CDK Global Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.9

1. Featured Interview

Software Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at CDK Global (Seattle, WA) in February 2017.

Interview

4 person loop, 4 hours.
    One covered CSS, had two assignments to test your CSS abilities.
    One covered JSON Objects, gave an assignment to create a live search over a JSON Object.
    One covered JavaScript, gave an assignment to change jQuery into native on an HTML button.
    One asked about how you do in certain situations, and about operational topics.

Interview Questions

• How would you help the dealers user experience in adding 3rd party vendors to their site?   Answer Question

Account Sales Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at CDK Global (Baltimore, MD) in October 2014.

Interview

Contacted by recruiter, online application, aptitude test, meeting with Director and Regional VP, Drug Screen, background check, credit check, job history validation. Took about 6 weeks from start to finish.!

Interview Questions

• Q: Why have you had 4 different jobs in the last 10 years?   Answer Question

May 26, 2017 – Director, Talent Acquisition

Hello and thank you for taking the time to write about your interviewing experience with CDK Global! To clarify, CDK Global no longer drug tests and a credit check is not part of our background ... More

Web Design Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at CDK Global (Detroit, MI) in April 2017.

Interview

A CDK HR recruiter contacted me by email and by phone about this opportunity. I first had a phone conversation with the recruiter. Second they give you a test to do which is giving them three samples of work. 1. Create a HTML and CSS staff page with a second requirement of a drop down navigation. 2. Develop and design a marketing campaign for an automotive dealer in various ad sizes. 3. Write a program in JavaScript/jQuery working with numbers. You are required to get all that back to them in a relatively short time. Thirdly if you pass the test they invite you in for a face to face interview with two managers. When you first arrive they have you sit with an employee who is currently doing this job to get a feel for the work you would be doing. They explain that you are assigned around 13 to 14 queue tasks a day. You are to spend no more than 30 minutes on each. Then you have the interview. This is a young culture at this location. I did not see diversity in age.

Interview Questions

CDK Global Response

May 12, 2017 – Director, Talent Acquisition

Hello and thank you for taking the time to write about your interview experience with CDK in Detroit, MI. I hope you had a great experience when you visited our office and wish you all the best in ... More

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oulu (Finland)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at CDK Global (Oulu (Finland)) in March 2013.

Interview

Meeting with the HR to discuss about profile and personal interest - A lot of questions about background but low focus on technical - a second meeting with manager and a final one with local general manager.

UI Developer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at CDK Global in April 2017.

Interview

Technical Interview
    Managerial Interview
    HR Round

Lack of explanation and feedback after the interview process.

A candidate really prepares for the interview and if he/she is not selected even after answering each and every question correctly wonders for a feedback!

Client Technical Analyst I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hilliard, OH

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at CDK Global (Hilliard, OH) in May 2015.

Interview

Interview was laid back with typical questions you would expect. The panel included three managers. I was provided all questions that would be asked in advance by my staffing agency.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you disagreed with a coworker and how did you handle the situation.   Answer Question

May 12, 2017 – Director, Talent Acquisition

Thank you for taking the time to write about your CDK interview experience!

Senior Java Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at CDK Global (Seattle, WA) in March 2017.

Interview

No matter how nice and knowledgeable recruiter sounds if he tells you they are paying below market rate do not go further. Anyway, I agreed to phone screen. The interviewer was over 30 minutes late. I am not a native speaker myself but when on the other side there is a person who speaks worse than me it would not end very well. After half an hour of a pep talk, I got one of this puzzles from interview books to solve. I haven't seen this one before so definitely, my solution was not great.

Interview Questions

• public String replaceAll(String s, String s1, String s2)   Answer Question

May 15, 2017 – Director Talent Acquisition

My apologies. The experience you had is not up to the level we expect of ourselves. I will follow-up with our team to ensure this does not happen in the future.

Senior MEMBER TECHNICAL Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at CDK Global (Pune (India)).

Interview

Worst I have come across till now, worst HR process, no way of talking to candidate.

She sent wrong address in the mail, even didn't care to mention her contact no.

Best thing happned when I reaches there,hr didn't bother to come to me, all the process executed by the receptionist.

They started with a dumb test which has many wrong questions
    I got chance to meet hr, when she took some efforts to get up from her desk and meet, after all the communication done by their receptionist.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bhopa (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at CDK Global (Bhopa (India)) in October 2016.

Interview

Online Test
    GD
    TR1
    TR2
    HR1
    HR2
    Good company but very less hiring they just end up selecting only 1 candidate from our college. You need to prepare well for the company, specially data structures, DBMS, and atleast 1 coding language.
    GD was the main elimination round in this company but atlast also they selected only 1 candiate out of the 30 selected for GD

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at CDK Global (Seattle, WA) in April 2017.

Interview

from application to offer was over 2 months. I had a phone interview and was required to do coding as part of the interview via screen share. What made the interview helpful was the manager. He was helpful, engaging and friendly. Put me at ease.

Interview Questions

• Please describe how you would code a stack   1 Answer

Senior Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at CDK Global (Pune (India)) in April 2017.

Interview

First gave written technical test. Then first 1:1 round with technical guy for 1 hour & after that 2nd tech round with java architect for almost 2 hours. Started tech test on 10:00 AM and 2nd tech round completed on 2:30PM. After clearing these rounds HR told to wait for manager round, but I was on half day leave so had to leave at 2.30PM. HR told me to come again for manager round again. But even after 4 days didn't received any call from him. So I called him & then he told me that my my technical profile & knowledge is good but educational criteria does not match with company because I've done b.com & then MCA. Was HR sleeping while processing my profile? Most disappointing interview in 6.5 years of my professional experience. I wasted my half day for this interview & got very disappointed with HR's answer.....

Interview Questions

• All technical & logical questions, Core Java Concepts in deep, SQL, & Architect shown me the code in project & told me to explain the code.   Answer Question