CBS Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at CBS

2.7

Sort:

Associate Producer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CBS.

Interview

Phone interview process. Spoke with a recruiter for CBS over the phone. Asked very difficult questions. Didn't seem to care that I am already a freelancer for the company and that has worked there for nearly a year.

Associate Producer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at CBS (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

Applied online and got a call from HR about a week later to talk about the position and set up an interview. I interviewed with the same person that week and from there they asked if I had time to sit with two of the department's producers. After interviewing with them, they asked if I had time to sit with the SVP. The process on a whole was pretty lax, conversational and not too rigid and confrontational like most interviews can be. Just be sure to know little intricacies of your resume and YOUR involvement. They are not fans of the word "we."

Software Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at CBS (San Francisco, CA) in March 2013.

Interview

Pretty relaxed compared to others; no real coding questions...It was pretty boring to be honest. It was also very short. I was surprised how little they needed from me to get the position.. Overall experience boring ... boring boring like my internship

Interview Questions

• What is your experience?
      How does your education relate to this?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I did not negotiate

Strategic Sourcing Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at CBS (New York, NY).

Interview

Submitted my resume online. Had an initial call with HR recruiter who recommended me for the position. Came in and met with three people from the team in person.

Staff Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CBS (New York, NY) in May 2016.

Interview

I went the company, and finance controller interviewed me. He's so nice, and gave me a cup of tea. And then we started to interview process. The whole process took 30 minutes, and very straightforward.

Cbs Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at CBS (New York, NY) in July 2015.

Interview

It was a group interview. The past interns were also there asking us questions. Small room. You have to take a grammar test and a test about the history of cbs. Know all cbs news within the last two weeks

Interview Questions

• What is your favorite movie?   1 Answer

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CBS.

Interview

Met with HR then head of the department. Interview questions were very generic. Was asked why do you want to work for the company? What's your strong and weakness? Through out the conversation, I did emphasize my passion in Media and what I know of current media/entertainment trend.

Analyst Interview

Interview

The interview was very cordial with basic behavioral questions. All in all it lasted 30 mins with not much engagement or follow up after each question. CBS seems like they would be a good company to gain experience from.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of a time when something you tried to accomplish and failed.   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at CBS (New York, NY) in January 2016.

Interview

This was a group interview with about 10 other candidates. We all sat around a table and answered questions based on our resumes and experience. Try to find ways to stand out since there will be multiple people interviewing along with you. We were also asked about current shows airing on CBS so be sure to know their programs.

Interview Questions

• What current news story would you produce a segment on?   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CBS in January 2016.

Interview

It was conducted through the hire vue app. A first but it was a simple process that allows you two takes at answering the question. After the app interview I was called for a phone interview which was refreshing to actually speak with someone during the interviewing process