CBS Interview Questions | Glassdoor

CBS Interview Questions

Updated Dec 10, 2017

2.7

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CBS.

Interview

They set up a phone interview and cancel a few minutes before. This company does not value people's time. After that experience I knew working for this company was a bad idea.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for this company?   1 Answer

Talent Acquisition Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at CBS (New York, NY) in October 2017.

Interview

I applied online for this role. I received an email to complete a digital interview a couple weeks later. The digital interview was about 10 minutes and it video recorded your response to each question and it was timed as well. You had one chance to redo if you wanted to. A week or two later, I received an email for a phone interview. It was very basic questions and was short. I was expecting to hear back and I didn't until I reached out and was told they moved on with other candidates.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at CBS.

Interview

Brief interview process, two rounds of interviews, both behavioral and technical in content. Met with the Head of HR, group director, and an analyst. All around good process, did not compensate for travel to the interview.

Human Resources Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CBS (Minneapolis, MN).

Interview

The process was unorganized from the start. Face to face interview with Shannon and then a couple months later a phone screen with HRBP from St. Louis. Never heard back after being told would be contacted. Didn't sound like there were formal development opportunities in place once in the company as it operates as an independent segment of the overall CBS business.

News Apprentice Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Studio City, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CBS (Studio City, CA).

Interview

Applied for the position and got an interview after a couple months. My interview was fairly easy, a broadcast writing test was involved. They ended up picking someone else for the position though. It was a really competitive applicant pool

Anonymous Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at CBS.

Interview

applied online, heard back via phone call about a month later to come in for an interview. told me they were hiring 8 out of 29 interviews. Process itself was very simple, seemed like they were just looking for candidates that they could work with rather than were the most qualified. Standard questions, looked over resume but didn't ask anything in depth.

Production Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hollywood, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at CBS (Hollywood, CA).

Interview

Subutted resume and was contacted by the supervisor of that department. Was interviewed by the same person who called. Waited a few weeks and now I work there. The people I met were all very nice and helpful. The supervisor was very nice and direct at the same time.

CBS Page Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at CBS (New York, NY) in April 2017.

Interview

I applied through a referral and heard back from recruiter in a week. I was told interviews would be in a week but didn't receive confirmation for over a month. Interview itself was a group interview (5 candidates being interviewed by one person) but everyone gets fair time to talk. They just throw the question out and whoever jumps on it first answers first. Questions were very straightforward interview questions. Written portion following group interview with 3 questions: why do you want to work at CBS, name a time you had an issue at work and how you handled it, and what can you bring to the position. Don't forget to bring your printed application! Didn't hear back again for 5 weeks after interview and was told they wouldn't be needing anyone until September.

Production Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at CBS (New York, NY) in April 2017.

Interview

The hiring process was fairly simple, but there was a long wait from the time I sent my resume and cover letter to the point where I was contacted about an interview. The interview was nonthreatening and took place over skype because of distance. I wasn't asked about my qualifications, but was mainly told about the position and asked if that was something I was interested in doing.

Interview Questions

• Do you know your way around the city.   1 Answer

Post Production Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at CBS (New York, NY) in April 2017.

Interview

The interview was in the style of a tour of the offices and studios of cbs, where I saw the different offices and the areas where I would be working as well as where the shows are taped. It did not take very long but was a very relaxed interview style. The overall experience of the interview was very beneficial to me.

Interview Questions

• What is my experience with working on a show production?   Answer Question