CBS Interactive Interview Questions | Glassdoor

CBS Interactive Interview Questions

Interviews at CBS Interactive

2.7

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CBS Interactive in July 2020.

Interview

Have never experienced this level of ghosting before. The recruiter informed me she will get back after talking to the hiring manager. I followed up for 3 weeks and got responses like no feedback yet every-time after which I quit the chase. Suddenly after a week I got a mail to schedule an interview with the Manager. This interview was again uncomfortable, the manager did not have a look at the resume and started asking questions outside my work experience. At the end of the interview he asked me if I had experience in the domain and I told him no, also why it is not on my resume. A humble request, please read a candidate's resume before asking questions.

Interview Questions

• How do you achieve synchronization in distributed systems.   Answer Question

Jul 31, 2020 – Talent Acquisition

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We strive to make the interview process as easy and as comfortable as possible for any candidate. The Talent Acquisition team will review your feedback.

Search Audience Acquisition Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at CBS Interactive in June 2020.

Interview

the overall interview process took more than a month and there was a recruiter call, then a hiring manager interview, followed by an assignment and presentation (final round). What I didn't appreciate was asking for 5 whole references to multiple people. My references put in a lot of effort to give me these references so thought it was pretty unprofessional to ask before an offer was made, which is what i've usually seen happen. Think it'd definitely be worthy to change that process.

Interview Questions

• A lot of the interview questions were based on past expereinces and resume. The presentation and excel assignment I provided also was a crucial part of the questions.   Answer Question

Jul 24, 2020 – Talent Acquisition

Thank you for taking the time to leave this review. We truly appreciate you sharing your experience with us about the recruitment process and references. We're sorry to hear that you were negatively impacted by the process. Our Talent Acquisition team is always looking for ways that we can improve our procedures and will take your feedback into consideration.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CBS Interactive (New York, NY) in February 2020.

Interview

Phone Interview
    Spoke with hiring manager who sounded bored and uninterested even though she mentioned I had an impressive resume. She seemed intimidated by my resume and kept mentioning being over qualified. I wondered why I was shortlisted if that was an issue.

PR Coordinator Interview

Interview

Talked to a recruiter who was really nice and helped explain the company well while also seemed engaged in myself. She answered all my questions and was helpful and responsive throughout the whole process

Marketing Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CBS Interactive.

Interview

I wish I had read the other interview reviews before agreeing to start interviewing at this company. It seems to be a very common practice for CBS Interactive to ghost you at some point during your interview process. It's a poor way to treat people who are excited about potentially going to work at your company. Why even start the process if you don't have any intention of following through? At the very least send a generic email follow up so that you aren't leaving people hanging.

Interview Questions

CBS Interactive Response

Dec 19, 2019 – Communications Manager

Thank you for your feedback about what you experienced when interviewing with CBS Interactive. We strive to effectively and efficiently communicate with candidates and we want to hear about those times that we may have missed the mark. If you are interested, we encourage you to send an email to talent-acquisition@cbsinteractive.com with more details about your experience with our application process.

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CBS Interactive.

Interview

First round over the phone interview, went casually and talked about self and resume. Told that I was to move on to the next round but never contacted after that.

Software Engineer, Backend Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at CBS Interactive (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Recruiter reached out via LinkedIn for a mid-level position. Pay initially discussed was way less for CA standards.
    1st technical phone screen. 2nd 2 technical video interviews with managers on hiring team. They asked for questions about technologies like Spring Boot, Java, REST APIs. Know your basics!
    However after the 2nd round, recruiter reached out saying they want to fill the position with a senior engineer (having 5+ years of Spring experience).
    The hiring team should be clear on expectations from candidate, their experience based on resume and job description when interviewing as the candidate's time is valuable also.

Interview Questions

• Spring Boot, REST API, Java related questions (Basics and design related)   Answer Question

Sep 30, 2019 – Senior Technical Talent Acquisition Partner

Thank you for providing your feedback. At CBSi, we have a commitment to the candidate experience as well as every person's time and interest in exploring employment opportunities within CBS Interactive! CBSi is always looking to improve the candidate experience and your comment will be addressed so that we can continue to make the overall experience a positive one for any and all candidates.

Marketing Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at CBS Interactive.

Interview

I applied online, was reached out to by a recruiter and even had an initial screen call, but after that everything went radio silent. I was let know that while I was still a candidate, the process had become delayed and was "taking longer than we had anticipated". The HR recruiter then stopped communicating overall, and no timeline was given as to when the process may be completed. In my entire career, I've never encountered a more broken, disjointed and otherwise unprofessional process as the one currently in place at CBS interactive. From what I've heard about CBSi, it's not uncommon for recruiters to miss their own internal deadlines and the only time they speed up the process is when they are extremely desperate to fill a position.

Network Reliability Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at CBS Interactive.

Interview

I applied online. I had 4 video interviews over a period of one month. All of them were technical interviews. They took a long time to give me a result (reject)

Interview Questions

• Most of the questions were related to my previous work ad resume.   Answer Question

Marketing Manager Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at CBS Interactive.

Interview

One phone screening (with a fantastic recruiter) onto two in-person interviews at the office and then two more video interviews with other members of the team and leadership.

Ghosted after almost 3 hours of interviews. Remarkably disrespectful. Don't expect anything special from CBS Interactive.