CDCNews Inside Sales Interview Questions | Glassdoor

CDCNews Inside Sales Interview Questions

Updated Feb 28, 2017

1.8

Inside Sales Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at CDCNews.

Interview

Very basic interview. You interview with both sales managers and they decide whether or not they want to hire you. It is not uncommon for them to discuss the interviewees with current employees. They have such a hard time hiring and keeping people that they really rely on referrals. That doesn't even work.

Interview Questions

• They want to know if you have a problem making prospecting calls.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for CDCNews

Inside Sales Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at CDCNews in February 2016.

Interview

Laid back but misleading towards what their attitudes are and how they treat you. Phone call then two in person interviews. Overall I wouldn't recommend going through the interviews.

Inside Sales Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at CDCNews.

Interview

Call with recruiter, who was very thorough
    Call with HM, had to do a sales pitch a surprise- would have been nice to have known it was expected.
    Onsite interview and a shadowing experience- really good to see process
    offer extended
    Background Drug screen references
    Very professional and relevant questions
    A good experience

Interview Questions

Negotiation

NONE

Anonymous Employee in Vero Beach, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CDCNews (Vero Beach, FL).

Interview

If you interview they will give you drug test. Then set you up for training.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

None. 100% commissioned with draw

Anonymous Employee in Oakbrook Terrace, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CDCNews (Oakbrook Terrace, IL) in June 2011.

Interview

Recruiter found my resume and called me. Nothing fancy just a regular conversation with her. Seemed like good people and made you feel special. Set up in person interview with direct manager. Started by saying go ahead and take off your suit jacket and get comfortable which was nice. Rattled off my background and he had some questions - again nothing special or fancy. Once they knew my background they were more concerned to tell me about them and their expectations. They definitely answered the difficult questions using politics and words to avoid a real answer. I realized later they wanted you to feel your skills are special so they could demand more from you later.
    An example of avoidance. How's the turnover? Well I am happy with my current team for the most part. Then I saw 6 people leave in 6 months.
    Another example. What happens when the $12k draw bucket runs dry. Well just make your calls and get some sales and that won't be an issue.
    After the one on one, I came back to sit with coworker for 2 hours and take a test drive as they say.
    Even though I was ready to go right away, I had to wait for HR to make the offer the next day or so.

Interview Questions

• Again there were no trick questions here. I believe HR made their decision based on the resume and the interview was a formality so the manager saw he could work with you himself.   Answer Question

Negotiation

For this type job a $52k base is already at or near the top so no negotiation took place. At the time I did not know it was their recruiting technique - offer people top dollar to get them in and then cut their pay in half after 3 months.
    After the interview it is all down hill starting with the shoddy training.
    Also I had to wait 2 1/2 weeks before I started and 2 more weeks for a paycheck.