CBS Radio Interview Questions in New York, NY | Glassdoor

2.6

13 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Digital Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CBS Radio (New York, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

Really informative, easy, and enjoyable. Had a great time meeting the team and learning about the position. Also got to see the layout of the company. Overall I had a really good time and I would recommend any of my friends to apply

Interview Questions

• How much experience do you have?   1 Answer

Promotions Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at CBS Radio (New York, NY) in August 2016.

Interview

the interview was fairly easy more informational. It was fairly easy process. it did take some time after the interview to hear back about the position. Not only this it took some time for hr to get everything processed.

Interview Questions

• what experiences do you have?   1 Answer

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at CBS Radio (New York, NY) in June 2016.

Interview

Met with two different managers and then the GM and finally HR Director. Initial Conference call (two of those) and two in person meetings until making it to a third round.

Interview Questions

• If I was familiar with the properties at the company.. there was a client/account executive role play where the manager asked a few objections, so you had to demonstrate the ability to address and overcome those.   Answer Question

Promotions Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at CBS Radio (New York, NY) in May 2016.

Interview

the hiring process took absolutely forever. After the interview, the director said that he would let us know who he chooses in 2 weeks. I send 2 follow ups and both were ignored. Took the man 6 and half weeks to respond.

Interview Questions

• tell me about your experience working with us for the past 2 years   Answer Question

Promotions Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at CBS Radio (New York, NY) in April 2015.

Interview

The interview process was quick and easy. We met face-to-face and interviewed for about twenty minutes with questions related to marketing and promotions. The forms of questions that were asked were not the generic interview type of questions. Instead questions that showed your creativity and that you were able to be ceative and think on the spot, which plays a huge role in promotions.

Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at CBS Radio (New York, NY) in January 2014.

Interview

It took 5 weeks and was very unorganized. I was supposed to meet with one person at 10 am. At almost 11 am, she came to the lobby and apologized that she couldn't see me because she had a meeting before and another one now. She pushed me off onto someone else on the department. He was extremely condescending and tried really hard to intimidate me. I then met with 3 other people in the department and was there for a total of 3 hours. A week later I met with HR and that interview was much smoother and more normal. I was told I would hear from them by the following Wednesday, as they had to expedite the hiring process. It wasn't until 3 weeks later that I received an offer from the company. I never received an official offer letter or anything in writing. I was informed via voicemail that they wanted me to start in 2 days. Fast forward to a few months later, and the managers wanted to hire an intern. They couldn't be bothered with interviewing this person, so they had me, their assistant, interview and hire the person. Very odd hiring process.

Interview Questions

• If your friends wanted to go to a new bar that just opened, but you wanted to go to the movies, what would you do?   Answer Question

CBS Sports Radio Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at CBS Radio (New York, NY) in August 2013.

Interview

Sent an Email in and got a response within a couple days to set up an interview. I learned that they take 8-10 interns a semester and only about 20 get interviews.

Interview Questions

• They acted like I got the job in the interview. They went over all the projects I would be working on and introduced me to everyone i would be working with. d   Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I interviewed at CBS Radio (New York, NY) in May 2013.

Interview

Pretty straightforward process. First you speak with HR and then go in for in person interviews. If you keep getting asked back you will eventually have to give a sales pitch.

Interview Questions

• Strength & weaknesses? Why radio? Tell me about your background. Give an example of success   Answer Question

Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CBS Radio (New York, NY).

Interview

Received a phone and in person interview. Interviewed with the hiring manager and ask about the basic questions. Overall it was a quick interview process.

WFAN Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at CBS Radio (New York, NY) in March 2013.

Interview

Brought in for one interview, lasted about an hour. not too difficult. more behavioral than anything else. good to familiarize yourself with WFAN programming beforehand. be enthusiastic and excited about joining CBS radio brand. having experience at your college radio station is definitely a plus. knowing how to use adobe audition would be nice too.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

It was an unpaid internship.