CD Projekt RED Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.8

Interviews for Top Jobs at CD Projekt RED

Comic Illustrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Warsaw (Poland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CD Projekt RED (Warsaw (Poland)) in June 2016.

Interview

After my art test was accepted we set a first interview with the recruiter, art director and art producer. A second interview took place a few days after passed the first one, this time with the game director and HR specialist. The interview team was very warm and considerate and makes one feel totally comfortable and confident about working there.

Interview Questions

• What are your expectations about working in the company?
      What inspires you in regard of art?
      What are your positive and negative aspects of your working process?
      How do you deal with art blocks?
      How do you feel about sharing opinions with others?
      What are your expectations about your working environment?   Answer Question

Programmer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Warsaw (Poland)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at CD Projekt RED (Warsaw (Poland)) in April 2016.

Interview

There was 3 separate stages. The first of which required making a specific game within a week given certain criteria.

Next was a Skype compatibility interview where they were seeing whether you were a good fit into the team you would be joining. There was also a technical question or two in this one.

Thirdly, was an on-site interview (they pay for you to be flown over and for your accommodation, cabs etc). This interview was more centered around making sure that not only they felt you were a good candidate for the company as a whole, but that the company was also a good fit for you.

Artist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Warsaw (Poland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at CD Projekt RED (Warsaw (Poland)) in August 2015.

Interview

There were 2 skype interviews. One with HR, project producer and lead artist. Second with studio producer and Senior HR specialist. Nothing special. Standard questions about previous work experience, your strong and weak sides etc. Just to be sure that you are not a freak.

Interview Questions

• What did you do at your previous project?
      How did you made "this" or "that" in your test task?
      What is inspiring your creativity?
      How do you feel your strongest and weakest professional skills?
      Why did you leave previous company?
      What were your duties on the previous projects (2-3 prev. projects)?
      Did you hear about our company and what we are doing?   1 Answer

Business Development Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Warsaw (Poland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at CD Projekt RED (Warsaw (Poland)) in February 2015.

Interview

First of all it was three step interview process.

First step - telephone call
    Simple questions about my hobby, my education, my experience and short chat in English about games, technology and overall gamedev market.

Second step - first meeting
    During the meeting I've meet Junior HR Specialist, HR Specialist and my future boss Business Development Manager. Another overall questions about everything and nothing, and simple chat in english.

Third step - second meeting
    During second meeting I've meet one of the Board Members and again HR Specialst (same one from the first meeting).Again simple chat about everything and nothing.

Whole process took about 3-4 weeks.

Questions I've got are listed below.

Now they have modified whole recruting process on this position because they added some questions which you have to answer in your cover letter. Questions:

1. Why we should hire you?
    2. Why CD PROJEKT RED?
    3. What do you expect from us as an employer?
    4. What you can add to our team?

Artist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Warsaw (Poland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at CD Projekt RED (Warsaw (Poland)) in April 2012.

Interview

it was phone call after online application on company web site in internet, then it was classic one on one interview with recruiter. They ask for normal things like portfolio, former company and former projects in that company, then about software and skills. Absolutely default and normal. Easy. Office was far away from center, transport took an hour and half.

Negotiation

it was short and easy