CBS Interactive Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 28, 2017

2.8

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burbank, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CBS Interactive (Burbank, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

The hiring process was long compared to other companies. Considering this is a bigger corporation, I was not surprised. I applied for the job in Feb and did not get a call for the HR screen until March. Once the HR screen happened, the process sped up quickly. I went through 2 phone interviews before being scheduled for an in person interview. The in person interview happened after 1 week from the 2nd phone interview. The in person interview as quite long and they're upfront with that from the beginning. Minimally, they need 2 hours of your time. 2 - 30 min interviews with separate people. Then it's 1 hour of a panel. My panel consisted of 5 people and we took the whole hour to discuss.

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between Scrum Master and Project Manager?   Answer Question

Digital Sales Planner Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CBS Interactive.

Interview

Pretty straight forward. Just know why you're interested in the role, how you manage multiple tasks and digital advertising buzz words. I had an initial phone interview and scheduled an on site interview shortly after. I interviewed with two other managers and interview was average. After a couple weeks and emails later, i received a call for the offer!

Interview Questions

• -What is an impression? KPI?
      -How do you deal with different personalities, more specially, sales people?
      -How do you meet multiple deadlines/prioritize?
      Answer Question

Project Manager/Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at CBS Interactive (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

I applied for the job online and a week later I had a HR screening, then 3 days later I proceeded to a phone panel with 3 people (2 managers and a project manager), then 2 weeks later I was scheduled to proceed to a 3 hour in-person interview with 5 people (3 managers, 1 director, 1 VP), then was given a weekend assignment by VP immediately after the interview, and was finally offered the job 2 weeks later. Overall, I think the entire process took about 2 months from when I first submitted my application.

Most of the questions they asked me were things like "How good are your Excel skills?", "How well do you know basic code? (e.g. HTML)", "Tell me about a time you ran a meeting and presented information to Execs.", "Tell me what you know about digital media and advertising.", "How do you prioritize projects when you have many things due at the same time?"

Interview Questions

• What do you know about AdWords, Facebook Advertising, Taboola, or Outbrain?   Answer Question

CNET Video Production Summer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at CBS Interactive (San Francisco, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

Was referred by a friend for this position. A week later, I was selected for a phone call interview, which was about 30 minutes. Another week later, I was scheduled for a group google hangout interview.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about CNET?
      What is a creative project you'd bring to CNET?
      1 Answer

CBSi Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CBS Interactive (San Francisco, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

I was first contacted for a phone interview with the entire department, then contacted for a final round interview at their office in SF, with three managers from the intended department.

First-round interview questions were fairly easy but final-round interview questions were a bit tricky in the sense that they wanted to get to know you and see if you were a fit for the team.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CBS Interactive (New York, NY) in February 2017.

Interview

It was pretty normal. There were a few steps in the process. The first was a phone interview then a skype interview and eventually in person. The interview wasn't too difficult and very fair.

Interview Questions

• What have you done that is relevant to this position?   1 Answer

Revenue Optimization Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

Interview

The interview process was rather lengthy, taking 2 months in total with 8 interviews (4 phone, and 4 in person). The interviews themselves weren't too difficult - phone interviews were standard, and the in-person interviews were pretty relaxed and more focused on whether you'd fit with the culture. After completing the first 7 interviews, I completed an excel test and background check, and the final interview was focused on answering any last questions before sending out an offer.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your experience in resolving conflict among team members.   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burbank, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CBS Interactive (Burbank, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

The interview process was too long and included too many people.

Round 1 - Recruiter (Initial Phone Screen)
    Round 2 - Phone screen w/ hiring manager
    Round 3 - Face-to-face interview with the hiring manager and 3 members of the team (Trial/Working Session)
    Round 4 - Video conference with a key stakeholder.
    Round 5 - Video conference with the hiring manager.
    Round 6 - Video conference with the Senior Director of IT
    Round 7 - Video conference with the VP of Engineering

In order for me to attend all of these interviews, I had to be very flexible to accommodate everyone's schedule. It is obvious that CBSI takes their hiring process seriously, but I hope they find a better way to do it without having to create more stress and anxiety for the candidates. I hope I never have to go through this again.

Interview Questions

• What's the difference between a project plan and a WBS?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at CBS Interactive in January 2017.

Interview

Had one phone interview scheduled after a recruiter contacted me. Afterwards, interviewer asked me to do a writing sample (~800 word article) on technology reviewing. Heard back about 4 weeks later, by then I completely thought there was no way I'd get an offer, but I did!

News Editor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CBS Interactive (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

Standard interviews, first with HR over the phone, then with potential supervisors in-person. In-person interview concluded with 60-90 min exam. First part was a trivia test to rate knowledge of current events/famous figures and organizations. This was followed by test to check ability to synthesize news stories into headlines, Twitter and Facebook posts. Finally, was asked to write a 500-word news story based on wire copy.

Interview Questions

• Had not been told about the trivia/writing/editing quiz.   Answer Question