CBRE Real Estate Services Coordinator Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 5, 2017

2.7

9 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CBRE (Houston, TX) in July 2017.

Interview

Submitted online app. Received call from recruiter shortly thereafter (maybe a week or so). The recruiter asked about my job history, why I'm interested in CBRE, and discussed the details of the job. She said she would forward my info the the hiring manager & if I hadn't heard anything in a week to reach out to her. The next week I emailed the recruiter. A few hours later, the hiring manager called and emailed to set up an in person interview. I interviewed on a Tuesday. The interview was very informational. I received a tour of the building. It lasted an hour. At the end, they said that they would be making a decision that Friday. On Thursday, the hiring manager called to discuss salary expectations. Friday, I received a verbal offer. I had to wait on a Monday for the written offer because the HR person we were working with was out of the office. The offer was contingent on a background check and drug test. I passed both. I start in two weeks.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for CBRE

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CBRE (Washington, DC) in February 2016.

Interview

i applied online received an email in a week and set an appointment. The interview was very laid back; the managers were very nice and informative. They told me its going to take a coouple of weeks and i am waiting.

Interview Questions

• why do you want to join CBRE?   1 Answer
    • What experience do you have with Word products   1 Answer
    • When was the time you went above and beyond for a customer?   1 Answer
    • How organized are you?   1 Answer

CBRE Response

Apr 5, 2016 – Senior Corporate Recruiter

Thank you for your feedback and sincerely appreciate your interest in CBRE!

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CBRE (Las Vegas, NV) in February 2016.

Interview

Very relaxed and CBRE listens very well to your specific situation. CBRE met me outside of the office first just to get to know each other. CBRE worked around my schedule as I did have another job at that time.

Real Estate Services Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CBRE.

Interview

I submitted an application to the online portal. I received a call several days later from the Associate Director who let me know that there was a part-time position available if I would like to consider it. She mentioned it would be a good place to start with the company without any commercial real estate experience, and I would be able to move into a full-time role as one opened up.
    The manager at an onsite property called me to come in and meet. It was a very laid-back interview with just general work experience questions.

Interview Questions

• What has your experience been in the customer service industry? How do you handle difficult customers?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no room for negotiation. The hourly rate was already set and she let me know before I came in to make sure it would be something I could agree to.

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at CBRE (Houston, TX) in December 2014.

Interview

The interview process was easy yet challenging because this company is so large. There are a couple CBRE offices in Houston so I had a couple interviews with a couple managers. They were all very sweet but you could tell they wanted someone business oriented and someone with growth potential.

Interview Questions

• Why do you have an interest in this company and real estate?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CBRE (Houston, TX) in October 2014.

Interview

It took me almost 6 months, to get an interview. I went through hoops, trying to get an interview and I got it. I was SO excited just to interview. The next day, they called me and offered the position to me. I start in a few weeks. This company (In my eyes) is the best of the best! The person who interviewed me was great! I can't wait to start.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for CBRE?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Simple

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at CBRE (Pittsburgh, PA) in September 2012.

Interview

They advertised the position on Craigslist and I was called and prescreened a week after I submitted my resume and then was called in for a face-to-face interview.
    I was Interviewed at 11 Stanwix Street Pittsburgh CBRE offices.
     The interview started out well but took a turn for the worse.
    My interviewer actually told me he thought I would not be "happy" or "fulfilled" with the position because of my personal interests or because the position will not “challenge me”. Seriously how condescending is that? He did not say I was unqualified or not right for the position just that my personal life might be put in jeopardy. It had to be the most emotionally draining interview of my life. He digs for information by telling personal stories about himself then says your to vibrant for an office position. Sorry I am not a worker drone. I would have been fine with a "we feel you are not the right candidate for this position" but to say that they are worried about me is ridiculous and unprofessional.

My advice to my interviewer is to stop treating candidates like mindless children and keep the interview professional. I regret not challenging him in person when he began coddling me like a infant. He actually walked me to the elevator! I should have given him some tips on how to interview a grown up woman then!

Interview Questions

• No questions besides where do you see yourself in the future. He stated that he would like to asked questions instead so he can a assess your personality.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at CBRE (Washington, DC) in February 2010.

Interview

I had a phone interview with one of the HR associates. My interview process was positive. I was told that I should receive a call within a week should I be selected for a second interview. It's been about 2 days since the initial interview.

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at CBRE (Santa Clara, CA) in April 2009.

Interview

I had a total of a phone interview and an in-person interview. The person interviewing me seemed to want to scare me away instead of being realistic about job expectations. About 2 months later, I got contacted to get an offer.