CBS Interactive Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.7

Sort:
  1. Featured Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brentwood, TN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CBS Interactive (Brentwood, TN) in April 2017.

Interview

I've had the best interview process with CBS Interactive. My recruiter reached out to me the next day after I submitted my application, and she was very prompt on scheduling my interviews. The whole process took around 3 weeks. The interview process consisted of 3 stages: a phone screen with a recruiter, a technical phone screen with a manager, and a technical on-site interview with a manager and several other interviewers. They were also extremely helpful in preparing me for each step in the interviewing process. It was a really great experience.

Interview Questions

• There were couple of short coding questions to make sure you actually know how to code.   1 Answer

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at CBS Interactive (San Francisco, CA) in December 2009.

Interview

I had phone interview at first. Then I got a follow up with one and one interview. The manager did called all my references to verify. I then got schedule for an interview. It was almost 5 hours. Got interviewed by the Director of Software Engineering, QA team and QA manager. They asked about how would I test a glass, an apple, Java questions and SQL questions.

Interview Questions

• Ask about how to test an apple. Some basic java questions. Mysql questions   Answer Question

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at CBS Interactive (Portland, OR) in April 2012.

Interview

There was a phone interview where I was asked some basic computer science stuff.
    mostly basic multi-threading and object oriented questions

The interview took 4 hours, I was interviewed by 4 engineers where they had me solve various problems
    example: design a DB, and then write queries to it. design a OO system for a problem, do some basic data structure stuff, and some Big O questions.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CBS Interactive.

Interview

I had one phone screen which was just asking about my interest and took 15 minutes. Then I went to the Portland office to do the interview. There were three people interviewing me. First one was a coding interview with very common coding questions such as designing stack and queue. How to reverse string and so on. Second was general question about their current problem. Third interview was with manager and it was behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• How to find a loop in a sigle linked list.   1 Answer

Interview

Initial communication through HR rep, followed by Interview by dept head. Afterwards, offer and negotiation.

Interview Questions

• Fairly standard - the particulars of this job called for an uncommon blend of experience, so combining that information was a challenge.   Answer Question

Negotiation

base offer was 33% less than i wanted. negotiation resulted in my gaining nearly all of that difference.

Associate Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at CBS Interactive (Louisville, KY) in April 2012.

Interview

Met people at a job fair and got called in for an interview the next week. Took about 1-2 weeks for them to get back to me.

During the interview process they asked me general HTML, CSS, and Javascript questions that progressively got harder. This was not to try and weed me out so much as it was to gauge where my abilities were and if I was willing to admit that I didn't know the answer to a question. When they came across a question I didn't know they would try and coax the answer out of me in order to see if I could make the logical connections and arrive at an answer. When I flat out just didn't know the answer and couldn't be lead to one they asked how I would go about finding out the answer.

After the initial interview it took about 2-3 weeks, as they were interviewing other people from the job fair, for them to get back to me. They offered me the job and gave me a week to respond. I took the week as I was waiting on a few other job opportunities to make their offers. They did and I chose CBS Interactive and I'm so glad that I did.

I haven't regretted a day that i have worked there. It's the kind of job that I don't dread going to when I wake up in the morning and it's always interesting so the time absolutely flies by.

Interview Questions

• It was a long time ago so I don't remember the actual question, but I do remember it dealt with javascript (my weakest subject). During the first few weeks of my employment they threw javascript problems at me. Kind of a throw you into the deep end and see if you can swim kind of experience. I'll say that since that happened i'm much better at javascript than i used to be.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Their offer was way better than all of the other offers I got so I didn't negotiate anything.

Associate Producer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at CBS Interactive (New York, NY) in July 2014.

Interview

In order to be an AP at CBSN we had to take a writing test, do a one-on-one interview with the Executive Producer. You should also be able to talk about your control room and news room experience.

Associate Producer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at CBS Interactive (New York, NY) in June 2017.

Interview

Contacted on LinkedIn, they asked me if I wanted an interview. Then they said they would get back to me after a week. A week and half passed, so I bothered them about it. They wanted a second interview with the Producer, and they asked for an assignment immediately afterwards. Sent me a no a few days after.

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at CBS Interactive (San Francisco, CA) in April 2010.

Interview

Phone screen followed by in person ineterviews.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no room for negotiation.

Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at CBS Interactive (Louisville, KY) in May 2010.

Interview

My interview was pretty laid back. I was asked a few general programming questions and general interview style questions (i.e., Where do you see yourself in 5 years). No coding questions were asked.

Interview Questions

• Wasn't really anything that difficult asked in my interview   Answer Question

Negotiation

Wasn't really given a chance to negotiate. It was essentially a take it or leave it situation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at CBS Interactive (New York, NY) in May 2008.

Interview

Phone interviewed before going on site. One day interview at their offices in NY. Coding challenge that was trivial -- I also had to present on any subject i wanted, several questions were asked afterwards. Technical interview was easy (C++, SQL, Pel). For C++, reading "effective C++" by Meyers suffices, Perl stuff was pretty easy too, so was SQL.