CBS Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 21, 2017

2.7

Production Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hollywood, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at CBS (Hollywood, CA).

Interview

Subutted resume and was contacted by the supervisor of that department. Was interviewed by the same person who called. Waited a few weeks and now I work there. The people I met were all very nice and helpful. The supervisor was very nice and direct at the same time.

Human Resources Position Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at CBS.

Interview

I had 4 interviews with different recruiters and a HM. I spent a lot of time preparing and sending work samples. After the 4th interview, they called me to set-up an in person interview; and then I never heard back and they never had the courtesy to send me a follow-up email with a rejection. they just left me hanging.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your experience?   1 Answer

Late Show Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at CBS (New York, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

I applied online for the summer internship program. I heard back a few weeks later to schedule a short phone interview. The person I talked to was almost 10 minutes late in calling, and since I was at work and had made that known prior, it was very unprofessional on their part. The interviewer didn't really ask any questions that I found pertinent, and focused more on my interests/hobbies. At one point they asked what sports team is my favorite, it really came out of nowhere. I had the feeling they didn't have much experience in interviewing.

I heard back a few days ago and found out that I was not accepted into the internship. I feel that's largely because I wasn't given the opportunity to describe my background and work ethic.

Analyst Interview

Interview

The interview was very cordial with basic behavioral questions. All in all it lasted 30 mins with not much engagement or follow up after each question. CBS seems like they would be a good company to gain experience from.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of a time when something you tried to accomplish and failed.   Answer Question

Traffic Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at CBS (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

Via Skype not hard, typical questions, make sure you have questions of your own. Never had a skype interview before but I liked it. The questions were not overly hard.

Interview Questions

• Why haven't I moved up by now?   1 Answer

Payroll Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at CBS (New York, NY).

Interview

I submitted my application and received a call within a week. I went in to meet with the employer for my first interview. i got another call for a second interview the next week where I was offered the position.

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CBS (Atlanta, GA) in January 2017.

Interview

I applied online and then was invited for a video interview which I recorded and sent in myself. You have time to plan your answer and re-do the answer a couple of times before sending it in

Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at CBS (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Was contacted by a recruiter. Had initial phone screening - mostly basic questions, and resume walk through. After around three weeks was invited to visit the company. This was for a mid level sales and business development position. Went for interview at the office, that took around 4 hours, had five interviews. I didn't take the offer because I wanted to join a smaller company, other than that i thought it is a good employer.

Digital Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burbank, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at CBS (Burbank, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

Long wait and a short interview who looked like they didn't know what they were looking at over my portfolio. How do you get to this point and not have looked at it beforehand or know what it is you're looking for. A complete waste of my time and resources.

Interview Questions

• Where is this? (referring to a photo)   1 Answer

Finance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Monica, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at CBS (Santa Monica, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

call in, have interview with 2 managers and they ask you a lot. They tend to make a comfortable environment for interview and they are great. The office seemed nice and people were welcoming. Could not get an offer but I wish I had.