CBS Radio Account Executive Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 22, 2017

2.6

22 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at CBS Radio (New York, NY) in June 2016.

Interview

Met with two different managers and then the GM and finally HR Director. Initial Conference call (two of those) and two in person meetings until making it to a third round.

Interview Questions

• If I was familiar with the properties at the company.. there was a client/account executive role play where the manager asked a few objections, so you had to demonstrate the ability to address and overcome those.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for CBS Radio

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at CBS Radio (Los Angeles, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

Very friendly and laid back. Discussed my previous work experience and my qualifications for being at CBS. Was extremely casual and open ended. We left it very brief but went through a bunch of different topics.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at CBS Radio (Baltimore, MD) in March 2016.

Interview

It was very relaxed and low key. Had a second interview set up but I decided to stay with the job I had. It was more like a conversation with an old friend. We were set up in a room that was like the size of a closet.

Interview Questions

• What is your prior experience?   1 Answer

Not enough money to leave the job I had.

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at CBS Radio.

Interview

The reality is that you either must have several current clients of CBS that you have successfully worked for in the past and or several current staff that are willing and able to speak very well of your work

Interview Questions

• What clients can you bring to the table   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at CBS Radio (Los Angeles, CA) in November 2015.

Interview

Lots of conversation. Seeing personality. Ability to speak in front of people. Research potential. Be prepared to pitch yourself in the same vein as you would to a potential client.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a prior successful campaign. Tell me about a time where you faced adversity.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at CBS Radio (Baltimore, MD) in July 2015.

Interview

Follow up phone call directly from the vice President and then face-to-face interview in the office. The interviewer was honest with me during the interview explaining thatshe didn't think I had what it took to be successful with their station. The honesty was refreshing since I didn't have to spend weeks wondering whether or not I got the job.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle selling such a multifaceted productline?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at CBS Radio (Washington, DC).

Interview

3 interviews ; 2 managers over coffee then in offices. simple and standard questions. just making sure you looked good and could present well. The sit back and wait for a decision which happened to take some time.

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at CBS Radio (Seattle, WA).

Interview

3 or four in person interviews with all levels of management. Not to difficult. Bring your A game for sure and be ready to talk about money and selling. Interviewed with the general sales manager, the VP, the DMS, and DOS. Get ready to talk about your sales experience and background.

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at CBS Radio.

Interview

Took me about 3 months to get hired here, but I saw a girl get hired in a day. Had one interview with the general sales manager, then the director of sales, then the GSM again. It was not a hard interview process at all, all they look for is confidence. So that is a must have in this line of work anyways.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Negotiate for a higher salary

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at CBS Radio (Dallas, TX) in August 2014.

Interview

You must apply online and the managers pull candidates from a pool so there will more than likely be overlapping interviews for each station. Lots of turn over especially at the music stations. They're mainly looking for pretty girls if they have no prior experience in the industry.

Interview Questions

• What are you currently reading?   1 Answer