Basically, I was not offered this job, but I will get a job at this company eventually, I guarantee that!

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at CBRE?   1 Answer

Associate Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CBRE (Phoenix, AZ) in April 2016.

Interview

The interview experience was very positive. The interviewers were very friendly and they made you very comfortable during the whole process. They mainly asked behavioral questions, such as tell me a situation when..., I think these questions were very common interview questions for a entry level accountant position. They also asked some general accounting questions which were also very easy. I didn't get the offer, I guess they prefer people with more experience.

Client Services Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Century City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at CBRE (Century City, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

I applied online and I was contacted about 2 weeks later for an in-person interview. I was scheduled the following week and interviewed at the century city location with the operations manager, the vice president, and the senior vice president (all of which I would be supporting). The interviews were conducted separately and I was asked a few duplicate questions, so I felt like I answered better for some than another. The interview took about an hour and a half.

I sent out separate 'thank you' emails a few days later and was told by the operations manager that they are still in the middle of the interview process and would get back to me shortly. I did not hear anything for another 2 weeks, so I emailed her again with no response. I emailed the receptionist who contacted me about the interview but she forwarded my email to the same manager, with no response and that was 3 weeks ago.

I wish there would be more of a sense of professionalism from people who work for such a large company. I wasn't even expecting to land the job but a simple "Thank you for coming in. We decided to proceed with another candidate" was all I was asking for.

Note to managers: if you reject a candidate, please at least have the decency to email them a rejection letter. I would appreciate that more than being left in limbo.

Interview Questions

• Why CBRE? What experience do you have with marketing? How are your organizational skills? How familiar are you with social media platforms?   Answer Question

Client Services Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at CBRE in March 2016.

Interview

Interview was relaxed. One on one interview with the office operations manager first. Following that, an interview with the broker that you would potentially work with. The broker really is the one that you need to hit it off with they will be the one making the final decision. Make sure you do some research on the company before you interview

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you took a leadership role?
      What do you know about CBRE?
      Where do you see yourself in the future?
      Answer Question

Senior Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CBRE in March 2016.

Interview

Interview process was efficient and it was overall a positive experience. I had a first round interview over the phone which was very positive and met the manager the following week in person. I was able to get my offer letter within the week.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlottesville, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at CBRE (Charlottesville, VA) in March 2016.

Interview

I basically sent my resume to one of the people that work in the DC area in charge of the internship program. Then I was told to complete an online video interview which was very strange and uncomfortable since a question just flashes on the screen and you record yourself answering it. There's no way to tell how you're doing in the interview. Then had a tough time getting responses about the status of my internship which left me wondering if I even got the job until a couple weeks before I was supposed to start. Finally received a phone call offering me the job and prompting me to fill out a few more things online.

Summer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at CBRE (Dallas, TX) in March 2016.

Interview

The first round consisted of an application online - which was fairly simple. The next round (if you made it) consisted of written and oral responses to 12 questions (6 each) The oral portion was very weird given that you had to record yourself responding to the questions and you could only redo it once. But, if you redid it, you would have to redo all 12 questions. The last round was an in office interview. I cannot elaborate because i was unable to attend due to prior conflicts. However, they were flexible and let me do a Skype interview with a few of the team members. I ended up getting an offer and accepting.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at CBRE?
      Why Real Estate?
      Prior experience?
      A lot of sales questions
      Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at CBRE (Chicago, IL) in March 2016.

Interview

Spoke with HR on the phone first. Then spoke with hiring manager on the phone. Brought in for a face-to-face interview with team. Was asked to do a few basic Excel formulas (vlookups & Pivot tables). Overall, a very basic interview.

Interview Questions

• What specific roles did you play in the budgeting process?   Answer Question
    • Why are you interested in commercial real estate?   Answer Question
    • Explain how your past experiences with client service have made you the best candidate.   Answer Question