CDK Global Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.9

1. Featured Interview

Software Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at CDK Global (Seattle, WA) in February 2017.

Interview

4 person loop, 4 hours.
    One covered CSS, had two assignments to test your CSS abilities.
    One covered JSON Objects, gave an assignment to create a live search over a JSON Object.
    One covered JavaScript, gave an assignment to change jQuery into native on an HTML button.
    One asked about how you do in certain situations, and about operational topics.

Interview Questions

• How would you help the dealers user experience in adding 3rd party vendors to their site?   Answer Question

CDK Global Response

Dec 1, 2017 – Director, Talent Acquisition

Hello and thank you for taking the time to review your interview experience with CDK. Very happy to have you onboard!

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at CDK Global.

Interview

Phone interview, then into a in person interview. It's all really simple, just know what job you're applying for, and make sure you know about it. Make sure you remember stuff from your previous job, skills, examples of things you did, etc.

Interview Questions

• Know Linux, or learn linux before trying to apply. It's all really simple, just know what job you're applying for, and make sure you know about it.   Answer Question

Senior Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hoffman Estates, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at CDK Global (Hoffman Estates, IL) in March 2015.

Interview

The interview process went very slowly, but most of them were via phone. There weren't any tests or evaluations. I had 3 phone interviews and then 4 in person interviews - the in-person interviews were all on the same day.

Interview Questions

• Describe the process that you use to groom and prioritize your backlog.   Answer Question

Manager/Director Interview

Interview

Easy and short. Nothing out of the ordinary. Process is fast comparing with other companies. It's expected out of an IT company. . . . . . . .

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Pretty simple and straightforward. mostly close ended questions and anyone could answer it! Improve quality of interview questions.Pretty simple and straightforward. mostly close ended questions and anyone could answer it! Improve quality of interview questions.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pune (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at CDK Global (Pune (India)) in January 2017.

Interview

Written +and 4 rounds of technical and one round with MD. Not very tough but conceptual.

Search Engine Optimization Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pune (India)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CDK Global (Pune (India)) in November 2017.

Interview

I was handed a set of question bank when in entered the office and was told to submit after completion. Questions were based on grammar, comprehensions and essay of your choice. Questions were simple but essay is the most important part of the question bank because they check your vocabulary, grammar and essay structure skills which is paramount for the job profile. After clearing the test there was interview round which was taken by two TL followed by a managerial round which is tricky and each round is an elimination round. They will ask questions regarding your previous job experience, reasons for leaving and other technical questions. In all fairness, interview is easy but they will ask tricky questions to check your skills. Do some research on the offered role because they will ask you questions based on that and you need to have a strong reason for choosing this field.

Interview Questions

• why do you want to choose digital marketing as an career and how it will help you grow your skills?   Answer Question

Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at CDK Global (Cincinnati, OH) in February 2016.

Interview

I got the job, and they offered me bagels! I am not so sure how to do the job but I will get bagels. They didn't seem like they cared much about my abilities. I have been on difficult interviews before, but this was easy peasy.

Interview Questions

• What is your favorite breakfast food?   1 Answer

Software Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hoffman Estates, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at CDK Global (Hoffman Estates, IL) in December 2013.

Interview

I had applied online for this position. I was contacted by a recruiter initially to gather basic information. After that a phone interview was scheduled with the hiring manager. It was a technical interview followed by an in-person interview.

Implementation Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CDK Global (Seattle, WA) in August 2017.

Interview

Went through a round of interviews with the recruiter. Proceeded to meet with the manager of CDK Global and had a 30 minute sit down. It was simple and the process was quick.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle a client that says no to everything you offer?   1 Answer

Graduate Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hungerford, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at CDK Global (Hungerford, England (UK)) in June 2016.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruitment agency asking if I was interested in working for CDK.

Stage 1:
    Answered a set of questions sent to me by the recruiter.

Stage 2:
    20-30 minute phone interview with a CDK employee. Consisted of questions around the company, myself as a person and my university experience.

Stage 3:
    Assessment day with couple of other interviewees. Part one of this day consisted of looking at different products, and evaluating which products should be developed for the market. Part two (for the technical role), presenting a project that I had been working on to showcase my development skills.

Stage 4:
    Final interview with two employees from the R&D team. Once again I was asked about my university experience, experience working on projects individually and in groups and I was told how the company works and what they do in a little more detail.

Interview Questions

• Explain one situation where you were given very little guidance, and how did you go about solving the problem?   Answer Question
    • Explain how you handled working in groups?   Answer Question