CBS Interactive Interview Questions in San Francisco, CA | Glassdoor

2.9

37 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

CNET Video Production Summer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at CBS Interactive (San Francisco, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

Was referred by a friend for this position. A week later, I was selected for a phone call interview, which was about 30 minutes. Another week later, I was scheduled for a group google hangout interview.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about CNET?
      What is a creative project you'd bring to CNET?   1 Answer

CBSi Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CBS Interactive (San Francisco, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

I was first contacted for a phone interview with the entire department, then contacted for a final round interview at their office in SF, with three managers from the intended department.

First-round interview questions were fairly easy but final-round interview questions were a bit tricky in the sense that they wanted to get to know you and see if you were a fit for the team.

Revenue Optimization Analyst Interview

Application

Interview

The interview process was rather lengthy, taking 2 months in total with 8 interviews (4 phone, and 4 in person). The interviews themselves weren't too difficult - phone interviews were standard, and the in-person interviews were pretty relaxed and more focused on whether you'd fit with the culture. After completing the first 7 interviews, I completed an excel test and background check, and the final interview was focused on answering any last questions before sending out an offer.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your experience in resolving conflict among team members.   Answer Question

Digital Sales Planner Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at CBS Interactive (San Francisco, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

- Speedy
    - Great Follow-up from the Recruiters
    - Communication was excellent

Received a call from the recruiter on a Thursday and had the interview the same day Phone screen was standard, so make sure you have your 5-minute intro down and ready to go. Went in for an in-person interview the following week and sat with managers of the department. They asked a few questions but the interview will be lead by you. After the interview, the recruiter will keep you in the loop in regards to the next steps. Communication was generally conducted through E-mails & phones. Overall, I greatly appreciated and enjoyed the entire process.

Interview Questions

• How do you organize your priorities and handle situations during times of urgency?   Answer Question

Digital Sales Planner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CBS Interactive (San Francisco, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

I applied through a University portal and about a month later or so I got a random phone call at 7pm asking if I wanted to do a phone interview the next day. After the phone interview, I was contacted to do an in-person interview. The people who interviewed were the team leaders and they asked the typical questions any interviewer would ask. It was supposed last for at least an hour, but it only went for 30 minutes. But for the most part they were nice and gave me a tour of their facilities.

Interview Questions

• They pretty much asked the typical questions like how did you find about this role, tell me a little about yourself, why do you want to work at CBS Interactive, describe a time when you had to cope with stress, etc   Answer Question

Account Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at CBS Interactive (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Applied online and received a call a week later. Had one phone interview with HR and was asked to come in to meet the team. Had one round of 3 back-to-back in-person interviews.

Interview Questions

• Basic questions like why should we hire you? why do you want to work at CBSi?   Answer Question

Account Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at CBS Interactive (San Francisco, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

3 round interview process. First interview was with an Account Executive - asked behavioral questions with some technical advertising sales questions. Second interview was with a Director of West Coast Sales. Similar questions to the first round. Last round was a presentation via skype that was to show how I would make a great fit for the role.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you worked under stress   1 Answer

Senior Web Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at CBS Interactive (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

First interview happened on the phone. Then a week later, an in-person interview commenced. I was interviewed by several people in the team; one after the other; the process took about 2 hours. This was mostly to get a feel of me and my compatibility with the team.

I came in with my laptop, to show my previous projects I've done using several required programs. I then explained to each of them how I went about designing, and building each of my projects. They asked questions and I answered them according to their specialized skill.

Overall, the process and interview was well done; it was extensive, but was rewarding at the end of the day.

Interview Questions

• What's your experience with HTML5, JavaScript, and CSS?   Answer Question

Senior Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at CBS Interactive (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

very easy, asked simple questions about why CBS, simple analytical questions, nothing earth shattering. HR reached out after I applied through LinkedIn. Did a phone screen with the hiring manager, then another phone interview with the department head, and finally an on-site with three people. Senior management did a great job hiding the extremely political nature of the culture.

Accounting Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at CBS Interactive (San Francisco, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

It took about a few weeks to get a call back from CBSi and I passed the first round interview which was a phone one. Then I got invited to go on site for the 2nd interview it. It was alot of questions getting to know you and some things like why CBSi? Some behavioral questions too.