CBRE Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 17, 2017

2.7

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CBRE (San Francisco, CA) in December 2016.

Interview

Completed a phone interview with a recruiter. Then, a couple weeks later, completed a phone interview with the hiring manager, who expressed interest in having me come in the following week for an in-person interview. It's been 3 weeks and have not heard back or had any response to my follow-up email.

Interview Questions

• Heavily focused on how you handle stress, unpredictability, and how you prioritize tasks.   Answer Question

Client Services Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Southfield, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at CBRE (Southfield, MI) in December 2016.

Interview

This was a disorganized mess right from step one. Initially, I was contacted by a recruiter, which had much difficulty checking and following up emails, as well holding to appointments that were made for a phone interview. After the phone interview it was approx. a week later that I was contacted for an interview. I was considering a major move in order to take the position, so it was understood that I would be driving a great distance in order to meet them face-to-face. After taking time off of my current job, renting a vehicle and driving a great distance to meet them, the interview seemed to go swimmingly. "By the end of the interview I felt that I was without a doubt going to be offered the position, and was told that I would hear something very quickly (by early the following week). I sent my Thank you and waited. The following week they requested another phone interview, which was a mess trying to situate. The individual was once again terrible at following-up emails and holding to the appointment that was made. After speaking with this individual I was then asked to send along additional materials for her to review. I did as asked and never heard a word (once again email follow-up issues). I then sent a thank you to all of the folks that I had spoken with and conveyed my interest in the position. More than a week had passed so I reached out to the head honcho and asked when I could anticipate hearing something about the position to no avail. Once again I was ignored, there came one additional follow-up after that letting them know that I was still interested and I was beginning to feel like a psycho stalker at this point. And here I am over a month later and no one has bothered to thank you for my time, effort, money or interest or make any sort of an offer and at this point I would not accept an offer either. Who wants to work for a company that doesn't even have the courtesy to respond to an email after you bent over backwards for them.

Real Estate Services Administrator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at CBRE.

Interview

Informal, met with three different people over two weeks. Each interview was less than half an hour long. No specific skills questions, more questions about being interested in the position. Offer decision was delayed due to position contract issues.

Competitive offer elsewhere.

Senior Occupancy Planner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CBRE (San Diego, CA) in December 2016.

Interview

The interviewers were very accommodating and flexible about my schedule. Although I was abroad they gave me time/dates to chose for the interview. I was selected for the first interview so they asked for the next level interview the week after. I was interviewed by two people: the Occupancy Planning director & the Americas Planning Lead. At the end of the interview which I though went well, they asked if I could be present at the job site in two weeks, but did not give any feedback on my status 2 weeks after or reply to my thank you email.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself   Answer Question
    • Put these words in order of importance for you: being a teamplayer, salary, the work you do, work/life balance & title   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time where you convinced a client about your plans.   Answer Question
    • What frustrates you at work?   Answer Question
    • What were the characteristics of your favorite boss?   Answer Question
    • What are your salary expectations   1 Answer

Change Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at CBRE.

Interview

Too many layers that did not know what skills to look for. Role was completely new to the team and client. Lengthy cultural fit interview with a very large panel.

Interview Questions

• There was no difficult question, only no questions specific to the needs to hire my position   Answer Question

Client Service Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CBRE (New York, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

First interview was a phone interview. About a week later I was invited for an in person interview where I met with the Regional Client Services Manager along with the 4 brokers I would be working for. Overall the interview was pleasant - no difficult questions and everyone was friendly. I was feeling positive but then there was absolute no feedback after I spent 90minutes interviewing. Pretty disappointed with the lack of feedback.

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CBRE.

Interview

The first round was a phone call with someone from HR. Second round was a brief, phone interview with the hiring manager. Third round was on-site with the hiring manager. Overall it seemed to go well - the hiring manager was very personable, and the interview ended with the manager saying they would be in touch within the next week or so. Well, now it is six weeks later, and I've had no contact - even though I sent a follow-up "thank you" email after two weeks, expressing continued interest in the position - a perfect opportunity to say "thanks, but no thanks." I recognize that everyone is busy, but it's really quite terrible they chose not to send a one or two line email after that many rounds of interviewing.

Interview Questions

• Questions were very straight-forward, mostly technical about analytics software.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Interview

Interview process was very simple. nothing too technical. very friendly people to talk to. more of a conversation than a formal interview. be prepared to talk about current events and why you want to work here.

Assistant Real Estate Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at CBRE (Houston, TX) in October 2016.

Interview

I found this position through LinkedIn. LinkedIn redirected me to the company website, where I submitted my resume, cover letter, and on-line application form. After 4 weeks, I was contacted by a representative from CBRE (the hiring department, not HR) to schedule an interview. I was interviewed by Supervisors within the department, and was later invited for a second interview by another Supervisor in the department. The hiring decision was made about 2 weeks after the interviews. Altogether, the process took 2 months, with a start date at 3 months.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about one situation where you completely failed, and how did you respond.   Answer Question

Occupancy Planner Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at CBRE in October 2016.

Interview

The process was about 4 weeks, started with applying online, about a week later got a phone call to set up an interview with the direct supervisor. The second interview was with a foreign Director. Everyone was very professional and polite, first interview was more general, the second one focused more on specific activities regarding the job. They always replied within a short time.

Interview Questions

• General questions about previous experience, what expectations I have from the job and how I would fit within the team.   Answer Question