CBS Page Interview Questions | Glassdoor

CBS Page Interview Questions

Interviews at CBS

2.7

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at CBS (Los Angeles, CA) in March 2018.

Interview

I first interviewed with the HR contact for the Page Program on the phone, then she set up a date soon after to interview in person. I met with her in person and then I met with one of the Page Supervisors for another interview. I was offered the job a week and a half later. From then, my Page orientation was scheduled for 2.5 weeks later and then I officially started having shifts the following week.

Interview Questions

• What're some of your strengths and weaknesses?   Answer Question
  • Why are you interested in the Page Program?   Answer Question
  • What would you say to an audience member you had to turn away from a taping?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for CBS

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CBS (New York, NY) in June 2017.

Interview

I sat down in a room with 5 other people and the HR manager, she asked us questions and we could choose when we wanted to answer (could freely let somebody else answer first). I had a referral at the company and answered all the questions first (I had prepped for all the questions because I found most of the questions here on Glassdoor) but I still wasn't offered the job, unfortunately. They also gave us a little written portion which was super easy, required us doing some writing about simple topics. I honestly think that the only reason that I didn't get the job was because somebody else received a referral from higher in the company.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CBS (New York, NY).

Interview

First, there was a group interview. Candidates take turns answering questions to demonstrate why they should be hired. Next, is a written part where you state more about why you should be hired.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CBS (Los Angeles, CA) in April 2018.

Interview

It was a phone screen/ interview by someone in human resources for the CBS Page Program located in Los Angeles, CA. The page program is part time.

The interview seemed to be going well, but when she asked if I could work Monday through Thursday. I told the HR rep that I was currently employed part time and the days that I could work. The interview went downhill from there and the rep's tone changed to one of annoyance that I had wasted her time because they are only looking for employees who can work Monday through Thursday. She became condescending and stated if they ever needed someone with my availability they would contact me. I was thus not invited to an in person interview with the Page Program manager.

Page Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CBS.

Interview

It was a group interview. It was scary because it was my first but the interviewers were very hospitable. They asked lengthy questions and gave each person their time to speak. Then followed with a questionnaire.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you made a mistake and how did you rectify it?   1 Answer
    • What three words describe you best?   1 Answer
    • How do you go about meeting new people?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at CBS (New York, NY).

Interview

I emailed the hiring manager and received an interview request within a month. After a panel interview with about 7 other candidates. We were told that we may receive word in a few weeks to a month. There is no compensation for I televiewers traveling from out of town and the interviews are scheduled rather quickly.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

N/A

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at CBS (New York, NY) in February 2016.

Interview

It is a group interview, and you all take turns answering the interviewee's questions. Then there is a short writing portion. None of the questions were difficult, and they were all things you'd be asked in typically any interview. Don't let the fact that it is a "group" interview intimidate you. Everyone gets a fair chance to speak.

Interview Questions

• Q: Rate what you're most interested in (in order of 1, 2, 3) between Production, Business, Broadcasting and explain your reasoning.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CBS (New York, NY) in August 2016.

Interview

It was a group interview. 3 of us interviewed at the same time. I don't think this is a reliable way to learn enough about an individual candidate for the position. We were told we would hear by email if we did not get an offer, by phone if we did. I have not heard either way.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a little about yourself and where do you see yourself 10-20 years from now plus technical production questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at CBS (New York, NY) in April 2016.

Interview

I sent in my resume and cover letter and received an email back about 8 weeks later. I went in for an interview and they were basic questions ie. strengths and weaknesses

Interview Questions

• Name a time you had to overcome an obstacle at a previous job.   Answer Question

Page Interview

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at CBS in July 2010.

Interview

Must ask all the questions in 1:1 interview. They just kept asking if I had more questions.