CDK Global Account Advocate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

CDK Global Account Advocate Interview Questions

2.9

26 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at CDK Global (Detroit, MI).

Interview

Recruiter contacted me through a phone call for a phone screen and set up the interview. Interview started late, even though I got there early. Was asked a lot of basic employment and educational history questions. I was very well qualified for the job (which is basic telephone based client care from what I could tell) so they were pretty easy. One interviewer said that had been there for a little over a year and the other less than a year which I found strange as they were supposedly "team leaders". Also stranger, as I walked out I realized I hadn't seen any other men working here and the office was filled with women who all looked like they were in their mid 20's.
Got a generic email from the recruiter a couple weeks later saying I wasn't really qualified. A day later I saw the same position I had just applied for posted on their site. Guess I didn't fit their ideal employee mold, as I'm not a 20 something blonde...

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to deal with an upset customer.   Answer Question

Nov 15, 2016 – Director, Talent Acquisition

Thank you for taking the time to interview with CDK for the Account Advocate role. Culturally CDK thrives on a diverse and inclusive environment supporting our clients as well as our employees... More

Other Interview Reviews for CDK Global

Account Advocate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at CDK Global.

Interview

I was brought in for an hour long interview in their Detroit office, the interview took about the whole time with and extra 20 minutes for me to ask questions. There were two full-time individuals in the room to interview me. I heard back about a week later with my offer, but didn't have a start date.

Interview Questions

• They gave a lot of scenario questions and asked me to come up with various questions I could ask to follow up.   Answer Question

Sep 2, 2016 – Director, Talent Acquisition

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback!

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at CDK Global (Detroit, MI) in March 2016.

Interview

The interview process is not ideal. There are at least 2 people in the room asking questions. If you want multiple people to interview a candidate, it should be done one at a time. Also, the interviewers tend to come off as hostile, if you relax, your protential employee will relax.

Interview Questions

CDK Global Response

Feb 17, 2017 – Director, Talent Acquisition

Thank you for your feedback and have shared your post with the right parties internally. Feedback is very important to CDK as we consistently strive to deliver a phenomenal candidate experience.

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at CDK Global (Detroit, MI) in June 2015.

Interview

Lengthy but worthwhile. Recruiter set me up with a face to face after a phone interview and a face to face before waiting 2 weeks for the response and offer.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you reset expectations with a client.   1 Answer

Oct 6, 2016 – Director, Talent Acquisition

Congratulations on your offer with CDK and we are excited to have you join our team! Thank you for the review.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CDK Global (New York, NY) in June 2014.

Interview

personality test/ vocabulary and mathematics. the test was about 1-2 hours long all online. I was told it was personality only, then i later discovered, i had to answer formulas, if that then this, and vocabulary questions.

Interview Questions

• Situational questions based on clients and agency life   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at CDK Global (Detroit, MI) in June 2014.

Interview

Had phone screen then in person interview. They asked basic interview questions.Interview wasn't hard if you know what you have done in the past. There really wasnt any question that they asked that was difficult or unexpected. All the questions they asked me I had answers to.

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at CDK Global (Seattle, WA).

Interview

Typical corporate interview process.

Interview Questions

• Negotiate a large starting salary - promotions are based on percentages.   Answer Question

Account Advocate Interview

Interview

I wanted to submit information in another area and was requested to add additional information that I am not prepared to present since I have been with the company for awhile. I do not wish to publish incorrect information so I would prefer to not place information regarding the hiring and interview process

Negotiation

pretty one sided

Account Advocate Interview

Interview

After applying for the position, I was contacted by the recruiter to do a phone interview. The phone interview took approximately 15 minutes and covered basic questions such as my salary requirements and knowledge of the position and company. After this I was sent an email to take a personality assessment that took approximately an hour to complete. It included statements such as "I am happy when...." and I had to agree or disagree. Approximately a week after completing the assessment, I was scheduled for an in-person interview. It was two hours long and I met with 4 different managers. We discussed the position in more detail and they asked me situational questions to get an understanding of how I would handle things. A few days after the interview I was called by the recruiter and offered the position based on a background check. I was advised to not put in my notice yet as if the background check didn't clear then I would not have the position. The background check took an additional 2 weeks and once completed I was notified I had the position.

Interview Questions

• The questions were the typical interview questions, nothing difficult or unexpected if you are prepared.   Answer Question

Account Advocate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at CDK Global.

Interview

Once I applied for the position I received a phone call to schedule a phone interview. Once that was completed the second step was to complete an online assessment which went over personality traits and come basic math comprehension. The last step was to come into the Seattle office and have a 2 round interview where each round I met with two account advocate managers and was asked about my prior experiences. The culture was the first thing I noticed here at the office. Everyone seemed really excited to be here and the dress in the office is very casual and comfortable.

Interview Questions

• I have had a lot of qualified people I referred to this position not make it past the online assessment which is hard to believe.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They didn't seem to want to negotiate and told me what the starting salary was.