CCFA (Crohn's & Colitis Foundation) Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 25, 2017

2.5

Development Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at CCFA (Crohn's & Colitis Foundation) (Baltimore, MD).

Interview

I submitted my resume online. I was contacted to say that my salary requirement were higher than their budgeted range for the position and could I please give them my "real" salary requirements. I replied that my state requirements were very much real. They proceeded with the process anyway. a few weeks later there was an initial phone screen. Then an in-person interview was scheduled. I found the process pretty tedious since they gave me days and times within 48 hours and I was not able to make it. I accepted another time and the HR office did not confirm in time. Without her confirmation, I had no idea of knowing if the interviewer was expecting me, or even where the interview would be. Another interview was scheduled and as I was paying the parking meter I got a call to cancel. Again, an interview was scheduled. The offie was tiny and cluttered. The interview itself seemed disorganized. Possibly because in such a small space the only place available for an interview was the ED's office. But there wasn't enough room for everyone so I met with 3 people 2 at a time. I got the impression that there had been a lot of turn over in the position and that they possibly had some unrealistic goals. They also made it clear that even though the job was meeting with sponsors and donors I was expected to spend most of my time in the office. Frankly, I didn't even see where I might find workspace in the office aside from a table in the middle of the open room. There was only a couple of desks and they were already occupied.

Interview Questions

• They asked me what kind of appliance I would be.   1 Answer

Campaign Manager (Endurance Manager) Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at CCFA (Crohn's & Colitis Foundation).

Interview

I was emailed a few days after I applied online to have a video call to screen for the position. It all seemed very average until I was asked what I was paid in my last positions. Once she noticed that this position (even though the title of manager is much higher than my previous) paid significantly less than I anticipated she basically told me that I did not want this job and ended the interview promptly

Director Interview

Interview

two phone interviews, one face to face with board member and upper level management; it was very easy I felt like by the second interview I was actually leading it as opposed to the other way around The person that did the phone interview was over 28 minutes late in calling me.

Interview Questions

• What motivates you? What three things do you see as your biggest strengths? They ask a lot of questions about past events and volunteer development - be prepared to bring samples in   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at CCFA (Crohn's & Colitis Foundation) (New York, NY) in May 2015.

Interview

I applied for the job online, got an email couple weeks later for a skype interview, then went in for a in person interview. Got hired two days later. The process took about 3 weeks.

Interview Questions

• A lot of behavior questions.   1 Answer

Director of Stewardship & Development Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sheboygan, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at CCFA (Crohn's & Colitis Foundation) (Sheboygan, WI) in February 2015.

Interview

Board and personnel committee of approximately 8 individuals from different committees of organization.
    Second Interview was with Overall Leader 1:1
    Third was my follow up and finally a job offer with some negotiation involved.

Interview Questions

• Why they should choose me.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Friendly, respectful and agreeable.

Development Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at CCFA (Crohn's & Colitis Foundation) (Kansas City, MO) in February 2015.

Interview

Had one in person interview. Then came into the office to meet with the chapter. Then a week later I had a phone interview. Did't hear back for about 3 weeks that I got the job. Seemed like the entire process took and unnecessary amount of time. Asked to take time to think about the offer but was asked to make a decision on the spot probably because the process took so long, someone was certainly dragging their feet.

Human Resources Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at CCFA (Crohn's & Colitis Foundation) in May 2014.

Interview

Initially found job posted on and internship site, and i applied online. heard back in a matter of days via email, and we set up a phone interview. After being asked about my interest in the field and my past experience, we set up a time to meet in person. I was interviewed about a week later at their office. Got the offer a few days afterwards.

Development Assistant Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at CCFA (Crohn's & Colitis Foundation).

Interview

Started with a phone interview. The in-person interview was laid back. They wanted to make sure I was a go-getter and a hard worker.

Senior Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at CCFA (Crohn's & Colitis Foundation) (New York, NY) in January 2014.

Interview

Lengthy and involved more than 3 people. Had 2 rounds of in-person.
    Had to fly for one interview. Some staff are remote so they flew in for interviews.
    Did not meet local staff, just national staff throughout the process.
    Interviews were under 1 hour typically.

Interview Questions

• most were situation questions and required you to describe a specific instance.   Answer Question

CCFA Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CCFA (Crohn's & Colitis Foundation).

Interview

Quick response to my application with a phone interview. Two in person interviews. I started work about 10 days after submitting my application.

Interview Questions

• N/A the interview process was incredibly informal and relaxed. Felt much more conversational than most interviews I've been on. Do make sure you know about Crohn's Disease and ulcerative colitis however, and if you have a personal story to share which illustrates your connection to the cause be sure to share.   Answer Question

Negotiation

It was a contract temp position so there was not really any wiggle room. I accepted what they offered, and after three months went by, a full-time position opened up at the chapter and I took it.