CBS Interactive Associate Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

CBS Interactive Associate Software Engineer Interview Questions

3.3

3 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CBS Interactive.

Interview

I had one phone screen which was just asking about my interest and took 15 minutes. Then I went to the Portland office to do the interview. There were three people interviewing me. First one was a coding interview with very common coding questions such as designing stack and queue. How to reverse string and so on. Second was general question about their current problem. Third interview was with manager and it was behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• How to find a loop in a sigle linked list.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for CBS Interactive

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at CBS Interactive (Portland, OR) in April 2012.

Interview

There was a phone interview where I was asked some basic computer science stuff.
    mostly basic multi-threading and object oriented questions

The interview took 4 hours, I was interviewed by 4 engineers where they had me solve various problems
    example: design a DB, and then write queries to it. design a OO system for a problem, do some basic data structure stuff, and some Big O questions.

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at CBS Interactive (San Francisco, CA) in December 2009.

Interview

I had phone interview at first. Then I got a follow up with one and one interview. The manager did called all my references to verify. I then got schedule for an interview. It was almost 5 hours. Got interviewed by the Director of Software Engineering, QA team and QA manager. They asked about how would I test a glass, an apple, Java questions and SQL questions.

Interview Questions

• Ask about how to test an apple. Some basic java questions. Mysql questions   Answer Question