CDK Global Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 21, 2017

2.9

Account Advocate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at CDK Global (Detroit, MI) in March 2016.

Interview

The interview process is not ideal. There are at least 2 people in the room asking questions. If you want multiple people to interview a candidate, it should be done one at a time. Also, the interviewers tend to come off as hostile, if you relax, your protential employee will relax.

Interview Questions

CDK Global Response

Feb 17, 2017 – Director, Talent Acquisition

Thank you for your feedback and have shared your post with the right parties internally. Feedback is very important to CDK as we consistently strive to deliver a phenomenal candidate experience.

Intern - Hourly Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at CDK Global.

Interview

Scoring an interview with CDK Global wasn't too hard. Their representatives were very friendly and offered me an interview immediately at a career fair. The first interview itself went very well. They asked me primarily behavioral questions and general questions about my technical experience/background. I'm waiting to hear back from them after the first interview. I believe if that went well, there is one more phone interview (primarily technical) and that's about it.

Interview Questions

• What is a pointer? What is a terminal? What is passing by address vs. value vs. reference?   Answer Question

Software Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at CDK Global (Austin, TX) in February 2016.

Interview

Two rounds, basic SQL queries and Java based theoretical questions in both rounds. Both are semi technical and semi behavioral. As long as you can show that you understand the logic behind SQL queries and that you can know Java well enough to code a program to check for a palindrome, you should be considered a good applicant.

Interview Questions

• If I have a database of books, their authors, ISBN code and year of publication - how should I organize them into tables if their are many books with many authors and many authors with many publications?   Answer Question

Software Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at CDK Global in February 2016.

Interview

Went to the booth at my campus career fair, talked with the recruiters and got an on campus interview for the next day. Interviewer was from my university and was pretty arrogant. He did most of the talking. I followed up about a week after the interview and didn't receive a response for another two weeks after that, telling me that they were no longer having a software internship program for the summer.

Interview Questions

• Q: Is there any part of C that is similar to a class in C++?   1 Answer

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hoffman Estates, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CDK Global (Hoffman Estates, IL) in January 2016.

Interview

Submitted resume on-line and was contacted within a day for a phone interview which was followed up in a few days with an in-person interview. HR was very professional and responsive, but I was a little turned off by the arrogance of the Managers I interviewed with. In the end I was glad I didn't get the offer.

Web Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at CDK Global (Seattle, WA) in January 2016.

Interview

A few staffing agencies reached out to me for the initial screening of this position. From there, you're handed four test questions, "Design a grid template for online, Design a Javascipt Menu, Design a series of Car Banner Ads, and another Javascript question." before you're passed onto CDK Global.

The staffing agency was really only great at re-describing the written job description, so I went in hoping I could get a better understanding of the position. I interviewed with four people, none of which had actually seen my portfolio (which I thought was rude considering I took the time to complete their tests). This of course makes it hard to relate your answers to your visual design work.

Interview Questions

• Questions ranged from "what is the difference between a div and span", "and how do you deal with repetitive work & how to stay positive".   Answer Question

Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CDK Global (Chicago, IL) in January 2016.

Interview

Contacted my recruiter over the phone interview was great, in person interview was great as well. Waiting for a response has been an issue. No follow-up by recruiter or hiring manager

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at CDK Global.

Interview

Phone interview and then onsite interview. Very easy is you are a good salesperson. Just make sure you can back up your past experience. Final phone interview with VP. That was more of a courtesy than anything else.

Overall the process took about a month and a half as the company does extensive background checks. Just make sure that you fill out the application completely as they check that extensively.

CDK GLOBAL Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at CDK Global (Seattle, WA) in December 2015.

Interview

They wanted to know that I had all the basic down and especially that I knew Microsoft Excel. Otherwise it was much of a culture fit interview. They were very friendly and kept me comfortable. I wasn't nervous around them like I usually am in interview settings. Not intimidating at all and they didn't try to catch you with any tricks. Very straight forward and they were awesome!

Interview Questions

• When was a time you made a mistake and what did you do to fix it?   Answer Question

Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CDK Global.

Interview

I don't want to review my interview but for some reason it is necessary for me to do so. Apparently I don't have enough words now, so I"m just going to make this up so I don't have to talk about my interview. Hopefully this is long enough. That's what he said.

Interview Questions

• What's the air-speed velocity of a swallow?   1 Answer