CD-adapco Interview Questions | Glassdoor

CD-adapco Interview Questions

Senior Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at CD-adapco (Bellevue, WA) in April 2016.

Interview

Applied for the job online. Developed internal networking and got interview. Here were the steps:
    - Initial phone call with the hiring manager.
    - Schedule an one-to-one online interview with an hour presentation about previous project that I have done.
    - Invited for an onsite interview:
    + One hour presentation (almost same content as the previous online one) with two of the selected engineers of the team. Lots of detailed technical questions about your project! I was impressed by that.
    + One-to-one short 15 minutes meetings (about 7-8) with each senior engineer of the group. In these meetings they represent an overview of the type of work they are doing and interact with you to get an idea about you.
    + One-to-one meeting with the hiring manager.

Interview Questions

• - Presentation questions were detailed question about the CFD projects that I have done during my Masters and Ph.D.. Majority of the questions were right on point, valid and accurate. Hiring manager tried very hard to put me on spot by harshly criticizing my work.   1 Answer

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lebanon, NH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at CD-adapco (Lebanon, NH) in April 2016.

Interview

First a phone interview, describing the position. Some questions about OO and software design and test. Then a group phone interview with 4 people each asked different questions about my past experience.

After that had an in-person interview. A technical presentation (15 minutes) followed by a question session on whiteboard. Two engineers asked me questions during the whiteboard session.

They recently acquired by Siemens. My impression of interview was positive.

Interview Questions

• Design/Implement something similar to "top" command in linux.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at CD-adapco in October 2015.

Interview

The interview process started with the telephone interview and discussed on the things i have worked, what i am looking forward in the project and so on.Then i was scheduled for a group telephone interview where data structure questions, threading questions and so on was discussed.

I was then scheduled for a face to face interview with 15 minutes presentation on anything technical. Then followed by a serious of multi threading questions, some algorithms questions and so on. Finally we designed a new subsystem that would perform some operation and as i was designing and coding on a white board.we discussed the design decisions,multi threading considerations and system calls that would be used and so on. At all times the interviewers were giving feedback on how i was doing and hints on the right direction

I loved the entire experience and i wish other interviews were similar and not asking some new algo questions that is hard to explain and get right on the first go.They paid for the entire trip and i was treated very well. It felt that i was working with friends.

I was not able to join due to personal reasons and would really love to work with them sometime in future.

Legal Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Melville, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at CD-adapco (Melville, NY).

Interview

I was first contacted by a recruiter by phone who wanted to confirm whether I had the desired skill for the position. About a week later I had an in-person interview with the direct manager, and then another in-person interview with the department team and senior management. Overall the process was straight-forward and easy. They seemed interested in that I had done research on the company and had a general idea of the corporate structure.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself.
      What do you know about this company?
      Answer Question

Applications Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Melville, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at CD-adapco (Melville, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

Excellent and thorough review, took the time to get to know me. Lots of technical questions, also included sales team in process. Very responsive, followed up. Had each team member sit and ask questions after initial interview.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time collaborating wasn't easy, and how you resolved it.   Answer Question

Senior Engineer Interview

Interview

After submitting my resume, within a week I received an email to set up a time for a phone interview. The phone interview was an initial screening in which the managers asked about my technical experience with FEA. A few days later I was asked to come in for a face-to-face interview.

Interview Questions

• How many layers of elements are needed at the boundary layer to obtain an accurate solution to the Navier-Stokes equations?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I asked for about 7% higher than the initial offer. I ended up with 4% higher.

Quality Assurance Engineer - Meshing/Post Processing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CD-adapco (Bengaluru (India)) in February 2016.

Interview

Two step interview. First with the local team regarding your background and basic knowledge. After that second round with global team leads, where you have to make a presentation about your previous works and background, should be on a technical area preferable CFD

Interview Questions

• Basic CFD question, types of meshes, wall y+ significance?   Answer Question

Applications Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CD-adapco (Bengaluru (India)) in May 2015.

Interview

I applied through reference the interview process took 2 weeks. First phone interview followed by written test and 40 min of presentation + question session. Questions asked will be full basics of your projects and mainly basics of CFD. Before presentation there will be a written test which is to check your knowledge in basic fluid dynamics and CFD process.

Interview Questions

• Basics of turbulence modelling, combustion and questions on structural analysis of turbomachinery components.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at CD-adapco.

Interview

1. A few rounds with HR or recruiter
    2. Emails with hiring manager
    3. On phone interview
    4. On Site whole day interview which starts with your presentation to the group with which you would be working and then a series of 1-1 interviews including a lunch (interview) with the team. If everything goes well then the interview day will end with the a final conversation with the hiring manager.
    5. They will let you know if they are interested

Interview Questions

• How to figure out if a point is inside a rectangle or outside of it.   1 Answer

A competitive offer from another company was better. They were really pushing for it that I join but their terms and conditions did not seem nice regarding job conditions, and immigration related issues especially for someone who is a fresh graduate and is on OPT.

Software Development Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at CD-adapco.

Interview

The hiring manager calls first to talk for about 10-15 minutes. After this, he/she arranges a webex session with a group of people. The topic is chosen by the candidate, and he is free to present something to the group for about 45 minutes, leaving 15 minutes for questions. By the end of this, they have usually made up their mind, and invite the candidate for a 2nd interview onsite which is mostly a formality.

Interview Questions

• People on the call are technical and very experienced in their fields, so they might ask detailed questions about design methodology, or just ask you to describe your thoughts on a some algorithm. You cannot really prepare for this, but experience will show through here.   Answer Question