CDK Global Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 1, 2017

2.9

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CDK Global (Detroit, MI) in January 2017.

Interview

Takes for ever to get a call back, do they even read the resume's, and then do they even keep the jobs open - they say they are open - then they take it off the table.

CTA I Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CDK Global (New York, NY).

Interview

Applied online by submitting my resume, got called a day or two later. Set up a phone interview, was asked basic interview questions. Set up a second phone interview for technical questions. Offered the job a few days later

Interview Questions

CDK Global Response

Dec 30, 2016 – Director, Talent Acquisition

Thank you for taking the time to review your interview experience with CDK and congratulations on the offer!

Human Resources Business Partner Interview

Interview

After months of applying online and a strong internal recommendation, I was never granted even a phone interview. I meet all the requirements for the position, which ironically is still posted as active. Very unprofessional recruiters.

Dec 8, 2016 – Director, Talent Acquisition

Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback. This review has prompted some good conversation on our end with regards to how we provide feedback to candidates. Every candidate interaction... More

Digital Marketing Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at CDK Global (Pittsburgh, PA) in December 2016.

Interview

- Applied on Indeed.com
    - Got a call from a recruiter
    - She set up 4 follow up interviews with District/Area Managers
    - Waited about a month
    - Got a call for a face to face interview and had to do a 15 minute PowerPoint
    - Made it to final 2 out of over 100 applicants
    - Offer was made 2 days later
    - Background check takes about a 1-2 weeks

Interview Questions

• They asked a lot of STAR questions. "Situation, Task, Action, Results."   1 Answer

Feb 8, 2017 – Director, Talent Acquisition

Thank you for taking the time to review your interview experience with CDK Global and welcome to the team!

Account Advocate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at CDK Global (Detroit, MI).

Interview

Recruiter contacted me through a phone call for a phone screen and set up the interview. Interview started late, even though I got there early. Was asked a lot of basic employment and educational history questions. I was very well qualified for the job (which is basic telephone based client care from what I could tell) so they were pretty easy. One interviewer said that had been there for a little over a year and the other less than a year which I found strange as they were supposedly "team leaders". Also stranger, as I walked out I realized I hadn't seen any other men working here and the office was filled with women who all looked like they were in their mid 20's.
    Got a generic email from the recruiter a couple weeks later saying I wasn't really qualified. A day later I saw the same position I had just applied for posted on their site. Guess I didn't fit their ideal employee mold, as I'm not a 20 something blonde...

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to deal with an upset customer.   Answer Question

Nov 15, 2016 – Director, Talent Acquisition

Thank you for taking the time to interview with CDK for the Account Advocate role. Culturally CDK thrives on a diverse and inclusive environment supporting our clients as well as our employees... More

Client Technical Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Norwood, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at CDK Global (Norwood, OH) in November 2016.

Interview

Applied by referral, week later did a phone interview. Few days later set up an interview, was interviewed by a Service Support Manager and manager in training and remotely via Webex manger over enterprise department. Went over my application, asked me different scenario questions, how to deal with escalating situations and problem solving. Got a call within 48 hours with a job offer.

Interview Questions

• What are 5 things you can do with a brick besides build with it?   Answer Question

Full Stack Senior Software Engineer Interview

Interview

This was at the CVR division in Orange, CA..

Was asked contrived interview questions by half of the people on the panel. Average tenure for each team member is 4-7 years. Interview questions asked were not related to the listed job description. No questions asked were rooted in Computer Science i.e. data structures or algorithms. Leadership was not very technical.

Unfortunate that the interview panel couldn't create their own actual questions. They regurgitated questions from someone's else's book (Cracking the Coding Interview) directly. These signals let me know the true caliber of the team. I'm grateful for this since it lets me know that I should stay away from this team at CDK Global.

Interview Questions

• Asked me question 1.8 out of the book Cracking the Coding Interview (5th edition).

Assume you have a method isSubstring which checks if one word is a
      substring of another. Given two strings, si and s2, write code to check if s2 is
      a rotation of si using only one call to isSubstring   1 Answer

Client Technical Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at CDK Global (Salt Lake City, UT).

Interview

The managers that interviewed me were relaxed, yet professional enough to grant me an interview, and I am truly fortunate for the opportunity they gave me. The asked questions about basic networking, printer troubleshooting, remote desktop and Linux familiarity, as well as what I like to do in my spare time.

Interview Questions

• They asked how I fit in with my other jobs, but also basic technical support questions that most call center agents should know.   1 Answer

Sep 28, 2016 – Director, Talent Acquisition

Hi! Thank you for taking the time to write about your positive interviewing experience with CDK and congrats on the job offer! We are excited to have you join the CDK family in Salt Lake!

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CDK Global (Austin, TX) in September 2016.

Interview

Got an interview by talking to recruiter at career fair. Two interview rounds so far, in-person and phone. Fair mix of behavioral and technical questions. Interviewer was friendly and it didn't take long.

Interview Questions

CDK Global Response

Oct 6, 2016 – Director, Talent Acquisition

Hello! Thank you for taking the time to review your interview experience with CDK Global.

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CDK Global (Chicago, IL) in September 2016.

Interview

Applied to both online and through a campus career fair. Met and spoke with current Software Engineers about the position. Scheduled an on campus interview the following week. The on campus interview was with two Software Engineers that asked behavioral questions to get to know you, and to give you more information on the company and the position. They asked questions related to your resume. Was not considered for the next interviews. Upon questioning why, they did not respond. Poor communication.

Interview Questions

CDK Global Response

Jan 12, 2017 – Director Talent Acquisition

Thank you for taking the time to interview with us for a summer internship. We apologize for the lack of response. We work hard to respond to every candidate in a timely manner. We will work to... More