CBS Interactive Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.8

1. Featured Interview

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brentwood, TN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CBS Interactive (Brentwood, TN) in April 2017.

Interview

I've had the best interview process with CBS Interactive. My recruiter reached out to me the next day after I submitted my application, and she was very prompt on scheduling my interviews. The whole process took around 3 weeks. The interview process consisted of 3 stages: a phone screen with a recruiter, a technical phone screen with a manager, and a technical on-site interview with a manager and several other interviewers. They were also extremely helpful in preparing me for each step in the interviewing process. It was a really great experience.

Interview Questions

• There were couple of short coding questions to make sure you actually know how to code.   1 Answer

Associate Producer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at CBS Interactive (New York, NY) in June 2017.

Interview

Contacted on LinkedIn, they asked me if I wanted an interview. Then they said they would get back to me after a week. A week and half passed, so I bothered them about it. They wanted a second interview with the Producer, and they asked for an assignment immediately afterwards. Sent me a no a few days after.

Writer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CBS Interactive.

Interview

A hiring manager reached out t me via email and we scheduled an interview for two days later. The interview was a video chat held on Google Hangout. It started by brief introductions. Interviewer asked me to tell him a little about my current positions, asked a few specifics, and then asked if I had any questions. It was really short and not at all what I was expecting. It wasn't your typical interview - I was only asked 3 questions and then it was opened up for me to ask questions. The interviewer was very nice and willing to answer everything that I asked. All in all, it lasted about 20 minutes. He told me that the hiring manager would be in contact with me.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burbank, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CBS Interactive (Burbank, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

The hiring process was long compared to other companies. Considering this is a bigger corporation, I was not surprised. I applied for the job in Feb and did not get a call for the HR screen until March. Once the HR screen happened, the process sped up quickly. I went through 2 phone interviews before being scheduled for an in person interview. The in person interview happened after 1 week from the 2nd phone interview. The in person interview as quite long and they're upfront with that from the beginning. Minimally, they need 2 hours of your time. 2 - 30 min interviews with separate people. Then it's 1 hour of a panel. My panel consisted of 5 people and we took the whole hour to discuss.

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between Scrum Master and Project Manager?   Answer Question

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CBS Interactive.

Interview

Pretty straight forward. Just know why you're interested in the role, how you manage multiple tasks and digital advertising buzz words. I had an initial phone interview and scheduled an on site interview shortly after. I interviewed with two other managers and interview was average. After a couple weeks and emails later, i received a call for the offer!

Interview Questions

• -What is an impression? KPI?
      -How do you deal with different personalities, more specially, sales people?
      -How do you meet multiple deadlines/prioritize?   Answer Question

Project Manager/Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at CBS Interactive (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

I applied for the job online and a week later I had a HR screening, then 3 days later I proceeded to a phone panel with 3 people (2 managers and a project manager), then 2 weeks later I was scheduled to proceed to a 3 hour in-person interview with 5 people (3 managers, 1 director, 1 VP), then was given a weekend assignment by VP immediately after the interview, and was finally offered the job 2 weeks later. Overall, I think the entire process took about 2 months from when I first submitted my application.

Most of the questions they asked me were things like "How good are your Excel skills?", "How well do you know basic code? (e.g. HTML)", "Tell me about a time you ran a meeting and presented information to Execs.", "Tell me what you know about digital media and advertising.", "How do you prioritize projects when you have many things due at the same time?"

Interview Questions

• What do you know about AdWords, Facebook Advertising, Taboola, or Outbrain?   Answer Question

Data Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at CBS Interactive in March 2017.

Interview

I got a phone interview with CBS interactive HR person through insight global. After the call, insight global called me said I did well for the phone interview and would like to have my ss# and date of birth on their system. And told me that I should expect a technical interview soon. So I gave my info to them but didn't hear anything back. If I didn't get hired, why would you take my info?

CBSi Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CBS Interactive (San Francisco, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

I was first contacted for a phone interview with the entire department, then contacted for a final round interview at their office in SF, with three managers from the intended department.

First-round interview questions were fairly easy but final-round interview questions were a bit tricky in the sense that they wanted to get to know you and see if you were a fit for the team.

CNET Video Production Summer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at CBS Interactive (San Francisco, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

Was referred by a friend for this position. A week later, I was selected for a phone call interview, which was about 30 minutes. Another week later, I was scheduled for a group google hangout interview.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about CNET?
      What is a creative project you'd bring to CNET?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CBS Interactive (New York, NY) in February 2017.

Interview

It was pretty normal. There were a few steps in the process. The first was a phone interview then a skype interview and eventually in person. The interview wasn't too difficult and very fair.

Interview Questions

• What have you done that is relevant to this position?   1 Answer