CBS Interactive Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Find jobs for Software Engineer

CBS Interactive Software Engineer Interview Questions

11 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at CBS Interactive (San Francisco, CA) in April 2010.

Interview

Phone screen followed by in person ineterviews.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no room for negotiation.

Other Interview Reviews for CBS Interactive

Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at CBS Interactive (Louisville, KY) in May 2010.

Interview

My interview was pretty laid back. I was asked a few general programming questions and general interview style questions (i.e., Where do you see yourself in 5 years). No coding questions were asked.

Interview Questions

• Wasn't really anything that difficult asked in my interview   Answer Question

Negotiation

Wasn't really given a chance to negotiate. It was essentially a take it or leave it situation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at CBS Interactive (New York, NY) in May 2008.

Interview

Phone interviewed before going on site. One day interview at their offices in NY. Coding challenge that was trivial -- I also had to present on any subject i wanted, several questions were asked afterwards. Technical interview was easy (C++, SQL, Pel). For C++, reading "effective C++" by Meyers suffices, Perl stuff was pretty easy too, so was SQL.

Anonymous Employee in Bridgewater, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at CBS Interactive (Bridgewater, NJ) in May 2015.

Interview

Two rounds .First round was a telephonic .Was asked questions about linux command and web technologies.was also asked http codes and MVC architecture.

The second round was a video conference round and was first asked to display and explain the web portal which I created and also explain the in detail the web services used for the application development.

Received the result same day in the evening.The manager mentioned by pay and the travel allowance I would be getting.

Overall the interview was very smooth and the whole process was over within a day

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CBS Interactive (San Francisco, CA) in May 2012.

Interview

Fairly straight forward questions. Initial remote programming test, followed by 4 onsite interviews. Took them 2 days to extend an offer. REMOTE PROGRAMMING TEST consisted of a real world scenario to design, code up a solution. HR and hiring managers are quick and efficient

Interview Questions

• Basic MySql questions, sql injection, java questions. find the maximum number in a given int array.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at CBS Interactive (San Francisco, CA) in November 2012.

Interview

The interview process was lengthy, in all took around a month to complete all steps. There was an initial interview with the manager. Followed by a team interview with a technical aspect. And finally an interview with the director.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at CBS Interactive (New York, NY) in April 2015.

Interview

Had a telephonic interview. Had a series of technical questions on data structures and algorithms. After that was asked a lot about Http and Linux. Then had an onsite interview of 4 rounds. Included white board exercise. Later on behavioral. Followed by a lunch interview. Last was with Manager and was more of design problem. Was done till mid day.

Interview Questions

• Asked to design an API layer for Pizza ordering system.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Brentwood, TN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CBS Interactive (Brentwood, TN) in April 2017.

Interview

I've had the best interview process with CBS Interactive. My recruiter reached out to me the next day after I submitted my application, and she was very prompt on scheduling my interviews. The whole process took around 3 weeks. The interview process consisted of 3 stages: a phone screen with a recruiter, a technical phone screen with a manager, and a technical on-site interview with a manager and several other interviewers. They were also extremely helpful in preparing me for each step in the interviewing process. It was a really great experience.

Interview Questions

• There were couple of short coding questions to make sure you actually know how to code.   1 Answer

Software Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at CBS Interactive in March 2016.

Interview

I went through two rounds of interviews. One was a phone screen with the hiring manager and the other was a Skype interview with two engineers on the team. Both instances questioned me about my experience, projects, and past positions. A majority of the interview was behavioral. The technical side of things was basic (but essential, of course).

Software Engineer Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at CBS Interactive in April 2011.

Interview

pretty technical interview, lasted one hour.