CBRE Real Estate Accountant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1 Interview Review

2.0

1 Candidate Interview ReviewBack to all Interviews

Real Estate Accountant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at CBRE in May 2012.

Interview

CBRE hires through Accountemps, cold calling off Monster/job boards, and applications. I was cold-called.

First is your typical phone-screen. Nothing tricky. Then you're invited in to an interview with who'll probably be your primary supervisor and another supervisor or above. For my position they asked the basic accounting questions, name a difficult experience, blah blah blah.

For REA, they did go "Well we don't expect you to know this, but what can you tell us about CAM?", which is Common Area Maintenance. I'd already interviewed for property accountant at another location, so the answer was easy.

Then you go take a computer test about your knowledge of Excel and basic accounting concepts. It's pretty simple.

If you pass that, then you get connected with their terrible, terrible contractor for backgrounds. They are horrible. They won't call some of your listings, they'll forgot to tell you when your drug test is, and whatnot. I found it's just easier to call your recruiter and work around the contractor.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Not much of one. I should have held out a bit to get another grand or two, but I wanted out of my at-the-time employer.