CDK Global Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 21, 2017

2.9

Client Technical Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norwood, OH

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at CDK Global (Norwood, OH).

Interview

Standard phone interview. The recruited was very good and thorough. Then a face to face interview with a remote panel. The first red flag was the location and lack of parking. Due to tax breaks from the local municipality which I had read about in the in the local newspaper.The actual interview started about 25 minutes late with typical question on the behavioral side. The female interviewer on the panel of three outside managers was very short and seemed to be playing the enforcer role. She told me the job which I applied for after reading the desired competencies was not an IT job as I had understood it to be. That's when I knew this company was everything the reviews I had read and heard about before the interview. She basically berated me about how the job had nothing to do with IT and explained what the job was again. Which was to support clients with issues related to the operation of hardware and software. Their industry is literally technical support in the information technology world. I can't make this up watch their YouTube videos.

It was a bizarre situation. My advice is if you apply here and get an offer demand top pay.

They were very clear that candidates would be notified if they were given an offer or not. Shockingly(LOL) I have never heard back from them.

I am not the type of person to leave a review but this experience was so bizarre, confusing and sort of insulting that I had to let everyone hear from me.

Interview Questions

• Tell about about time you interviewed me for a job that's requirements to apply were not the hiring criteria. Use specific examples please.   Answer Question
    • Who goes to college part-time while working full-time? Give an example of why anyone would do that?   Answer Question

Sep 2, 2016 – Director, Talent Acquisition

We are sorry to hear about the experience and lack of follow up from your interview. I am disappointed to hear you had less than an optimal experience with our hiring team. Our office location in... More

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at CDK Global.

Interview

Very unprofessional, we agreed on having an interview the following week. However, the recruiter decided that I did not suck up enough to him and other employees to earn that aforementioned interview. The environment definitely seemed to be 99% all white males, which is hilarious considering all bull the recruiter told me about how diverse their workforce is.

Product Manager IV Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at CDK Global (Seattle, WA) in August 2016.

Interview

After a 30-40 minute interview with a recruiting manager where we reviewed my resume, I moved forward to the phone interview with the hiring manager. The phone interview went well and then I was invited in to do 1:1 interviews with 4 different people a few days later. The process moved very fast - which I liked. I got very little information about where to park and didn't really feel like going through the hassle of asking for reimbursement for parking after not getting an offer. The interviews all went long and I should have asked for more breaks because I was definitely having mental/interview fatigue by the last interview - with the hiring manager.

Social Media Analyst II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at CDK Global (Seattle, WA) in August 2016.

Interview

1st contacted by a recruiter in July regarding a different position all together. After the phone screen I was emailed a skills test in which I filled out and emailed back. After about a week I was contacted again regarding an invite for an in-person interview. It was an informational interview as they did not have a current role available. The interview was very open, casual and comfortable with no reason to be nervous! After receiving positive feedback, at the end of August I received a call regarding a Social Media Analyst Role that they would like to move forward with. No further interviews and I ended up receiving an offer!

This was about a 3 month process from initial contact to offer/start date.

Interview Questions

• What do you do on a daily basis in your current role that could help benefit you in this position?   1 Answer

Sep 28, 2016 – Director, Talent Acquisition

Thank you for posting about your positive interview experience and happy to see the right opportunity became available in Social Media!

Software Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at CDK Global (Seattle, WA) in July 2016.

Interview

I didn't make it far into the interview process. I was contacted by a corporate recruiter and the 1st question I was asked after "How are you?" was "What is your current salary" followed by "What do you want to make?"

I don't know about anyone else but I find this very off-putting and frankly rude. I've been asked this question before but maybe towards the end of an interview or at some other point in the interview process. To be asked this question as the 1st question is to me a red flag. It shows the company really isn't interested in hiring quality people. They are only interested in finding someone who is willing to work for a lower wage than they are worth. They immediately want to remove any negotiating power from their candidates.

I only made it a couple of more questions into the interview until the recruiter accused me of wasting her time because I didn't match the job description / wishlist 100%.

I don't expect I will be hearing back from CDK Global.

Interview Questions

• What is your current salary?   1 Answer

Sep 2, 2016 – Director Talent Acquisition

Thank you for your feedback. Establishing salary expectations is an important part of the process but I definitely agree this isn’t the first question we want you to hear.  As a result of your... More

Product Owner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at CDK Global (Portland, OR).

Interview

Interviewed with a borderline-Aspergers VP of Product Management and 5 members of his extended team in a group interview, a 1:1, and a phone conversation with India. All interviews were conversational, my only skills tested were my ability to listen (to their monologues) and my apparent likability, and my experience with Agile. Most of the questions were asked by me. In the final conversation with VP he was positive ("everybody loved talking to you") and made a definitive commitment to hire with an appointment to discuss details. On the morning of, he canceled that appointment without so much as a word of explanation and disappeared into a black hole. I followed up by phone a few days later and received a casual email in response that he had changed his mind.
    I can only imagine what kind of nightmare working for such a decision-challenged manager would be. Thankfully I dodged this bullet.

Interview Questions

• How do you manage risk in an agile organization?   1 Answer

Sep 2, 2016 – Director Talent Acquisition

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback. Cancelling at the last minute and not providing a clear explanation is not how we want to operate. We believe that you should expect clear... More

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Typical questions regarding the tech stack that is currently being utilized. Some basic textbook questions. Some questions may or may not reflect what you are currently using or may be out of date. What's your best and worst attribute.

Account Advocate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at CDK Global.

Interview

I was brought in for an hour long interview in their Detroit office, the interview took about the whole time with and extra 20 minutes for me to ask questions. There were two full-time individuals in the room to interview me. I heard back about a week later with my offer, but didn't have a start date.

Interview Questions

• They gave a lot of scenario questions and asked me to come up with various questions I could ask to follow up.   Answer Question

Sep 2, 2016 – Director, Talent Acquisition

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback!

Project Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CDK Global (Detroit, MI) in June 2016.

Interview

A recruiter contacted me regarding my possible interest in a position at CDK and began setting up the interview process. I had an initial phone interview that was followed by an on-site interview.

For the on-site, I was told to arrive early and call an individual who would escort me in. I arrived early. I called. The individual did not answer (went to voice mail) and never returned my call, so after waiting a half hour I finally asked security if I could enter on my own, which he graciously allowed.

The on-site interview consisted of three separate interviews with different functional members. Some of the interviewers participated via conference call.

The first interview group was rather cold and impersonal, (note to CDK: smile when you greet people) asked a series of canned questions to which I provided solid answers (I've answered these questions before...). They provided a brief, high-level overview of their take on what a PM/BA does, however, at times I felt that I was providing them a free seminar on PM and BA practices. (Ok, perhaps a little ego there, but they didn't project much confidence in the subject matter.)

The second interviewer gave me the impression that they had never interviewed anyone before. This person had no questions for me and seemed unprepared. She simply introduced herself, sat down and stared at me. Finally she asked if I had any questions for her. I found this rather odd. Could this be part of their interview process? Some test? Not sure. What followed was a brief conversation and a quick exit. She did ask one rather vague question, which I asked her to clarify. After a few false starts at trying to describe what she intended to inquire about, we let the question fade out.

The third interviewer bailed (got called into an emergency...). I was not surprised. I got the impression very early on that they weren't the least bit interested in me, and it became mutual.

I followed up with the recruiter and explained that I was not interested in pursuing the position any further.

Interview Questions

• The interview questions were very "off the shelf": "What makes a good BA? How do you deal with difficult business customers? What is your biggest weakness? Give an example of a time when you had to break bad news to a business customer..." So, it was pretty rote from that perspective. There were no real surprises in the questioning.   Answer Question

Sep 2, 2016 – Director, Talent Acquisition

Hello, thank you for taking the time to post your experience. I am sorry to hear of your negative interview experience in the Detroit office. Please know we read our reviews on Glassdoor and... More

Client Technical Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, MO

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at CDK Global (Cincinnati, MO) in May 2016.

Interview

The worst interview experience I've had so far. I applied online and couple of days later was contacted by the recruiter to schedule a date/time to discuss about the opportunity. The interview went like this..
    Recruiter: Before we start off with the interview, I've a quick question. So are you a resident of the Cincinnati area? I said No (Though I was open for relocation at my own cost).
    Recruiter: Okay for this position we're looking for local candidates only and hence can't go forward with the interview. However, I encourage you to go through our careers site and apply for other positions that interests you. (Me in mind: But why? To waste my time and for you to once again reject me stating a lame reason?)
    The 'Interview' ended there. As a recruiter it is basic sense to look through the application and the resume thoroughly to see if a candidate meets all your requirements before you invite them for an interview. Yes, we're looking for a job but this doesn't mean you can take our time for granted. Please improve your professionalism!

Interview Questions

• Just one question. Are you a resident of the Cincinnati area!?   Answer Question

Sep 2, 2016 – Director, Talent Acquisition

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback, I am disappointed to hear of this experience. Your review has been reviewed by my team and I and has been addressed. I appreciate your... More