CBRE Interview Questions in Los Angeles, CA | Glassdoor

2.8

37 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CBRE (Irvine, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

Relatively standard interview, 3 person panel. Asked about my previous experience in the industry and how I can relate it to an analyst role. Some challenging questions regarding the way I plan to bring value to the company, my adaptability and autonomy. All interveiwers were cordual and did their best to help me feel comfortable.

Interview Questions

• How will you bring value to the company?   1 Answer

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newport Beach, CA

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at CBRE (Newport Beach, CA).

Interview

Phone interview with HR; phone interview with regional director; in-person interview with manager; in-person group interview with potential peers and finally a skills assessment test. Ideally they want you to take the skills assessment test at the same time you come in for the in-person interviews.

Production Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beverly Hills, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CBRE (Beverly Hills, CA) in May 2016.

Interview

The application has taken about two weeks to process. Interviewed at their Beverly Hills office. The interview basically just want to know more about your previous working experience and understanding towards the position of production analyst. The interview has lasted for about 30 minutes. No offer was given but quite a positive experience.

Client Services Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Century City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at CBRE (Century City, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

I applied online and I was contacted about 2 weeks later for an in-person interview. I was scheduled the following week and interviewed at the century city location with the operations manager, the vice president, and the senior vice president (all of which I would be supporting). The interviews were conducted separately and I was asked a few duplicate questions, so I felt like I answered better for some than another. The interview took about an hour and a half.

I sent out separate 'thank you' emails a few days later and was told by the operations manager that they are still in the middle of the interview process and would get back to me shortly. I did not hear anything for another 2 weeks, so I emailed her again with no response. I emailed the receptionist who contacted me about the interview but she forwarded my email to the same manager, with no response and that was 3 weeks ago.

I wish there would be more of a sense of professionalism from people who work for such a large company. I wasn't even expecting to land the job but a simple "Thank you for coming in. We decided to proceed with another candidate" was all I was asking for.

Note to managers: if you reject a candidate, please at least have the decency to email them a rejection letter. I would appreciate that more than being left in limbo.

Interview Questions

• Why CBRE? What experience do you have with marketing? How are your organizational skills? How familiar are you with social media platforms?   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newport Beach, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at CBRE (Newport Beach, CA).

Interview

Resume and cover letter were passed along through a contact. Within a week there was a phone screening call. Two people from the analyst team talked to me for about 20 minutes to get an idea how well I'd for the position. At the end of the call they scheduled an in person interview.
    About a week later the team supervisor interviewed me. She asked quite a few questions and then invited her team of 6 in to interview me and give me an idea for what the job was like. After that discussion I took a two hour skills assessment. I didn't think it was difficult but I was later informed that I got one of the highest scores they've had on years.
    Following that test I was invited back for a second interview, speaking with everybody I had spoken to before plus a one on one interview with a former member of the team who had since been promoted.
    I later heard from a contact within the company that the team and supervisor liked me but they needed somebody pretty immediately and I was still about two months from getting my degree.

Interview Questions

CBRE Response

Apr 5, 2016 – Senior Corporate Recruiter

Thank you for your feedback. Please stay in touch with your interviewers for future opportunities. We sincerely appreciate your continued interest in CBRE!

Project Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at CBRE (Los Angeles, CA) in February 2016.

Interview

Got a call from the recruiter 3 weeks later to set up for an in-person interview with the manager. Interviewed with two managers at the office and got an offer a week after the interview.

Interview Questions

• What kind of project management tools have you used before?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CBRE (Los Angeles, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

Process: Phone Interview - One on one interview - Three on one interview. The first two interviews are basically about some general questions and the 3 on 1 is about the specific work I will do in the team. All interviewers are very nice and the interviews are relatively casual.

Interview Questions

• Why CBRE? How do you manage your time while doing multiple tasks?   Answer Question

Client Service Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at CBRE (Los Angeles, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

I applied online and was referred by a co-worker at my current firm. I had a first in-person interview with two office managers. Then a couple of days later, I had an in-person interview with the Executive Assistant and two real estate agents. Then a few days later, I had an interview with the senior broker. This was an all day process. She treated me to lunch then I shadowed the other coordinator for the day. Later that day, I had to take MS Office exams. After passing the tests, I received a job offer via phone. The offer was a little lower than I expected, so I negotiated a higher salary. They accepted. I declined their offer after my then current employer countered with a better offer.

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at CBRE (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

One initial video interview followed by a second round phone interview. The video interview was surprisingly awkward. You sit down down in front of a computer and an interview question pops up. You have 10 seconds to read the question then it starts recording. You have 2 minutes to respond then it cuts you off. There are about 15 questions and some are tricky - should definitely be ready to think on your feet and be able to elaborate well on past work experience.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation in the work place in which you faced a moral or ethical issue and how you dealt with it/responded to management   Answer Question

Appraiser Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at CBRE (Los Angeles, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

The initial process was very informal and comfortable. The topics of discussion was pretty typical of an exploratory meeting from there. We had lunch at nice restaurant in LA and started by discussing my professional experience and goals. Then we went on to discuss the opportunities at CBRE and how I could possibly fit in.

Interview Questions

• In what environment do you feel you are most productive?   Answer Question