CDC Interview Questions | Glassdoor

CDC Interview Questions

Updated Feb 28, 2017

2.8

Communications Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at CDC in February 2017.

Interview

Email a resume and cover letter to the listed departmental email. I believe there may have been a brief writing sample request as well. After several weeks, they called me to set up a group phone interview that was exactly 15 minutes long. After the phone call, they gave me two days to submit two recommendations and transcripts (I think it was transcripts. It was a little while ago, but I know they needed something in addition to recommendations). I declined to pursue the process.

Interview Questions

• What is your understanding of what our department does?   Answer Question
    • Have you had a chance to browse our publications? Did anything jump out at you as particularly interesting?   Answer Question
    • What skills are you looking to gain through this (or any) internship?   Answer Question
    • Who are you? Briefly.   Answer Question

Public Health Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at CDC.

Interview

The employment process takes forever. The interview process was straightforward - typical questions. One person was very nice and the other was very stiff and hard to read.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about your experience with the job requirements   Answer Question

Public Health Associate Interview

Interview

Skype interview; was very straight forward. My advice would be to be yourself and perfect your elevator pitch. There were a lot of situational questions (ie, what would you do if...?) so it may be best to memorize a few talking points on some of the difficult situations you've encountered.

Statistician Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CDC.

Interview

The interview process was over the phone and quite brief. The questions were not challenging or complex. It lacked any real or viable description about what the job entailed.

Human Resource Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Haven, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at CDC (New Haven, CT) in September 2016.

Interview

Phone interview followed by Easy questions basic panel interview then met with 2 executives. Unfortunately the offer was extended but rescinded once the original HRM decided to come back. That was unprofessional in the way they handled it. No one told me this until after the final the job offer was made. The VP of HR even told me she socialized with the previous manager during our interview.

Public Health Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at CDC (Atlanta, GA) in June 2016.

Interview

I interviewed as a CDC Public Health Associate for a conversion to a FTE position to continue at CDC after my 2 year fellowship. It was competitive - many of the PHAPs tried to convert to a FTE Public Health Advisor, but there are fewer positions than PHAPs. Interviews were different for each position. Most interviews had several rounds and were over the phone.

Health Scientist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at CDC.

Interview

Very straight forward process. Initially contacted by email, came in for the interview that included the direct manager and her manager. I learned I had the position within 1 week.

Interview Questions

• The questions were very straightforward and were not difficult.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There is none.

Epidemiologist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CDC.

Interview

The interview process was conducted in two phases. The first was a telephone interview with two team members. The first interview was mostly focused on accessing my skills and experiences. There were several questions related to my data analysis experience and specific software knowledge. The second interview was conducted in person with the team lead. The second interview focused on my ‘fit’ with the team and future career goals. Many of the questions were related to my experience with conflict, being a team player, and how I will work with others.

IT Security Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at CDC (Atlanta, GA) in October 2015.

Interview

I had to do the background check first. After the background check was passed, they emailed me some forms that I need to filled up. After I completed all the form and emailed them back. They emailed me the date and the time for interview. And I need to bring my resume and passport to the interview.

Orise Fellow Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at CDC.

Interview

Very informal. One phone interview with the hiring Team Lead and a senior scientist. I had applied for a position on a another team in the same branch and was referred for this fellowship position instead.

Interview Questions

Employer Interview Review Title Location Interview Question
CDC Communications Interview What is your understanding of what our department does?
CDC Communications Interview Have you had a chance to browse our publications? Did anything jump out at you as particularly interesting?
CDC Communications Interview What skills are you looking to gain through this (or any) internship?
CDC Communications Interview Who are you? Briefly.
CDC Public Health Advisor Interview Tell us about your experience with the job requirements
CDC Statistician Interview They asked me about my background
CDC Human Resource Manager Interview New Haven, CT Behavioral
CDC Public Health Advisor Interview Atlanta, GA What are your goals for the next 5 years?
CDC Health Scientist Interview The questions were very straightforward and were not difficult.
CDC Epidemiologist Interview Describe your experience with data analysis software.
CDC IT Security Assistant Interview Atlanta, GA Tell me about yourself
CDC Orise Fellow Interview What statistical experience do you have?