CBS Corp Interview Questions | Glassdoor

CBS Corp Interview Questions

Updated May 24, 2017

2.6

Anonymous Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at CBS Corp.

Interview

applied online, heard back via phone call about a month later to come in for an interview. told me they were hiring 8 out of 29 interviews. Process itself was very simple, seemed like they were just looking for candidates that they could work with rather than were the most qualified. Standard questions, looked over resume but didn't ask anything in depth.

Page Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at CBS Corp (New York, NY).

Interview

I emailed the hiring manager and received an interview request within a month. After a panel interview with about 7 other candidates. We were told that we may receive word in a few weeks to a month. There is no compensation for I televiewers traveling from out of town and the interviews are scheduled rather quickly.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

N/A

Associate Producer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at CBS Corp (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

Applied online and got a call from HR about a week later to talk about the position and set up an interview. I interviewed with the same person that week and from there they asked if I had time to sit with two of the department's producers. After interviewing with them, they asked if I had time to sit with the SVP. The process on a whole was pretty lax, conversational and not too rigid and confrontational like most interviews can be. Just be sure to know little intricacies of your resume and YOUR involvement. They are not fans of the word "we."

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at CBS Corp (New York, NY) in May 2016.

Interview

It was exhilarating with a lot of insight into the Company's function and expectancy from employees. Also a lot of information on the company's requirement of the IT and Business Analyst Professionals and what they need to do on an every day basis.

Interview Questions

• What knowledge do you have of software development life cycle?   Answer Question

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at CBS Corp (New York, NY) in February 2016.

Interview

Sent resume to connection who sent around my resume. I received an email a few hours later from the hiring manager that I should email her in a few months because they were busy with other things. She ended up emailing me to schedule the interview. Met with her in person at her office a week later. The interview was completely casual. It felt like I knew her for years and I was comfortable. She didn't really ask me questions, but instead explained what my roles as an intern would be. She made me feel extremely confident that I would have gotten it. She told me she would let me know in about a month or so.

Tax Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at CBS Corp (New York, NY) in January 2016.

Interview

The interview was better than expected. They were hiring interns for many groups. Therefore, I interviewed with staff from each group. They asked similar questions which revolved around my resume. The environment was very relaxing and the interviewers were kind and laid back.

Asset Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CBS Corp (New York, NY) in December 2015.

Interview

This was a brand new position being created to track all the data center gear. I had 15 years experience in this field so I was pretty confident that I would do a good job with the interview. I had my interview with three of the technology managers. I answered all their questions without a problem and they reacted positively to the answers and to my jokes.
           The interview lasted an hour which was another good sign. After it was over the HR lady wanted to talk with me which was ANOTHER good sign. We started talking salary but my needs and her offer were pretty far apart. But I did tell her that I would go home and crunch some numbers and see if I could make it work.
            I received a call from her within the hour expecting perhaps a change in her offer but she called to tell me they were going with someone else. I was dumbfounded.
           Anyway the people were nice and the interview was fair.

Interview Questions

• They asked me a lot of questions about my data center experience and a couple of "What would you do, IF" questions.   1 Answer

Tax Processor Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at CBS Corp (New York, NY).

Interview

Very detailed, not easy. I met with three people. Interview was very thorough. I was asked about work history, goals, and projected vision for the future. I met with 2 more VPs after the initial interview with the manager. Process took about 1/2 day.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself.
      Where do you see yourself in 5 years.
      Why did you leave your last job/why are you looking to leave current job?   Answer Question

Desktop Support Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at CBS Corp (New York, NY) in September 2015.

Interview

Sent my resume and about a 2 weeks later I got an email message asking to set up a telephone interview. Was scheduled for an a interview. Be very prepared for the interview. Instead the call received a e-mail that the position is already filled out. That was very unprofessional and leaves me with a bad impression of CBS.

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at CBS Corp (New York, NY) in April 2015.

Interview

Applied initially through LinkedIn over a weekend. Got a call first thing on Monday from a CBS recruiter, who seemed nice and responsive at first. Then I was asked to come in on Thursday to interview with 3 people, who would make a decision. I wanted to come in the following week due to planned travel, however, the recruiter demanded that I come in Thursday and I adjusted my travel schedule to make the interview appointment.

The VP informed me that they had two other candidates and I should hear back within a couple weeks. Feedback immediately following the interview was very positive. I followed up and left a message with the recruiter at the end of those two weeks and never heard anything back. That was very unprofessional of the recruiter never to follow-up and leaves me with a bad impression of CBS. CBS does not reimburse travel expenses for interviews either.

I have taken a position elsewhere and after speaking with people from PwC who worked with CBS, they told me to consider it a blessing that I did not end up working there.