CDK Global Digital Solutions Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

CDK Global Digital Solutions Manager Interview Questions

3.3

Digital Solutions Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at CDK Global in August 2015.

Interview

The interview process seemed a bit long, but it wasn't necessarily a bad thing; they did some internal shifting and the original job for which was applying got filled internally. However, the recruiter was quick to shift me to another opportunity that opened as a result of the shifting - kudos there.

The interview process, after making through the first gate with the recruiter (making sure you should even be applying), was lengthy, but considerate; in other words, I understand why it was the way it was. It began with a phone interview with my future boss. Essentially, she talked to me about the direction of the company, she asked me some questions concerning my past, etc - pretty standard stuff. We then scheduled a meeting where it felt like a more "cultural fit" Starbucks-type interview than a standard interview. After that, she provided me with some material and instructed me to familiarize myself with it and be prepared to discuss my strategy with regard to offering the solutions to an existing/perspective client. She gave me a couple days and then we had another phone call - It was a challenge interview and I really liked it; it allowed me to prove myself by displaying my proficiencies.

The final interview was with her boss, which seemed a bit more like a formality than anything. However, it allowed me to get an even higher level overview of where CDK Global is headed and what their long term goals were with regard to the DSMs and their teams.

Overall, the process was long (a month or so) but they were always considerate of my time. The company invests a lot in their employees (or so it feels). Additionally, this is a client facing position responsible for major accounts; in other words, they have to be sure. I have been told that it is challenging to get hired here and even more challenging to leave. I hope that's right!

Interview Questions

• How would you present "x solution" to a client?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for CDK Global

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at CDK Global (Philadelphia, PA) in November 2014.

Interview

Pretty seamless interview process, just took a long time. Back grouund check was brutal! Pretty seamless interview process, just took a long time. Back grouund check was brutal! Yes I got job.

Interview Questions

• What salary was I looking for?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at CDK Global (Irvine, CA) in October 2014.

Interview

Sr. Management and HR need to retrain and school hiring mangers to treat interviewee's with consideration, professionalism and class. Do not tell an interviewee you will call them as to "next steps" in the process and not follow through. I understand the job market is a buyers market and the position demand is high. Do not be so weak and even lame to not return phone calls or text messages, especially after driving 2-4 hours to an interview. Think about it. It says a lot about your company. A word to the wise for future candidates.

Interview Questions

• "Now, when I call you I want to hear some growth between SEO and Organic"   1 Answer

Digital Solutions Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at CDK Global in August 2013.

Interview

Great communications with the recruiter from start to finish. Reached out several times to check in. Had great interaction with the manager and her partner. Was a lengthy interview process and took quite a long time to finish. HIring process with a little difficult as well because was unable to make a smooth transition.

Interview Questions

• Most questions were common and expected... nothing really difficult.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at CDK Global (Seattle, WA) in December 2011.

Interview

3 interviews; HR phone screen, F2F interview with Director of Sales and final phone interview with VP of Digital Sales for West Region. It took a while for them to get back to me, they had some movement internally that caused a slow down in my consideration, finally got a call from HR that they are going to move forward with background, which took another 3 weeks.

Negotiation

Very easy because I knew early on what the pay structure was like, HR Recruiter sent it to me, minimal negotiation, which I was okay with. They pay much better than Reynolds & Reynolds / Naked Lime and have much better benefits on top of that.

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CDK Global (San Francisco, CA) in December 2011.

Interview

2 phone interviews (initial screening interview and with the VP of Sales), 1 face to face interview with the Director of Sales

Interview Questions

• When I was asked to role play with the VP of Sales.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There is a set salary schedule based on the geographical territory

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at CDK Global (Seattle, WA) in October 2011.

Interview

went through a set of interviews with different people in the office, for all jobs I have had within the company. It's important to get to know all of the different departments when working for CDK. There is a lot of cross-departmental work that happens and if you are soft spoken or not willing to go after the info you need, you probably wont make a very successful sales person here.

Interview Questions

• They asked a lot of questions around numbers, drive, intuition, sales background, meeting objectives.   1 Answer