CBS News Intern Interview Questions | Glassdoor

CBS News Intern Interview Questions

2.6

11 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CBS News (New York, NY) in June 2016.

Interview

I applied online a couple of days before the application deadline and received an interview request a week later. I asked for a Skype interview since I was away from New York. My interview was short (9 minutes), however, I was still able to thoroughly convey my interest and qualifications for the position. My interviewer made me feel very much at ease and asked me personalised questions. I am overall very pleased with the interview process at CBS News.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for CBS News

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at CBS News (New York, NY) in February 2016.

Interview

Straightforward. Wanted to get a sense of the candidates journalism experience and what is important to them when it comes to news. They also want to get a feel for what aspects of broadcast journalism the candidate is interested in or has the most experience in so that they can make recommendations for a specific department to be assigned to.

Interview Questions

• Where do you get your news?

Who hosts CBS Evening News?

Would you rather know a lot about a little or a little about a lot?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at CBS News (New York, NY) in October 2014.

Interview

Group interview. You are given two tests, one is on grammar and one is on CBS history and news. Read up before you go.The tests are hard. I wish I would have studied more.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at CBS News (New York, NY) in October 2014.

Interview

I submitted my application at a job fair to the Intern Coordinator. A couple of weeks later, I received an invitation to come in for an interview. Little did I know, it would be a group interview where there would be one interviewer and about 10 interviewees. There were two tests to take, a grammar test and a current events questionnaire (I scored pretty low on the grammar test, mind you). Then, the interviewer collected your packets (including the test, two recommendation letters, your resumé, and cover letter) then interview you each in front of the rest of the group one by one.

I think what's best would be to show how much you want to be there and talk about skills that you learned in prior experiences. There were a few people in my group (including myself) who did not have jobs in news before but were offered internship positions. So just be confident in yourself and in your skills!

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at CBS News.

Interview

First was a phone interview which did test knowledge about CBS, where do you get your news, etc. In person interview was more focused on individual projects and experience

Intern Interview

Interview

Met with HR director and 15 other candidates. Took 2 written tests then discussed current events

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at CBS News (Washington, DC).

Interview

Three phone interviews before offer, about a month between them. Operates as rolling acceptance--I finished the hiring process before the formal deadline to apply even passed, so apply early.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at CBS News (New York, NY) in November 2011.

Interview

I saw the internship coordinator at my college's job fair and gave her my resume directly. Less than a month later I got a phone call for an interview. It lasted under five minutes and asked pretty general questions.

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at CBS News (Washington, DC) in December 2010.

Interview

Interns are a different story with CBS, felt like they just hired anyone. Told them about my previous experiences in broadcasting and why I wanted to work for them. The hardest question was "who anchors the cbs evening news?" -- you'd be surprised how many people don't know that answer. The people who run the internship program are a little scattered (they have their own jobs too) and when you have a question it takes them a week or more to answer, just kind of frusterating.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at CBS News (New York, NY) in February 2010.

Interview

It was a phone interview with the internship coordinator. She asked resume and skill based questions as well as quiz questions about CBS News.

Interview Questions

• Who is the anchor of the CBS Evening News?   1 Answer