CBRE Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 13, 2017

2.7

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CBRE (Minneapolis, MN) in February 2017.

Interview

Not too technical, but expect at least a few questions related to your specific area of expertise. Mostly covered personality and goals, what you expect from a good work environment, what your career expectations are.

Interview Questions

• Explain the difference between an accounting system that uses a cash basis versus an accrual basis system.   Answer Question

Researcher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at CBRE (Miami, FL) in February 2017.

Interview

Straight forward personality questions. A lot of "what if" scenarios. The whole thing lasted 20 minutes followed by another 20 minute interview a couple days later. Interviewer was very genuine and interested in my responses.

Interview Questions

• If multiple people of the same title ask you to do something how would you prioritize?   1 Answer

Assistant Facilities Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Melbourne, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CBRE (Melbourne, FL).

Interview

Had one interview with the hiring manager and two other managers. I was quite nervous but was told to relax and just answer the questions. Was asked to come back the next day to do a meet and greet with some other people. Recapped some of the same questions during the initial interview.

Interview Questions

• How would I describe my leadership style?   1 Answer

Valuation Associate Interview

Interview

I received a call from the mai and we arranged a meeting on campus. It was just the managing director that I would potentially be working for. During the interview it became clear I would not be hired because I was uncertain of what I want to do. It was a mistake on my part. But otherwise great company and great experience. Everyone was extremely helpful and friendly. The interview was low key.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your ready estate experience? Have you done any valuation work? Job shadowed?   1 Answer
    • Do you understand the position?   Answer Question

Business Solutions & Transitions Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at CBRE (Atlanta, GA) in January 2017.

Interview

First interview went well with lots of questions and with good feed back. Interviewers stated I was what they were looking for. 3 months later, not new and not filled (6 positions).

Interview Questions

• Do you understand all of the value prepositions that we offer?   1 Answer

Researcher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at CBRE (Saint Louis, MO) in January 2017.

Interview

Got an Email from the head of their research department wanting to set up a 20 minute phone interview. Scheduled out about a week and then there was a brief phone call of very direct question and responses.

Real Estate Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at CBRE (Miami, FL) in January 2017.

Interview

I had a phone interview with HR staff to learn about the corporate culture and employee benefit package; met with General Manager, Associate Director, and Director of Asset Services regarding my skill set and qualifications

Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CBRE (Irvine, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

Relatively standard interview, 3 person panel. Asked about my previous experience in the industry and how I can relate it to an analyst role. Some challenging questions regarding the way I plan to bring value to the company, my adaptability and autonomy. All interveiwers were cordual and did their best to help me feel comfortable.

Interview Questions

• How will you bring value to the company?   1 Answer

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CBRE (San Francisco, CA) in December 2016.

Interview

Completed a phone interview with a recruiter. Then, a couple weeks later, completed a phone interview with the hiring manager, who expressed interest in having me come in the following week for an in-person interview. It's been 3 weeks and have not heard back or had any response to my follow-up email.

Interview Questions

• Heavily focused on how you handle stress, unpredictability, and how you prioritize tasks.   Answer Question

Client Services Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Southfield, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at CBRE (Southfield, MI) in December 2016.

Interview

This was a disorganized mess right from step one. Initially, I was contacted by a recruiter, which had much difficulty checking and following up emails, as well holding to appointments that were made for a phone interview. After the phone interview it was approx. a week later that I was contacted for an interview. I was considering a major move in order to take the position, so it was understood that I would be driving a great distance in order to meet them face-to-face. After taking time off of my current job, renting a vehicle and driving a great distance to meet them, the interview seemed to go swimmingly. "By the end of the interview I felt that I was without a doubt going to be offered the position, and was told that I would hear something very quickly (by early the following week). I sent my Thank you and waited. The following week they requested another phone interview, which was a mess trying to situate. The individual was once again terrible at following-up emails and holding to the appointment that was made. After speaking with this individual I was then asked to send along additional materials for her to review. I did as asked and never heard a word (once again email follow-up issues). I then sent a thank you to all of the folks that I had spoken with and conveyed my interest in the position. More than a week had passed so I reached out to the head honcho and asked when I could anticipate hearing something about the position to no avail. Once again I was ignored, there came one additional follow-up after that letting them know that I was still interested and I was beginning to feel like a psycho stalker at this point. And here I am over a month later and no one has bothered to thank you for my time, effort, money or interest or make any sort of an offer and at this point I would not accept an offer either. Who wants to work for a company that doesn't even have the courtesy to respond to an email after you bent over backwards for them.